11th September 2012, 08:47 PM
shanumilu

Am I eligible for IES if I am 30 years old?

My date of birth is 25/6/1982 am i eligible for IES 2013 exams , I belong to OBC non-creamy layer category. and if iam eligible how to claim the eligibility

13th September 2012, 05:29 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for IES if I am 30 years old?

The upper age limitation for IES exam for OBC (None Creamy Layer) category students
is 33 years.

As you have already crossed 30 so you have 2/3 attempts remained.
The excat cutoff date of birth for deciding the eligibility criteria shall be notified in the
advertisment of the exam. You definitely have two attempts remained but the third
attempt is doubtful because it age criteria is decided by cutoff date pulished in advt.
of the exam.

Make sure to have your OBC certificate at the time of applying for the exam.

Visit: http://upsc.gov.in/
11th February 2013, 09:21 AM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Sanu,

As you belong to OBC Category and your age is 30 years now , you are absolutely eligible for the IES Examination.

The IES (Indian Engineering Services) is conducted once every year by the Union Public Service Commission.

But apart from the age eligibility criteria , you have to check that whetehr you fulfill the other criteria too or not.

The Other Eligibility Criteria for IES examination are :

* Educational Qualification :

You must have completed your B.Tech in any one of the following streams :

a) Civil Engineering

b) Mechanical Engineering

c) Electronics & electrical Engineering

d) Electronics & Communication Engineering

So , if you fulfill the educational qualification criteria , then you are eligible for the IES Examination.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
2nd September 2013, 07:37 PM
Unregistered

sir, my age is 29 (gen category) and i want to write exam for ies, is it advisable to write exam. i mean first time that too last chance...
3rd September 2013, 12:33 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanumilu View Post
My date of birth is 25/6/1982 am i eligible for IES 2013 exams , I belong to OBC non-creamy layer category. and if iam eligible how to claim the eligibility

IES Stands for Indian Engineering Service examination .

If you have completed B-Tech / BE OR M.Sc. degree or equivalent with Wireless Communication, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as a special subject is also applicable for IES exam.

The applicant age should between 21 yrs to 30 yrs.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC candidate as per govt rule .

Your date of birth is 25/6/1982 , means your age now 30 years old so you are applicable for IES exam because you are from OBC Category , OBC candidate will get 3 years age relaxation .

Pattern for IES exam is given in below figure -

I have attached the syllabus of IES exam so please check it out .

For more information about IES exam or online application , you can also visit http://upsc.gov.in
Attached Files
File Type: pdf FULL SYLLABUS FOR IES EXAM.pdf(37.5 KB, 58 views)
3rd September 2013, 10:32 AM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
IES stands for Indian Engineering Services. The IES entrance exam is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission twice every year. Generally in the month of January/February or June/July this exam is generally conducted by UPSC.

To apply for the IES Entrance Examination you should have any one of the following qualifications:-

1. You should have obtained obtained a degree in Engineering from a recognized university.

2. You should have done M.Sc. degree or its equivalent with Wireless Communication, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as a special subject.

Age Limits:-

Lower Age Limit:- 21 years
Upper Age Limit:- 30 years (General Category)

You are eligible to give the IES examination because for the OBC Category candidates the upper age limit has been relaxed for up to three years which means that the upper age limit for you is 33 years. Thus you can give the exam because of this.

Examination Pattern:-
  • Paper I (Objective type): General Ability Test (200 Marks)
  • Papers II & III (Objective type): Questions related to their stream for which applicants have opted (200 marks for each paper)
  • Papers IV & V(Conventional Type): Related to their stream for which applicants have opted (200 marks for each paper)
Hope this helps :-> :->
5th September 2013, 12:30 PM
sagar_001
Senior Member+

IES Stands for Indian Engineering Service examination.

IES officers are selected by the union government on the recommendations made by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).

A combined four-stage competitive examination (comprising six tests), called the Engineering Services Examination (ESE) is conducted by the UPSC for recruitment to the Indian Engineering Services

yes you have Eligible for Complete Below qualification

Age Limit

21 to 30 yrs.

Number of attempts

4 attempts are allowed for General candidates for IES Exam

7 for OBC are allowed for OBC candidates for IES Exam

No limit for SC/ST/others for IES Exam

Education Qualification

you have passed B.Tech/B.E of the Institution Examinations of the Institution of Engineers
You must be Indian.

Citizen of India

Exam pattern

The IES ISS Exam 2013 will be conducted in two phases.

The Written Exam and Viva Voice. The written exam will consist of Six Papers of 100 and 200 marks.

The time duration of each paper will be 3 hours

Best books

IES Indian Engineering Services Electronic & Telecommuincation Engineering: Chapterwise Solved Papers, Paper - 1 and 2 (2012 - 2000) (Paperback)
by Manish Purbey
Rs. 309

IES - 2013 CE Civil Engineering: Topicwise Objective Solved Papers (Paper - 1) 8th Edition (Paperback)
by ME Team
Rs. 300

IES - 2013 ME Mechanical Engineering: Topicwise Objective Solved Papers (Paper - 1)
by ME Team
Rs. 400

IES - 2013 Electrical Engineering: Conventional Solved Papers (Paper - 1 & 2) (Paperback)
by ME Team
Rs. 454

IES - 2013 E and T Engineering: Topicwise Objective Solved Papers (Paper - 1 & 2) (Paperback)
by ME Team
Rs. 413

Chapterwise Solved Papers (2012 - 2000) IES Indian Engineering Services: Electrical Engineering (Paper - 1 & 2) (Paperback)
by Deepak Purohit
Rs. 295
5th September 2013, 11:51 PM
anshu85277
Senior Member+

Quote:
IES stands for Indian Engineering Services , it is conducted by upsc for engineering graduates

to apply for ies exam the eligibility limit is :

must have obtained a graduation degree in engineering from a recognised university

or you should have completed m.sc degree or equivalent degree with wireless communication, electronics, radio physics or radio engineering as a special subject,

age limit :

lower age limit is 21 years
upper age limit is 30 years

age relaxation for obc candidates is 3 years
age relaxation for sc/st students is 5 years

as you are obc non-creamy layer you are definitely eligible for the exam ,

exam pattern :

paper 1 objective type 200 marks
paper ii & iii objective type 200 questions for opted subject
paper iv & v conventional type for opted subject

good luck
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?