18th August 2013, 11:58 PM
Unregistered

How can I join Indian Army after pursuing B.Tech with mechanical engineering?

My Name Is Ankit Sharma. I Am Persueing My B-tech with mechanical engineering, and i want to join Indian army as an officer, could anybody tell me what all can i do for this. & what are the requirements,terms and condition.

Related Questions:
  1. How can I join Indian Navy after passing B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering
  2. How can I join Indian Army while pursuing B.Tech in electronics and communication
  3. How can I join Indian Army after pursuing B.Tech with mechanical engineering?
  4. How can I join Indian Army being a candidate pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering?
  5. Can I join Indian Army being a candidate of pursuing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  6. Required Eligibility criteria to join Indian Army being a candidate pursuing final year of B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering?
  7. What can I do to join Indian Army being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year Diploma in mechanical Engineering having failed Diploma (2 arrier)? -- [New]
  8. How to join Indian Army after passing Mechanical Engineering?
  9. Scope for computer engineer in Indian Army? How can I prepare for Army? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. How to join Indian Army after completing B.Tech in mechanical engineering
  11. How can I join Indian Army after pursuing B.Tech from Mechanical Stream in 3rd year? Procedure to join Indian Army? I have scored 70%
  12. How to join Indian Army after passing Mechanical Engineering
  13. How to join Indian Army Mechanical engineering?
  14. Can I join Indian Army after B.Tech?
  15. Procedure to get Job in Indian Army being a candidate of pursuing Mechanical Engineering? Required percentage of marks to get Job in Indian Army?
  16. How to join Indian Army after completion of B.Tech in IT? What will be the career scope for me in Indian Army?
  17. How can I join Indian Army after scoring 55% in B.Tech
  18. How to join Indian Army after completing B.Tech course?
19th August 2013, 08:57 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I join Indian Army after pursuing B.Tech with mechanical engineering?

Yes, after passing B.Tech. Mechanical engineering you can join Indian Army through cracking CDS entrance exam.

CDS - Combined Defence Service, the entrance exam for which is conducted by UPSC twice every year as CDS-I and CDS-II for entry in to Indian Military Academy, Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officer's Training Academy.

The eligible candidate aspiring for Indian Army(IMA) of CDS, must be an unmarried Indian Male having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or B.Tech. Exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 24 years with good Physical and Mental Fitness.

The selection is through written Exam followed by Personal Interview alng with Physical Fitness and Medical Test.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
19th August 2013, 12:54 PM
hunter kick

Default Re: How can I join Indian Army after pursuing B.Tech with mechanical engineering?

IF you have passed b. tech with Mechanical , first I have to tell you that you may have loosed a chance in your b. tech final year , well its not a problem you still can join indian army all you have to do is fill CDS application form stay connected to http://upsc.gov.in for all CDS related updates .
first you have to clear CDS entrance exam and then you will be called for interveiw.
you can join classes to understand points on CDS interveiw..
20th August 2013, 12:10 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Dear Ankit

Its to good to see that you are interested in joining the defense after bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering.

UPSC that is Union Public service commission conducts Combined defense services examination twice every year .So in order to join the Indian army ,you will have to crack the CDS exam.

As you have asked what is requirements ,it is as below:

>>First of all is the academic requirement which is bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognized university for the IMA and OTA .Bachelor's degree in engineering /technology for Naval academy.

>>Mathematics and physics at 10+2 level is necessary for the Indian Air force.

Next is the age criteria :

The minimum age limit is 19 years and the upper age limit is different for different academies under it:

>>Indian Military academy:24 years

>>Officer's training academy:25 years

>>Naval academy:22 years

>>Air force academy:23 years.

Nationality: You must be unmarried male or female Indian citizen.

You should be physically fit and must be satisfying the requirements.

This was all about the eligibility criteria .Now coming to the examination pat
tern:

Some of the best books for preparation:

For any more details regarding the CDS exams ,you can logon to www.upsc.gov.in.

Hope the information helps you.If you have further any more query ,please do not hesitate and leave it here .We will reply you as soon as possible

aashisranjan784
26th August 2013, 11:43 PM
Unregistered

Can u explain about the physical fitness ?
What would we need to do ?
27th August 2013, 02:21 PM
nishi513

HI FRIEND
## After the completion of B.TECH in mechanical engineering,you can join in Indian Army by clearing CDS examination
## CDS exam is conducted by UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION to recruit the various vacancies in INDIAN NAVY ACADEMY,INDIAN MILITARY ACADEMY,INDIAN AIRFORCE ACADEMY and OFFICERS TRAINING ACADEMY
## Age limit to apply for IMA is 19-24 years and for INA is 19-22 years and for IAF is 19-23 years
## And the candidate must be physically and medically fit as per government regulations
## For further details please visit www.upsc.gov.in

** ALL THE BEST **
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?