18th July 2012, 02:48 PM
Unregistered

How can I join Indian Army being a candidate pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering?

Sir I'm pursuing my 3rd B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering how can I join in Indian Army

Related Questions:
  1. What can I do to join Indian Army being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year Diploma in mechanical Engineering having failed Diploma (2 arrier)? -- [New]
  2. Am I able to join Army being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year of Engineering with an aggregate of 58%?
  3. How to join Indian Air Force being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year BE in Mechanical Engineering?
  4. How can I join Indian Army after pursuing B.Tech from Mechanical Stream in 3rd year? Procedure to join Indian Army? I have scored 70%
  5. How to join Indian Army after passing B.E Mechanical Engineering from AP?
  6. Required Eligibility criteria to join Indian Army being a candidate pursuing final year of B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering?
  7. Best Colleges offering GME course? Will there be any benefit of doing M.Tech in Marine Engineering being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering?
  8. How can I join Indian Army while pursuing B.Tech in electronics and communication
  9. Can I join Indian Army being a candidate of pursuing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  10. How can I join Indian Navy after passing B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering
  11. Procedure to join Indian Army for 3rd year B.E(E&Tc)? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. What can I do to join Indian Army being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year Diploma in Chemical Engineering having failed Diploma 2 times?
  13. Procedure to join Indian Army being a candidate of pursuing final year of Polytechnic in Mechanical?
  14. How can I join Indian Army after pursuing B.Tech with mechanical engineering?
  15. Required Percentage of Marks to apply for Indian Navy being a candidate pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech in ECE?
  16. How can I join Indian Army after pursuing B.Tech 3rd year? How much salary can I get?
  17. Can I be a Pilot in Indian Army or Air Force being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year of Aeronautical Engineering?
  18. How to join Indian Army after studying B.E Mechanical Engineering 3rd year
18th July 2012, 06:58 PM
Sammy11
Senior Member+

Talking Re: How can I join Indian Army being a candidate pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering?

Hi dear..

Yes, you can join Indian Army after Graduation.

==>> Engineering Graduates (Direct Entry)

~An Engineering graduate can join the Indian Military Academy directly.

~They only need to attend the Service Selection Board interview.

~Age at the time of joining should be between 20-27 years.

~The course commences every year in the month of January and July.

-->One can apply directly to Addl. Directorate General of Recruiting (TGC), Army HQ, West Block III, RK Puram, New Delhi -110066 in response to advertisement published in March/April & Oct./Nov.

All the best..!!
18th July 2012, 09:11 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I join Indian Army being a candidate pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering?

hi,
You can join indian army after b.tech by applying cds exam.
CDS exam stands for combined defence service which is conducted by upsc.

CDS EXAM ELIGBLITY:-
For Indian Military Academy/Officers' Training Academy:
>>You should have a bachelor's degree from a recognized university.
>>Your age should be between 19-24 years.
=>For Naval Academy:
>>You should have a B.Sc degree in physics or mathematics or a B.Tech degree.
>>Your age should be between 19-22 years.
=>For Air Force Academy:
>>You should have a B.Tech degree or a B.Sc degree in physics or mathematics.
>>Your age should be between 19-22 years
For morehttp://upsc.gov.in-
19th July 2012, 03:08 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I join Indian Army being a candidate pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir I'm pursuing my 3rd B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering how can I join in Indian Army
There is a university entry scheme through which engineering graduates can join the Indian Army. For this those candidates who are in the pre final or final year of.

There are total 60 vacancies for the engineering candidates in UES out of which 8 vacancies are for mechanical engineers ( it also includes those candidates who have done engineering in related branch like automobile engineering)

The final year candidates can apply for TGC and SSC entry also.

Age limit for pre final year candidates (UES) - The candidate must have completed 18 years of age and should not be more than 24 years of age.

Nationality - The candidate must be a citizen of India or a subject of Nepal or Bhutan or Tibetan refugee.

Height Standard - Minimum allowable height is 157.5 cm However a relaxation of 2 cm is given to candidates from lakshadweep and 5 cm to candidates from North East region.

Application Procedure

There is a format for Common application form which you can download from the army's website - www.joinindianarmy.nic . As per this format you will have to apply on a plain paper.

You will also need passport size photographs and matriculation certificate which must be attested by a gazetted officer.

The notification for UES is expected to be out soon. The addresses of the various headquarters for the submission of applications will be given in the notification.

After going through the selection procedure you will be called in the final year only for the medical fitness test and for selection as per merit and number of vacancies.
19th July 2012, 03:33 PM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

Now,you cannot fill then application form to join in Indian Army.To join in Indian Army with graduation course,then you should fill the application form on CDS exam.CDS stands for Common Defense Service.This exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission every year twice.

To fill the CDS application form,you should have completed or appearing for final of exam of B.E/B.Tech or any graduation course with any stream from a recognized university and your age should be between 19 to 24 years.

CDS-I exam notification will release in the month of October and exam will held on February month every year.CDS-II exam notification will held on June and exam will held on September month every year.For more details,then see this attachment.

Official website:
http://www.upsc.gov.in
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CDS-II-2011-English.pdf(133.1 KB, 86 views)
19th July 2012, 03:46 PM
tavleensingh

first of all there in no criteria for 3rd year student .
either a 4th year student(as qualifying candidate) or passer b.tech student can enroll to join indianarmy.

there r 2 ways through which u can joinindian army:
1. through UES
2.through TGC

go on the link for detailed info

http://joinindianarmy.nic.in/inner.aspx?status=2&menu_id=91&id=1
20th July 2012, 01:49 AM
lakshmi dhana

Friend you can join in the Defense services through various other Entry's like

- UES ( University Entry Scheme )
- Direct Entry Method

The final year candidates can apply for TGC and SSC entry also.

Age limit for pre final year candidates (UES) - The candidate must have completed 18 years of age and should not be more than 24 years of age.

Nationality - The candidate must be a citizen of India or a subject of Nepal or Bhutan or Tibetan refugee.

Height Standard - Minimum allowable height is 157.5 cm However a relaxation of 2 cm is given to candidates from lakshadweep and 5 cm to candidates from North East region.
14th September 2012, 12:46 PM
Unregistered

i want ask wheather i am elligible or not because i have broken my hand in 12th and went through major operation but currently i am absolutly fit.can i apply. i had keen interest of joining defence field
28th November 2012, 07:14 PM
shaik hassain

Default how to join army as an mehanial engineer

i wanted to join army in 4th year of b-tech mechanical engineer. what is the procedure for joining.and what is minimum aggregate that we must have`
14th December 2012, 08:59 PM
Unregistered

i am doing mech engineering from anna university chennai & want to join indian army.but i have 156cm height. Is it possible to join army as an officer?
20th July 2013, 09:32 PM
Unregistered

what are the posts for women mechanical engineering students?
21st July 2013, 12:48 AM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: how to join army as an mehanial engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaik hassain View Post
i wanted to join army in 4th year of b-tech mechanical engineer. what is the procedure for joining.and what is minimum aggregate that we must have`
YES, you can join Indian army

You have to appear in the UPSC conducted CDS Exams

Eligibity to apply for the CDS exams is:

Education:
Indian Military Academy (IMA) - Graduation Pass in any Stream
Officers Training Academy (OTA) - Graduation Pass in any Stream
Indian Airforce- Graduation Pass with Physics and Mathematics as subjects in class 12th or BE/BTECH
Indian Navy - BE/BTECH

AGE LIMITS-
IMA- Between 19- 24 years
OTA Between 19- 25 years
NAVY - Between 19- 22 years
AIR FORCE - Between 19- 23 years

Only MALE candidates can apply all the wings
FEMALE candidates are allowed to apply for the OTA wing only
21st July 2013, 03:26 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Dear Aspirant,

UES:-

♦>> Since, you are in the field of Engineering then you can join Indian Army direct through the University Entry Scheme (UES), Final year as well as Pre final year candidate are also applicable for it.....

♦>> For the Mechanical Engineering there are 8-10 seats are reserve......

♦>> Age of candidate should be between 18 to 24 years. Relaxation as per government rule.....

♦>> You can apply direct here : Click Here

CDS:-

♦>> You can apply through CDS examination also, CDS stands for Combined Defense Service this exam is conducted by the Staff Selection Commission every year.....

♦>> A candidate can apply for the CDS examination if they have completed their Graduation degree in any discipline, Since, you are in the Mechanical Engineering then you are eligible for all the post of CDS exam......

CDS Conducted for four post:-
  • Indian Military
  • Indian Navy
  • Indian Air Force
  • Officer's training Academy

Age Criteria:-

►► Age for Military academy should be between 19 to 24 Years....

►► Age for Air Force should be between 19 to 23 Years.....

►► Age for Navy should be between 19 to 22 Years...

►► Age for OTA should be between 19 to 25 Years...

All the best

With Regards........
DHARM
7th September 2013, 08:26 PM
Unregistered

How to join indian army after comlete diploma in mechanical engineering
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?