11th December 2013, 12:05 AM
Unregistered

Can I get admission after diploma ECE in IIT?

Can i get admission after diploma after diploma ECE .Actually i had Second Class in diploma ECE from Subramaniyan polytechnic college .Can i get admission?
so, kindly do the needful............
Regards,
karthikeyan T
[email protected]

21st December 2013, 08:26 PM
Support
Forum Staff

Default Re: Can I get admission after diploma ECE in IIT?

Let me clear your doubts. First of all as you have done your diploma and you want to take admission in the IIT college.

So the first thing is you are only eligible for the lateral entry scheme. Means that you can take admission directly in the 2nd year of BTech course. You don’t need to do 1st year of BTech course.

Now coming to next point that how to take admission in the IIT after completing diploma.

So my dear friend IIT doesn't have lateral entry scheme currently in their college. But there is one way by which you can take admission in the IIT.
Way to take admission in the IIT-

You need to appear for the JEE Mains and Advanced Exam and if you clear that exam then you can take admission in the IIT college. But remember one thing that you will get the admission in the 1st year not in the 2nd year after clearing the IIT exam.

Eligibility for the JEE Exam-
Candidate must be belong to Non Medical background.
Candidate must completed his 12th Class from a recognized school.
Diploma Holders are also eligible for applying to the IIT-JEE Exam.

So if you want to do your BTech from IIT college than there is only one way that is you need to appear for the IIT entrance Exam and after that if you will clear that exam then only you get the admission in the IIT college and in 1st year not in the 2nd year.

::Suggestion::
Don’t waste 1 year. Just go for any reputed college for your BTech after completing the degree course. Remember not all peoples who are working with Microsoft are from IIT’s. They are also belongs to middle level colleges. So suggesting you to take admission in any good college and go for your BTech. If you have flow than you will get good job even after completing your BTech from other colleges instead of IIT.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?