17th April 2014, 07:33 PM
Unregistered

ICET MBA or CAT MBA which one is better in all respect?

hello sir/madam.............i wuld like to knw the difference betwn cat mba and icet mba???which one will b better??and wat will b the expenditure for cat mba yearlyyy do we get any minority fee reembusment ,scholarships for cat mba??.do we havee any weell reputed b schollssssss present in hyderabad?watt will b the salaryyy for cat mba and icet mba???hw muchh will b the salaryyy......plzzzzzzzzz replyy me to my mail id sirr i will b eagerlyy waiting for ur reply.....

26th April 2015, 09:27 PM
aide006

Arrow Re: ICET MBA or CAT MBA which one is better in all respect?

Difference between ICET MBA & CAT MBA

I’ll discuss the differences based on the following aspects:-
  • Difficulty Level of Entrance Examination
  • Admission Procedure
  • Quality of Education
  • Kind of Exposure
  • Diversity
  • Placements
  • Alumni relations

Difficulty Level of Entrance Examination:

ICET exam is conducted by Telangana and Andhra Pradesh Governments individually for the MBA colleges located in respective states. It is a very easy exam when compared to CAT. The students whom you will be competing will be of only one state.

CAT Exam is a national level exam conducted by any one of the IIMs. The quality of testing and the expectations of examination authority will be high. The difficulty will be also higher. The competition will be among the students from all over India.

Admission Procedure:

The procedure for admissions is through online web options which will be done by TSICET or APICET accordingly. The procedure is very simple there will be no much hassles in getting seat. There are lot of colleges which are participating in admission through ICET.

IIMs will have two or three level of admission rounds however there is no monitoring of CAT examination authority regarding its partner institutes who uses CAT score they are not bothered about other institutes admission procedure. They only conduct CAT for IIMs. Other institutes are just using CAT score because the testing level is of high standards. Each b-school follow its own admission procedure using CAT score.

Quality of Education:

You should not expect quality business education if joined MBA through ICET especially if you are not in top 10 colleges which considers ICET.

Even with CAT based colleges you should aim at top 100 colleges which takes CAT. Beyond that are waste of time and money.

Kind of Exposure:

If you can manage to get into top 50 B schools of India through CAT the exposure you get will be life transforming.

On the other hand ICET based colleges can’t give you such a business exposure.

Diversity:

One more important aspect in selecting your study place is to have diverse people around you. Your MBA should be meaningful with continuous learning in campus, if you select through ICET all the students will be of the same state (mostly) and you will not be able to get connected with experienced people all will be below 2 years experienced or freshers.

Get into top 50 colleges, only way is through CAT.
ICET is far away in this aspect.

Placements:-

CAT Based colleges: Maximum Domestic: 18 Lakhs per annum || Maximum International: 30 Lakhs per annum
Profiles in companies will also be good if you manage to get into fortune 500 companies.

ICET Based Colleges: Maximum Domestic: 6 Lakhs || Maximum International : NA
Decent companies which are locally famous may recruit candidates from colleges.

Alumni Relations:

Depends on college (whether it is based on CAT or ICET). Alumni relations are very important post MBA for many things.

Try for top 20 colleges if not 20 at least top 50 through CAT only. Please don't go below 50. Doing MBA really doesn't matter these days, it should be worthy MBA for your career progression. Hope my insights will help.
10th June 2015, 11:25 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: ICET MBA or CAT MBA which one is better in all respect?

I got 511 rank in icet2015 . Will I be able to get admission into IBS hyd
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?