19th July 2014, 02:47 PM
Unregistered

Is there any rule to change the school at 12th standard?

I have completed my 11th cbse in hyderabad and now want to join 12th in a residential school in oozy. But the principal of the ooty school has asked to give a justification to the board centre in Chennai as to why I want to change the school n get their approval for the same. Is there any rule like this and if yes then what do I do?

10th September 2014, 01:21 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there any rule to change the school at 12th standard?

Yes, perhaps your principal is talking sense. If you change schools between 11th and 12th, there comes a chance of your name getting registered from two schools for the 12th board exams and if that happens you’ll not be allowed to sit for this year’s boards.
So, take the safe road and visit the Chennai centre of CBSE. Ask them for a letter saying that due to some inevitable circumstances you have to change your school for 12th standard and you’ll be eligible for board examinations from your Ooty School only.
Just in case they don’t, they’ll redirect your plea to the Delhi office of CBSE and then your letter will come from Delhi. It’ll take some time but they will surely respond positively.
7th April 2017, 09:28 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Is there any rule to change the school at 12th standard?

Is it possible that we can change school in class 12. As I have completed my 11th exam under state board and now I want to change my school and wanna go to CBSE school ????
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?