1st December 2014, 04:39 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for UGC-NET if completed M.Sc(Zoology) 10 years ago?

sir ,
i hv done m.sc in zoology with specialization in environmental science and scored 71% 10 years ago. after so 10 years i again want to compete for ugc net exam but want to know whether i m eligible for the same or not .i want to compete for ugc net rather than going for csir net.

2nd December 2014, 10:04 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for UGC-NET if completed M.Sc(Zoology) 10 years ago?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir ,
i hv done m.sc in zoology with specialization in environmental science and scored 71% 10 years ago. after so 10 years i again want to compete for ugc net exam but want to know whether i m eligible for the same or not .i want to compete for ugc net rather than going for csir net.
Yes, you are eligible for UGC NET exam.

NET stands for National Eligibility Test which is conducted twice time in year by UGC.

Those candidate who have completed masters degree from a recognized university are eligible for NET exam. General and OBC candidates should hold 55%and above marks in masters degree. For SC/ST candidate its hold 50% above in masters degree.

Age criteria for NET exam:-

For JRF Post :-Your age should be below 28 years.

For Lectureship Post :-There is no age criteria.

For more details about NET exam click on the official link http://www.ugc.ac.in
2nd December 2014, 10:07 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for UGC-NET if completed M.Sc(Zoology) 10 years ago?

You are definitely eligible for UGC/CSIR NET as you have the required qualification. There is no age limit for UGC/CSIR NET Lectureship. Upper age limit is only for JRF which is 28 years.

You are a M.Sc Zoology Student and you will be eligible for CSIR NET Life Sciences subject. You can also apply for UGC NET with Zoology subject. Just opt according to your interest.

The minimum qualification for UGC NET is Master's degree with at least 55% marks from a recognized University. You have got 71% marks, hence, no need to worry about anything.

For more information visit http://www.csirhrdg.res.in/ and http://ugcnetonline.in
15th May 2015, 04:22 PM
Unregistered

I have completed msc zoology Correspondence.whether I'm eligible to give net and for which sub.percentage in bs is 50 in ms it is 65.
3rd August 2018, 11:34 PM
Unregistered

Sir i have completed M sc in zoology with one year environmental science specilation i have a question can i apply for cbsc ugc NET ? ...
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?