18th January 2015, 06:39 PM
Unregistered

Can I get Visa if selected in NYIT, Vancouver having secured 5.5 Bands in IELTS?

Hi..
Iam Shivani from India. I did my B.Tech in Computer Science Engineering with 70%.Now I applied for MS in Software Technology in NYIT Vancouver. My Ielts score is 5.5 and university accept me and have send my acceptance latter.but the embassy requrimants is 6 band. Can embassy will give me a visa or not.
Thanks.

20th January 2015, 03:51 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get Visa if selected in NYIT, Vancouver having secured 5.5 Bands in IELTS?

You have to satisfy IELTS score requirement only to get admission in any university. But, there is no IELTS score requirement, which you have to satisfy to get VISA. The VISA officer will only ask you about IELTS score, but the chances of getting VISA is not completely dependent on your IELTS score, it depends upon your way of interaction with the VISA officer. If the VISA officer believes in your words, then he will definitely approve your VISA.
20th January 2015, 06:20 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get Visa if selected in NYIT, Vancouver having secured 5.5 Bands in IELTS?

Yes, you can get visa for pursuing your higher studies in Canada by scoring 70% in your Graduation and 5.5 bands in IELTS examination. To get a visa for pursuing your higher studies in foreign countries, you need to show an admission letter to the visa officer which you got from the university. If the Interviewer satisfies with your performance, your visa will be approved else it will be rejected. Since, you have got an admission letter from the university, there are more chances of getting visa for you to pursue your higher studies in Canada.
31st March 2015, 02:03 AM
bichapoda

Yes can get your Visa Stamping even after having 5.5 Bands in IELTS.

Your IELTS Band will help you in getting an Admit from the University.

So as you have already been accepted the University and got your Admit from them ther will be no problem with your IELTS Band in your Visa Interview.

If the visa officer ask you about your IELTS Score try to tell him some reason which should be Genuine reason and try to convince him telling that the university needed minimum 5.5 BAND to get an Admit.

Getting Visa for US depends on your University , Financial Support and your Communication.

If you have Admit from a very good University then you have high chances of Visa Stamping and if its from a Low grade University then you need to answer all the question posted to you regarding selecting that University.

If your Financially good then there will be not problem and if your not good then they mat reject your Visa saying that you cant effort the Expenses and for those expenses you may need to work there which is illegal.

Communication is very much important and they can not compromise for this. Because
for them the country language is English and if your not good at that then you will need to face problem in understanding them .

So as you have already got Admit from NYIT , process further and apply for Visa with out any Delay , don't worry about IELTS Band you got just get prepared for an answer if the Visa Officer Question you about getting low band.
28th April 2015, 01:36 PM
Unregistered

Hiii I got AIP from newzeland embassy and I submitted my all fees and FTS to Newzeland bank .I send my passport to newzeland embassy to get visa stamp on my passport .my session will start in june 2015 .when I will get my passport stamp visa back
28th April 2016, 10:18 PM
Unregistered

hello ..I have 6 bands in IELTS ....looking forward to apply for MBA in NYIT Vancouver. what are my chances? and i have rumors that VISA acceptance is 60% in CANADA.....can You Suggest me few more UNIVERSITY for MBA in CANADA or USA without GMAT
15th March 2017, 10:58 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to obtain admission into NYIT MBA program in Vancouver with "General" IELTS?
17th August 2017, 01:29 AM
Unregistered

Hi sir, I have scored IELTS overall with no band less than 5.5. I would like to get admission in Selkirk College, British Columbia. I have received a conditional offer letter stating my required score is 6.5 with no band less than 5.5. If i cant demonstrate 6.5 overall score, they may consider my application with an overall score 6 with no band less than 5.5. But, i have to undergo a course known as "EASL". So, i have scored 6 overall and i agreed to undergo the course. Could anyone please tell me whether my Student Visa will be rejected or not with overall 6 score??
4th November 2017, 08:32 PM
Unregistered

I got my acceptance letter for MS in INCS course from NYIT vancouver, but i have read somewhere on the internet that chances of getting visa with same university is very less. Students often got visa refusal while applied with same university. As it is a private university.so what are my chances of getting visa.i have secured 7.5 in IELTS , 90% in 10th and 80% in 12th and 76 % in graduation with 2 years work experience after.
4th February 2023, 06:39 PM
Unregistered

I have over all band of 6 with Listening 7, Reading 5, Writing 6, Speaking 6.5
Will I be able to get admission in NYIT Vancouver
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?