18th June 2014, 10:56 PM
Unregistered

Whether Newzealand Embassy will award me visa if secured 5.5 bands in IELTS?

hi,
i am from Bangladesh i got 5.5 in ielts 6/5.5/5/5 .i studied in Malaysia foundation in mechanical engineering after completing my 10th grade from Bangladesh.Recently i applied in New Zealand's Ntec(National technology institute tauranga).They accepet me and send me offer letter.They required 5.5 with no below 5.0 in ielts.
BZNEF(New Zealand visa foundation Bangladesh) give me positive report now its time for send my file in New Delhi INZ(New Zealand Embassy In India)
Will they give me visa??

14th June 2016, 08:24 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether Newzealand Embassy will award me visa if secured 5.5 bands in IELTS?

Yes, you can get visa of New Zealand with 5.5 band in IELTS. But you need to keep in mind that there are other factors as well which you need to satisfy to get visa. You need to get admission call from a well recognised institute of New Zealand and have to perform well in the visa interview to get the stamping done on your visa. Apart from this, you should be financially stable to sustain the expense in New Zealand, thus you need to prove your financial stability as well to get your visa.
4th March 2021, 10:09 PM
Maahi14

Default Re: Whether Newzealand Embassy will award me visa if secured 5.5 bands in IELTS?

Generally, 6.5 is a good band score for IELTS students visa. Through this score, you can apply to ample universities at your preferred level of study. 5.5 is less but for New Zealand if you want, it may be issued to you, as you meet its other criteria.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?