21st February 2015, 11:18 PM
Unregistered

Will there be a problem in getting admission for MBA if I have a year gap?

Sir/Mam,

I recently completed my engineering. I am currently not working. I am planning to appear for CAT exam, will my no work-ex and a year gap be an obstacle for my getting through any reputed b school. If so how can I avoid this.? Can you just let me know what would be the alternatives if I am not eligible for MBA?

Related Questions:
23rd February 2015, 10:16 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will there be a problem in getting admission for MBA if I have a year gap?

No, your year-gap will not be a permanent obstacle in the way of your MBA. However you may be confronted with the question asking reason for such a gap after your B.Tech. Gap before engineering is common but after completion of engineering is not, hence it can be an obvious question during the interview. The best option to avoid this is go for job, gain some work experience and try for CAT. This will also help in getting preference in the MBA colleges since they prefer job experience holding candidates. You can go for M.Tech/MS/ME course if you do not want to opt for MBA course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?