15th September 2011, 01:37 AM
rohan_123

Will it affect my Placements of having 2 years gap between 12th and B.Tech?

i have two year gap between my 12th and b.tech,first year gap was deliberate as i was preparing for competitive exam but i had medical problem during the course of exam months,so the second drop was unfortunately done by me,will this be affecting my placements. i have got 10th-88%,12th-83%,b.tech(3rd year)-78%.plz reply .

Related Questions:
  1. I have 3 Gap Years, will I still be eligible for Placements? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Will my campus placement get affected if I have 3 years gap between 12th and B.Tech?
  3. Am I eligible for placements after having a gap of 3 years after 12th? How much salary will I get and which companies?
  4. I took gap between 12th and Btech, will it affect my career?
  5. Am I eligible for campus placements in TCS if I have 1 year gap between 10th and 12th and 2 years gap between 12th and B.Tech?
  6. Dropping two years for better 12th marks, will it affect placements?
  7. Will a gap of 3 years affect my career?
  8. If I have 1 year gap between intermediate and B.Tech will it affect me in the interviews? If yes then how should I tackle?
  9. Percentage required for admission to IITs for electrical branch? Best colleges in West Bengal for M.Tech?
  10. Under which category can a Ayurveda Doctor apply in Group I exam? Am I eligible for the exam?
  11. Will my 12th low marks and a year gap affect campus placements?
  12. Gap between 10th and 12th will affect during campus placement of Accenture and Ericsson?
  13. A large gap between 10th and 12th is acceptable in JEE 2016? Will it affect placement?
  14. Will there be any problems in getting a job if I have 2 years gap between 12th and BBA?
  15. Will my resume be refused during placements? -- [New]
  16. Can a gap between Graduation affect my career?
  17. Will the low percentage in 12th affect placements having secured 84% in 10th, 55% in 12th and may secure 80% in B.Tech?
  18. Whether gap of 5 years between 10th and 12th will affect my job chances or not?
15th September 2011, 12:19 PM
Aryan6300

Default Re: Will it affect my Placements of having 2 years gap between 12th and B.Tech?

Your percantage is quit impressive but yes gap will effect u little bit .
15th September 2011, 12:26 PM
abhi1919

Default Re: Will it affect my Placements of having 2 years gap between 12th and B.Tech?

no it will not affect your placement .
placement is all about how you perform doing b.tech .
how much are you clear with things .
but during placement you should have a valid reson for drop , if by chance they ask you.
but don't take tension for this matter .
good luck for your future!
15th September 2011, 02:24 PM
Brijesh6300

I am realy soory but yes it will effect in placement little bit.
15th September 2011, 02:49 PM
teeks
Senior Member+

dear friend it will affect your placement in some top companies like infosys,cognizant,etc

but it will not affect in many other companies because al most all the company not allow more 2 years gaps between 12th and the b.tech but you have only 2 years so it will not affect more

ok all the best for you career
15th September 2011, 03:34 PM
BITAN GHOSH
Senior Member+

Dear friend,
Your percentage seems to be quite good.
You have an overall 605 above marks throughout your carrier.
But all the CMM level5 companies provide the criteria of an year gap of 1year.
So, you can have some trouble to appear in those companies.
If you are able to show proper reasons behind it then it's ok.
But you can easily try some other CMM level3 companies to start your carrier.
All the best.
15th September 2011, 03:36 PM
BITAN GHOSH
Senior Member+

Dear friend,
You have an overall 60% above marks throughout your carrier.
All the best.
16th September 2011, 10:06 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_123 View Post
i have two year gap between my 12th and b.tech,first year gap was deliberate as i was preparing for competitive exam but i had medical problem during the course of exam months,so the second drop was unfortunately done by me,will this be affecting my placements. i have got 10th-88%,12th-83%,b.tech(3rd year)-78%.plz reply .
dear friend,

Your academic marks is so good so you are eligible for Maximum no of companies.because maximum company want 65% through out in career.

But you have a problem in your placement some few companies are allowed only one year gap but the maximum no of company consider two year gape.

In the case of On campus it will not effect to your placement.

thanks
3rd October 2011, 01:12 PM
Unregistered

can two year gap between 2 and B.E. affect performance in upsc interviews
22nd October 2011, 11:14 PM
Unregistered

does college name from where we do btech matters in gettin placed in good companies??
23rd October 2011, 12:05 AM
amuyoga

Thumbs up Re: Will it affect my Placements of having 2 years gap between 12th and B.Tech?

no,as you have good academic records...
you should have enough communication skills and technical skills to join in the a grade mnc companies...
you just explain your situation during interview..

all the best
23rd October 2011, 01:37 AM
gauravprakashgupta

Hello Friend,
Your year gap can effect your placements.It depends for which company's interview are you trying for.
Some companies put the criteria of year and some don't.
for example- UST Global is a it company and it does not keep such criteria but companies like Wipro Keep this Criteria.
27th November 2011, 06:02 PM
Unregistered

Dear Sir,
will it affect my plecement of having 3 years GAP between 10th and 12th and 12th to b.com,?
MY Studies
10th standed in 1997 with compartmental pass with 44 %
inter 1998 march and completed on march 2000 with 49%
b.com on march 2002 and completed on 2005 SEP with 48%
I cet written on 2006 batch with 44000 marks
i joined MBA FROM 3Years Distance education with 58% from 2006 to 2009 and I have joined on CA Audit firm on 2006 to 2009

now i am working in Sr Accountant in infrastructer company in 2009 to till date
2nd May 2012, 08:48 PM
Unregistered

sir i had done 2 in 2010 and this yeaar i have got nit jamshedpur with mech. branch.is it going to affect my placement? if yes then to which extent
31st October 2012, 11:58 PM
Unregistered

I have 2 years gap after 12,due to bioscience and less than 60% marks in my 12 exam i could not take admission in B.tech,so i have taken admission in diploma(electrical engineering),i have obtained 84% in diploma,and got a job,nw i want to complete by B.tech through lateral entry,i want to know that have any problem in my campus selection in b.tech college?plz help me......your quick responsible will be highly appreciable......
28th November 2012, 06:29 PM
Unregistered

i too like others have a gap of 4 years after 12th and now i am going to complete my m.sc and cts company has deleted my name as i have long gap.really i am worried of my future and i dont know what to do please give me some good suggestion so that i too can join a good job
my 10th marks 85.6%
2 87%
b.sc-70%
m.sc(cs) upto now 7.2/10 cgpa
30th November 2012, 11:49 AM
BITTU 00

HELLO SIR.........

you have good academic records...you should have enough communication skills and technical skills to join in the a grade mnc companies...
you just explain your situation during interview..you are eligible for Maximum no of companies.because maximum company want 65% through out in career.

But you have a problem in your placement some few companies are allowed only one year gap but the maximum no of company consider two year gape.In the case of On campus it will not effect to your placement.

BEST OF LUCK !!!!!!!!!!!!
21st February 2013, 09:54 AM
Unregistered

I was doing eco(h) but due to year back i left the course now i have 2 year gap after 12th i have scored 87% in 12th from commerce with maths...can i get an admission in delhi university for b.com..??? Please suggest me..
1st March 2013, 04:35 PM
Unregistered

Iam doing bcom under mumbai university ,after compilation of my 2nd year I want drop a year fter a gip of one year can I appear for final year??
13th March 2013, 08:47 PM
Unregistered

sir i am in btech 3rd year i have 80% marks in 10th,65% in 12th ,8.00(cgpa) in btech till 4th sem can i face problem in interview in any small or mnc's company
13th March 2013, 09:09 PM
Unregistered

I am priya kumari btech 3rd year,branch etc i have 2yers gap between 10th and 12th and i got 80% in 12th,64.91% in 12th,8.00(cgpa) in btech upto 4th sem .Does due to year gap i have face problem in interview in mnc's and small company
13th March 2013, 11:34 PM
The Mask Man
Senior Member+

Definitely it will affect not your placement but your Package.
Most of the companies prefer those candidates who are Fresher.
But you have cored very good marks in 10th 12th and B-Tech.
Hence though your gap year ill affect but will not effect you much.
You are just required to score such good marks in upcoming semesters also.

All The Best
22nd March 2013, 12:26 AM
yumnamgirish

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_123 View Post

Hello

>>If you have year gap in the engineering there will be problem in the placement(on campus).

>>There are also some company which accept the mistake of yours but it is very rare.

>>You can try for some off campus placement.

>>It will not effect your salary.

Best wishes

girish
25th May 2013, 07:05 PM
Unregistered

Sir my name is jayanth I have one year gap in intermediat and one year gap in graduation can i get job in tcs i got more than 70%
16th July 2013, 10:30 PM
Unregistered

sir i have 2 year gap for 12th examination due to my illness can i eligble for any engineering cource plz plz tell me sir
30th July 2013, 01:31 PM
Unregistered

i have secured 86% in 10th and 90.2% in 12th with 2 year gap. Will it affect to my placement
31st July 2013, 06:28 PM
maruthidevi

Dear friend,
You have an overall 605 above marks throughout your carrier.
All the best.
18th October 2013, 05:01 AM
Unregistered

sir i got 77% in class 10 and 55% in class 12 in 2012 i am giving nios on demand exam as i had failed in physics and maths in 2014 can i get into engineering college please reply
22nd December 2013, 07:44 AM
Unregistered

can i take admission in class 9 inamu aligarh but i have gap 1year please give me suggettion
14th April 2014, 02:27 PM
Unregistered

I dropped an year after 12th and right now I am a 3rd yr b.b.a student. will it affect my placements of having. One yr. Gap b/w 12th n bba and 1 yr gap b/w bba and mba?
20th April 2014, 11:20 PM
Unregistered

i had completed msc(computer science) in 2012 & i donot have any job yet is there any problem to get the job ?
12th May 2014, 01:39 AM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

You have scored good percentage of marks in all your academic levels. This reveals that you are good at academics.

I don't know the reason for the gap of 2 years in between your academic levels.

If there is a genuine reason for this and if you are able to show the proof of for them, then you will be eligible to apply for the campus placements.

The selection procedure consists of
Written Exam
Group Discussion
Technical Interview
HR Interview

Some companies will also conduct JAM as a part of selection procedure to screen more number of candidates.

I suggest you to collect the placement papers of top IT companies like
TCS
WIPRO
GOOGLE
ORACLE
DELL
DELLOITE
MICROSOFT
TECH MAHINDRA etc.
and start preparation for the same.

Make sure that you are going to get the job in campus placements itself otherwise there is a huge competition among the candidates in outside market.

Wish you all the best.
13th May 2014, 11:19 AM
Unregistered

I had drop 2 years for preparation for competition (engineering)...can I have problems in placement?
7th July 2014, 01:29 PM
Unregistered

i had a drop 2 year for preparation for medical enterance exam ........ can you tell me it will effect my placement in good companies by engineering field?
7th July 2014, 01:46 PM
Unregistered

i had drop 2 year for preparation for medical competition can i have problem in placement for good company by engineering?
7th July 2014, 01:57 PM
Unregistered

i had drop 2 year for preparation for medical competition can i have problem in placement for good company by engineering?
9th July 2014, 10:09 PM
Unregistered

if i have 2 year gap between 12 and b.tech and i do b.tech from a state gov. college will it affect my placement and package?
9th July 2014, 10:50 PM
Unregistered

sir ,I have two year gap after 12 and now I am doing b.tech. with cse branch from national institute of technology calicut. my 10 th percentage is 63% and 12 th is 68% by up board and cgpa uptu forth semester is 7.4. I am worrying about placement . will this effect during my placement.how to get my mind tension free
30th August 2014, 04:31 AM
Unregistered

sir, I scored 78 % in cbse board this year and scored 141 marks in jee mains and i dropped this year. Now how many marks did i have to score in jee mains 2015 to get automobile engineering in dtu.. and i dont want to give improvement .
category: general
21st October 2014, 12:28 AM
Unregistered

Sir, I have got 60% in 10th and 53% in 12th but have gap of 2years between 10th to 12th ,so can I able / eligble for attend UPSC exam for IAS POST.
23rd October 2014, 12:36 PM
Unregistered

hello...
I passed my 12th in 2013 and after that I did B.Sc in chemistry for a year..and now I am persuing B.E. in electrical engineering from Jorhat Engineering College..I am in 1st sem.. now I am thinking to prepare for JEE MAIN 2015 ...this is my last chance and I want to get admit myself in one of the top NITs.... will it be good decision for me to drop 2years?
10TH -85% state board
12TH-75% state board
23rd October 2014, 12:49 PM
Thirujit

hello
I passed my 12th in 2013 and after that I did B.Sc in chemistry for a year...and now I am persuing B.E. in electrical engineering from Jorhat Engineering College,Assam .. I am thinking that I should prepare for JEE MAIN 2015 If I will able to get admitted in one of the top NITs will it be my right decison to go for that or remaining with Jorhat Engg College... will 2years gap effect me a lot? 10th-85%(SEBA,ASSAM) , 12TH-75% (AHSEC, ASSAM)
12th November 2014, 07:02 AM
Unregistered

i have a gap of 2 yrs btw 12th and b.tch,my 10,12 and,btch percentage are=84.6,67,79.6% respectively,also due to no campus in our college i have to opt for offcampus,will dis gap affect my selection in top mncs
12th November 2014, 07:06 AM
Unregistered

i have a gap of 2 yrs btw 12th and b.tch,my 10,12 and,btch percentage are=84.6,67,79.6% respectively,also due to no campus in our college i have to opt for offcampus,will dis gap affect my selection in top mncs
12th November 2014, 07:23 AM
Unregistered

due to no campus in our college i decided to take a drop and opt for gate prep so i came to patna(bihar).but have taken the full fees and are not teaching well so i am facing difficulty in developing approach needeD to crack gate exAM.as i am fresher,2014 passout my friends suggested to go to banglor for offcampuses. is dat d right suggestion, also i have a gap of yrs btw 12th and btch degree,will dat affect my selection in offcampuses....
12th November 2014, 07:27 AM
Unregistered

due to no campus in our college i decided to take a drop and opt for gate prep so i came to patna(bihar) and joined a coaching but they have taken the full fees and are not teaching well so i am facing difficulty in developing approach needeD to crack gate exAM.as i am fresher,2014 passout my friends suggested to go to banglor for offcampuses. is dat d right suggestion, also i have a gap of yrs btw 12th and btch degree,will dat affect my selection in offcampuses....?10th-84.6,12th-67,btch-79.6
27th January 2015, 06:56 PM
Unregistered

i have completed my i.sc in 2010 and in 2012 i join b.sc and in 2015 ,i want to join b.tech.is there in any problem in placement selection.please reply me kindly.
30th March 2015, 10:59 PM
Unregistered

I have 2 years gap between class 11 and class 12 . How will it affect in getting engineering job?
31st March 2015, 12:12 PM
divyanakra
Senior Member+

Your percentage are good so congratulations for that, yes the gap effects placements because some companies clearly denied students having large gap but yes some companies allowed them so prepare hard and best of luck.
7th June 2015, 10:02 AM
Unregistered

Hi, guys
i had given my 12th boards in 2014. I have taken a drop . .and got qualified in SRMJEE. But it was not affordable for me. I am thinking to take another year drop since my economic conditions are not so good these days and couldn't afford a loan also. Will it be okay to take two years drop?
Does colleges give admissions to such students?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?