6th March 2015, 06:27 PM
Unregistered

When should I apply for PhD in English program in Kerala University? Qualification required to apply?

Dear Sir,
How can I get an admission for PhD English in Kerala University?
For that when I need to apply?
What is the qualification criteria for that?
Please reply as soon as possible.
Thank you in advance.

Related Questions:
  1. Universities offering Ph.D in Physiotherapy? Previous questions papers for Ph.D in Physiotherapy entrance exam?
  2. Can I apply for another course in Kerala University after scoring 40% marks in English Literature
  3. How to apply for Ph.D in English? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Whether to go for M.Phill first or rather should apply for PhD directly?
  5. Procedure to apply for PhD in Social Work program at Nagarjuna University?
  6. How can I apply for Ph.D at Chaudhary Charan Singh University? Whether the university is correspondence? Whether PhD at this university irregular or correspondence course?
  7. What is the procedure to apply for Ph.D in Chaudhary Charan Singh University?
  8. Can I apply in best university for Ph.D in Psychology if pursuing graduation from distance education? Is there any shortest way to pursue Ph.D program?
  9. Minimum percentage required in M.A. Sociology to apply for Ph.D program? Can a Hindi medium candidate apply for Ph.D program?
  10. Am I eligible to do Ph.D program in Microbiology?
  11. Can I apply for correspondence PhD in Maths programme in Tamil Nadu or Kerala if completed M.Phil from Madras University being a lecturer?
  12. Difference between JRF and with SRF? Is it required to do PhD?
  13. Can I apply for government job in Kerala?
  14. Previous year papers of PhD entrance exam in Kerala?
  15. Can i apply for the post of Aided college Librarian in Kerala?
  16. Procedure to apply for PhD in Nutrition program in Bangalore University? Should I have to appear in any entrance exam?
  17. Which is better to do PhD in English Language or English Literature?
  18. Recognised university for correspondence M.Phil/PhD in English?
7th March 2015, 03:57 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: When should I apply for PhD in English program in Kerala University? Qualification required to apply?

Normally, notification for Ph.D admission in Kerala University are released in the month of January/July for the given year. If you have got a Master's degree with 55% marks in relevant discipline from a recognized University then you are eligible to apply for it. There is relaxation of 5% marks for candidates who belong to reserved category.

Admission in Kerala University is mostly based on NET/SET/JRF scores. Therefore, along with a Master's degree you must have any of these scores. You also have to appear for interview before joining the program. Those with M.Phil qualification can also apply for Ph.D admission without any NET/SLET/JRF score.

For more information visit http://research.keralauniversity.ac.in
7th March 2015, 04:14 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: When should I apply for PhD in English program in Kerala University? Qualification required to apply?

To get Ph.D admission in English program in Kerala University, you have to appear for Ph.D entrance test. The applications for Ph.D entrance exam are generally available in the first week of August. And the exam will be conducted in the month of October or November. So, You have to wait for the next upcoming Notification. To know more details, you can visit its official website.
http://research.keralauniversity.ac.in/index.php

Eligibility:-
1. To appear for Ph.D entrance exam, candidate should have completed their Master's degree with minimum 55% of marks.
2. Candidates belonging to SC/ST categories can apply even if they have 45% of marks.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?