27th August 2014, 01:27 PM
Unregistered

Which is better to do PhD in English Language or English Literature?

I am 24 years old i would like to join in p.hd and have completed B.ED and my m.a english thats why i am interested in phd program i have got some knowledge on english language education during my bachelor of education
is it supported in my doctorate program.

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility for PhD course in English Literature through online mode?
  2. Books to be referred to prepare for the entrance of masters in Linguistics?
  3. Detailed information about PhD in English Literature?
  4. Detailed information about PhD English Literature?
  5. Detailed information about PhD in English Literature?
  6. Universities for PhD in English Literature or Linguistics after M.A. in English -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Phd in english literature from R.S.S.U university of Raipur (C.G). procedure and papers
  8. Information about PhDin English Literature from IGNOU?
  9. How to do M.Phil after completing M.A and B.A in English Language and Literature?
  10. How to do M.Phil after completing my B.A and M.A in English Language and Literature?
  11. Eligibility criteria for admission for Ph.D course in English Literature? In which month will the admissions start for Ph.D degree?
  12. Will less marks in Ph.D degree in English Literature cause any problem?
  13. How may I join PhD program in English literature from JNU or other recognized university? I have done BA from Assam University and Masters from Nepal
  14. How to join M.Phil and Ph.D course after doing PG in English Language and Literature from MG University Kerala?
  15. What should I choose after completion of my BA in English literature? I have a good communication skill in English
  16. Can we choose Tamil as an optional subject for IAS mains exam? Institutes providing coaching in that subject?
  17. What is the qualification required to do M.A English Literature? Is it possible to do M.A English Literature after B.Com
  18. Details, model question papers and examination date of Ph.D(English Language & Literature) entrance exam?
27th March 2018, 10:16 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which is better to do PhD in English Language or English Literature?

Ph.D in English literature is always a better option than English language. There is scope of research in English literature and it will be difficult to pursue a research work in English language.

But you can take your decision based on your career goal. Mostly, those who want to make their career in academics and research pursue Ph.D.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?