6th January 2012, 12:46 PM
Unregistered

How can I prepare for Income Tax Department exam? Eligibility criteria for it?

i am student of b.com taxtion and i want a knowledge about income tax department and how can i prepare for it? can you give some information? and its eligibility

2nd February 2012, 04:43 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How can I prepare for Income Tax Department exam? Eligibility criteria for it?

how to apply income tax deparmetnt and what 's syllabus of paper???
2nd February 2012, 09:16 PM
anlakshmi

Default Re: How can I prepare for Income Tax Department exam? Eligibility criteria for it?

Yes, you can do it any income tax course.
Income Tax Officer Exam is conducted by UPSC to recruit the Income Tax Officer.

However,there are some Eligibility criteria such as:

1.Qualification:

a)you should have any degree of a recognized University, or equivalent.
as you have done graduation in B.Com ,so you are positively eligible.

2.Age:

a:Your age should not be not less than 18 yers and not greater than 27 years on the first July of the year of examination

b) The age limit for the posts of Inspector of Income Tax, is 18-27 years as on March 2012

3.Physical Standards (Minimum)

a)Height :157.5cm
b)Chest :81cm ,fully expanded with a minimum expansion of 5 cm
c)Physical Test:
i)Walking:1600 meters in 15 minutes
ii)Cycling:8 Km in 30 minutes
8th March 2012, 06:39 PM
Unregistered

myself meenakshi..i am doing b.tech..i want to know how to prepare for income tax officer exam...what books are good for this?
13th December 2012, 08:04 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility criteria for clerical grade post? Age concession etc.
25th April 2013, 05:23 PM
Unregistered

Myself Vijendra, I've attempt exam of B.Sc. final year...I want to know how to prepare for income tax officer exam and procedure of this exam.
25th April 2013, 09:43 PM
mxsiva4u
Senior Member+++++

Dear,

The Staff Service Commission (SSC) conducts an entrance exam annually for the recruitment of candidates in the income tax department. A series of written, oral and physical tests will be carried out for the selection of the candidates. Those candidates who clear these tests will be called for an interview later.

Candidates who are applying for the post of Income tax officer must appear for the SSC exam. The basic qualification required to apply for the SSC is a degree from a recognized University or its equal. The candidates must be atleast 18 years and not more than 27 years at the time of applying ( age relaxation is available for the candidates belonging to the backward classes).

Candidates who are appearing for the interview and examination must be prepared in topics like General English, basic arithmetic, general knowledge etc. In addition to this, questions will be also asked on topics like General policy, Geography and History. Subjects like Economics and Scientific Research will also be included.
26th February 2014, 10:20 AM
Unregistered

which types of physical test they conduct and what are the requirement for the it .
29th March 2014, 09:04 AM
Unregistered

sir i realy want to work in the i.tax department..but i m persuing b.e,so how can i prepare for this exam.as i realy want to qualify this exam as soon as possible...so give me some tips regarding to it
1st March 2015, 09:23 AM
Unregistered

Sir what are qualification of a married women (age 21) to be an Income tax officer
9th August 2015, 10:48 AM
Unregistered

Sir, i am a student from b.com but i want go to i.t.o. Department... And i need a smart study...plz tell me..how do..??
11th June 2017, 09:49 AM
Unregistered

Sir My name is Pawan Terdal. I am in 12th standard. I want to give examination of income tax after 12th
By reading above information I become to know that after 12th we can't give the examination. Qualification must be B.com
Sir My question is that what kind of questions can be asked in examination
9th November 2018, 12:13 PM
Unregistered

I want to pursue career in Income tax department. But i have no idea about various posts available under Income tax department. I have weak eyesight. Which exam should i have to clear so as to get job in income tax department ? Also tell all the criteria and all the necessary details related to exam.
11th March 2019, 12:37 PM
Unregistered

Hello, My name is Seema Jha i want to pursue carrier in INCOME TAX DEPARTMENT.

So, Let me know the Procedure for Preparing.

Thanking you.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?