22nd March 2015, 12:16 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for doing Ph.D in Madras University with 57% marks in Masters degree?

I have completed master degree with 57% (biochemistry). I want to know this percentage is eligible for regular phd in madras university? What would be the minimum criteria expected to apply for the Ph.D course? Can someone please provide me the information soon? Thanks.

Related Questions:
  1. How may I do my Masters in Law through Correspondence? I've done my LLB degree from Madras university in B.Tech at Madras Law college on a regular 5 years integrated course and secured 48% marks
  2. Am I eligible to do PhD in Economics if completed M.Com with 60% marks?
  3. More than 60% scorer in Masters degree can do PhD directly at Kolhan University?
  4. Am I eligible to do Ph.D program in Microbiology?
  5. Age criteria to appear for NET Exam?
  6. Procedure to do Ph.d in Hindi after completing Hindi from IGNOU?
  7. Am I eligible to join Ph.D having scored 51% of marks in Masters Degree?
  8. Am I eligible for TNPSC exam after passing BBA from Madras open university and MBA from Madras University?
  9. Eligibility criteria for Ph.D, Masters degree or PG diploma? Is there any university available for me after studying PGDBA?
  10. Information regarding IAS Exam being a candidate of pursuing MBA?
  11. Age limit for writing NET exam of Kerala?
  12. Is Ph.D necessary after doing masters in Librari Science with 60% marks
  13. How to become a scientist? I am studying graduation in chemistry(2nd year)
  14. Can I do M.Phil after BBA?
  15. Universities offering PHD in Economics without requiring Masters degree? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. After MCA can I do PhD in Computer Science or I will have to do research first?
  17. Am I eligible to apply for Bank Clerical Exam after holding B.Com degree from Madras University(Distance Education)?
  18. Can I apply in best university for Ph.D in Psychology if pursuing graduation from distance education? Is there any shortest way to pursue Ph.D program?
22nd March 2015, 03:46 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for doing Ph.D in Madras University with 57% marks in Masters degree?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have completed master degree with 57% (biochemistry). I want to know this percentage is eligible for regular phd in madras university? What would be the minimum criteria expected to apply for the Ph.D course? Can someone please provide me the information soon? Thanks.
You have completed masters degree with above 55% marks so you are eligible for Ph.D in Madras University.

Eligibility criteria for Ph.D course in Madras University:-

If you have completed masters degree with above 55% marks from a recognized university then you are eligible for Ph.D course.

There is no age criteria.
22nd March 2015, 04:32 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for doing Ph.D in Madras University with 57% marks in Masters degree?

Yes, you are eligible to apply for Ph.D admissions in Madras University, because Madras university is offering Ph.D admissions for the candidates, who have completed their Master's degree with minimum 55% of marks and Candidates belonging to SC/ST categories can apply even if they have 50% of marks in their Post-graduation. So, as a candidate, who have 57% of marks, you can definitely for admission in Ph.D courses in Madras University.
26th March 2015, 03:12 PM
Devdatta Divekar

Yes, you can apply for Ph.D course offered at Madras university. For purposes of admission to the Ph.D. programme, you should have obtained a Master’s Degree with 55% marks in the qualifying examination. For SC/ST candidates and for candidates who have completed the PG degree before 1991, the minimum can be only 50% for admission to the Ph.D programme.
3rd August 2015, 07:37 PM
Unregistered

I have pursued Msc Dietetics and Applied Nutrition with 9.5 cGPA on 10, I'd like to know if I am eligible for PhD Biochemistry/Molecular Biology at Madras University?
6th August 2015, 12:26 AM
Sandy131070

Yes, you can apply for Ph.D course offered at Madras university. For purposes of admission to the Ph.D. programme, you should have obtained a Master’s Degree with 55% marks in the qualifying examination. For SC/ST candidates.
candidates who have completed the PG degree before 1991, the minimum can be only 50% for admission to the Ph.D programme.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?