23rd March 2015, 10:37 PM
Unregistered

Can I join Indian Navy along with Graduation if completed 12th Commerce?

Respected Sir,
I am a student just passed 12th exams this year with 68 percent. I want to join Indian Navy and also do my Graduation. But my stream is Commerce please guide me any post in Indian Navy?

28th March 2015, 01:24 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join Indian Navy along with Graduation if completed 12th Commerce?

No, you cannot join in Indian Navy after completion of your 12th standard with Commerce stream. To be eligible to join in Indian Navy, you need to appear in NDA examination which requires the minimum educational qualification of 12th standard or equivalent with Mathematics and Physics as subjects from a recognised board. Since, you had not pursued Mathematics and Physics subjects in your 12th standard, you are not eligible to appear in NDA examination and you cannot join in Indian Navy after completion of your 12th Commerce.
28th March 2015, 01:42 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join Indian Navy along with Graduation if completed 12th Commerce?

No, there is no chance to join in Indian Navy after completion of your 12th Commerce. Only candidates who had qualified 12th standard with Mathematics and Physics subjects from a recognised board are eligible to join in Indian Navy. To join in Indian Navy, you need to appear in NDA examination by satisfying the eligibility criteria mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must have completed 12th standard or equivalent with Mathematics and Physics subjects from a recognised board.

3. You must be in between 16 1/2 to 19 years old.

4. You must be an Unmarried Male candidate.

5. You must be Physically fit as per physical standards mentioned in the UPSC NDA examination notification.

Since, you had not completed your 12th standard with Mathematics and Physics subjects, you are not eligible to appear in NDA examination and you cannot join in Indian Navy.
28th March 2015, 11:12 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

No, you cannot join Indian Navy along with doing Graduation. So you are required to go to any one of the options either Graduation or to join Indian Navy. Remember, you can join Indian Navy with 12th class as an educational qualification or Graduation as an educational qualification. If your primary aim is to join Indian Navy, then I suggest you to join Indian Navy directly with the 12th qualification. Or Else I suggest you to Complete Graduation first, then you would join Indian Navy.

Educational Qualification Required: (National Defense Academy-NDA)

>> Minimum educational qualification required to be eligible for NDA and NA examination is "12th class" from a recognized university.

>> Candidates who have passed their 12th Class in ANY STREAM are eligible to appear in NDA examination. You are also eligible to apply for NDA examination with 12th class (Commerce) qualification.

Educational Qualification Required: (Combined Defense Services)

>> B.Sc with Physics and Mathematics (Or) Bachelor of Engineering is required to be eligible for CDS Exam.
29th March 2015, 09:51 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

No, you cannot join Indian Navy or Indian Air force being done your senior secondary examination with commerce stream because for Indian Navy or Indian Air force the primary educational requirement is that you must have done your 12th/equivalent degree course with Physics , Chemistry and Mathematics as your main subjects from a recognized college/school .English is compulsory too for the same .

But , if you are interested in defense jobs then you can go for Indian army as there is no restriction of subjects/stream for this wing .
30th March 2015, 08:40 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

To apply for Indian Navy with Commerce is not allowed. There is a requirement of MPC subjects in your 12th .Being a 12th Commerce student you are not eligible to apply for Indian Navy or Indian Air Force.

So there is No possibility to apply for Indian Navy with your Qualification.Really If you want to Join in Defence Sector then you can try to complete the Graduation there by you have a chance to apply for the Indian Army through CDS.

Finally With 12th Commerce qualification you are not eligible to apply for the Indian Navy through NDA.
8th April 2015, 05:12 PM
Ashwakh

Keeping your Commerce stream in mind , you are not eligible to join in Navy with your 12th qualification . You can join in Navy , after completion of Graduation .

If you take Commerce in your Graduation also , there is no problem for you . Still you can join in Indian Navy.

So , go for Graduation and complete it from a Recognised University .

After completion of Graduation , you can apply for the CDS exam to join in Indian Navy

CDS - Combined Defence service

To join in Navy through CDS exam , your age shouldbe in between 19-22 years only
You shouldbe a citizen of India
You shouldbe an Unmarried candidate

Selection process is ,

* Written exam
* SSB Interview
* Medical Test

Written exam Syllabus is ,

1) General knowledge - 100 marks
2) General English - 100 marks
3) Elementary Maths - 100 marks
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?