23rd April 2015, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to reappear in 12th CBSE Board exam with Biology if secured 73% with Mathematics?

Hello,
I appeared in 12th Board CBSE exams this year with PCM. I have scored 73% marks which is definitely not a good score. Now I want to opt for Medical stream, dropping this year. So can I reappear in the Board exams again with Biology as a main subject instead of Mathematics? Please help me out.

26th April 2015, 12:51 AM
chintu helper
Senior Member++

Thumbs up Re: Is it possible to reappear in 12th CBSE Board exam with Biology if secured 73% with Mathematics?

No you can't change the subjects in Reappearing or improvement exams because registration is done in 11th class for 12th Board Exams if you wanna to Improve your marks in the same subjects then go for Improvement exams

If you wanna go for medical stream then you have two option

1). Take admission in 11th class from CBSE Board then prepare your best for 12th class marks but it is wastage your two precious years

2). Go for NIOS Board - National Institute Of Open Schooling they will provides you admission on the behalf of 10th class marksheet or Results
26th April 2015, 04:22 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to reappear in 12th CBSE Board exam with Biology if secured 73% with Mathematics?

If you feel that you have not scored well or your marks are not adequate to have a successful career in future, then you can surely go for Improvement examination.

You don't need to repeat one year again by studying all the subjects all over again.

You just need to contact your school officials and ask them for the improvement examination form and after having filled up the form and having paid the minimum fees for improvement examination, you will be however eligible to appear for improvement examination.
26th April 2015, 10:34 AM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to reappear in 12th CBSE Board exam with Biology if secured 73% with Mathematics?

No, it is not possible to reappear in 12th CBSE Board exam with Biology.

You can only apply for improvement exams in the desired subjects.
Just apply for improvement in those subjects you want to improve your marks.

If you want to do your 12th class with Biology, you can apply for it through NIOS board.
NIOS ( National Institute of Open Schooling ) allows you do pursue your 12th class from open board. You need not to go to school. Just prepare for your exams and appear in the exam directly.
To apply for NIOS just visit http://www.nios.ac.in/
26th April 2015, 01:05 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

No, you cannot reappear for CBSE 12th board exam with biology subject, because as a student who have taken mathematics in your 11th and 12th standard, you can reappear for only Physics, chemistry, mathematics and other optional subjects, but you cannot appear for biology subject. If your are interested to improve your marks, you can appear for CBSE improvement exam and you can improve your marks.
27th April 2015, 10:00 PM
Microsoft_Bangalore

Smile Re: Is it possible to reappear in 12th CBSE Board exam with Biology if secured 73% with Mathematics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
I appeared in 12th Board CBSE exams this year with PCM. I have scored 73% marks which is definitely not a good score. Now I want to opt for Medical stream, dropping this year. So can I reappear in the Board exams again with Biology as a main subject instead of Mathematics? Please help me out.

Yes, you can reappear in the 12th Board and can choose Biology s your Major Subject. So, what you need to do is to take admission in any of the CBSE affiliated School as a correspondent candidate. By this you will get a lot of time to prepare for your Subject. And then you can score better in your 12th.
9th June 2015, 03:57 PM
Unregistered

I have failed in nios school in physics chemistry biology can I change my subject in same year
20th November 2019, 10:35 PM
suchi haria
Junior Member+

No, according to the board rules you cannot reappear for a different subject if you have passed your 12 standard
You can definitely improve your marks if you want to but you cannot change your subject
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?