13th October 2011, 01:33 PM
Unregistered

How to apply for IAS examination? I have completed my B.Com degree from KUD University with 76% marks

Hello Friend,
Hi this's Ram From Bellary. i was completed my B.Com Degree in KUD Univercity With 76%. so i have interest to write IAS preliminary Exam Pls help to Suggest Me.How to apply AND when it will start (exam's) Pls I NEED A SENIOR STUDENT OF IAS pls if u ar know that person pls send his name. NO and mail ID pls pls pls FRIEND
This my mail ID: [email protected]
MY NO:7795772997

17th April 2012, 09:42 AM
Desiredanswer

Default Re: How to apply for IAS examination? I have completed my B.Com degree from KUD University with 76% marks

Hi buddy.
Well to apply for IAS preliminary exam you need apply through UPSC website that is
http://www.upsc.gov.in

Every year IAS exam is conducted.AT first the preliminary exam is conducted.Every year probably in the month of February the notifications of IAS exam are issued.
You can check the above website page and come to know about when the exam is held.
In preliminary exam comprises of two papers that is paper I and Paper II ,paper I is worth 200 marks and the duration is 2 hours and the same for paper II.
syllabus for paper I--
Current events of national and international importance
History of India and Indian National Movement
Indian and World Geography - Physical, Social, Economic geography of India and the World.
Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.
General issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change - that do not require subject specialization
General Science.
Syllabus for paper II
Comprehension
Interpersonal skills including communication skills;
Logical reasoning and analytical ability
Decision making and problem solving
General mental ability
Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude etc.) (Class X level)
Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. -Class X level)
English Language Comprehension skills (Class X level).

You can opt for a coaching centre for preparation or you can also prepare self.You need to prepare 8 to 9 hours daily and seriously and then sit in the exam after one year.

All The Best.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?