23rd July 2015, 03:32 PM

If I clear GATE in 6th semester will it be helpful to take admission in M.E. or M.Tech?

Hi sir i am student of 5 semester automobile. I think to give gate exam in 6 semester. If i am clear gate exam in 6 semester then this score is helpful to me take admission in m.e or m.tech????

Related Questions:
  1. Procedure to get enrolled for M.Tech Mechanical course degree? What is the date of the entrance exam?
  2. Off-campus job opportunities for a candidate who have secured 69.14% in 10th, 56.7% in 12th and 74.14% in B.E. till 6th semester? Whether 12th percentage matters to get job if clearing GATE?
  3. How to prepare for GATE while in 6th semester ECE?
  4. Should I start GATE preparation if pursuing 6th semester of B.Tech(ECE)? Benefits of appearing GATE?
  5. How can I get admission in M.tech without qualifying GATE?
  6. Can I get job in DRDO through GATE being a B.Tech(CSE) 6th semester student?
  7. Which branch should I go for in M.Tech if I am graduate in Electronics and Instrumentation branch?
  8. How can I prepare for GATE if I am a 6th semester engineering ECE student
  9. How can I prepare for GATE? I am a 6th semester engineering ECE student
  10. Required rank in GATE Exam to join M.Tech course in IITs? How to prepare for this Exam from 6th semester of B.Tech?
  11. Can I fill forms for upcoming GATE Exam having completed B.Tech with backlogs?
  12. Admission eligibility in Masters in Business economics? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. How to apply for M.Tech in a good institute after passing B.Tech in Mechanical Stream?
  14. Can I get admission in MSc computer science after studying BSc CSC 6th semester
  15. Am I eligible for giving JRF NET December exam after doing B.Tech biotech?
  16. Can I do M.Tech after B.E.? Is GATE compulsory?
  17. How to take admission in M.Tech after qualifying GATE in EEE stream?
  18. Can I join MS in Germany after scoring 70% till 6th semester? Which exams do I have to write?
23rd July 2015, 06:29 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: If I clear GATE in 6th semester will it be helpful to take admission in M.E. or M.Tech?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90332 View Post
Hi sir i am student of 5 semester automobile. I think to give gate exam in 6 semester. If i am clear gate exam in 6 semester then this score is helpful to me take admission in m.e or m.tech????
If you have cleared GATE exam in 6th semester then it will be helpful for you because GATE score in valid for 2 years.

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.

If you have Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology or Architecture/Design or its equivalent or masters degree in science department then are eligible for GATE exam.

There are no restriction for attempts in GATE exam.You can apply any number of time. There is no age criteria but your minimum age must be above 18 years.
23rd July 2015, 07:24 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: If I clear GATE in 6th semester will it be helpful to take admission in M.E. or M.Tech?

GATE stands for the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. This entrance exam is conducted by the Indian Institute of Technology for candidates seeking admission in master of technology from various engineering colleges of India.

The eligibility criteria required to appear for the GATE exam is that candidate must have done bachelor's degree in engineering or technology or master's degree in science. Candidates of final year engineering can also apply for the exam.

Final year means candidates pursuing seventh semester of bachelor of technology. So you are not eligible to appear for GATE exam. Hence you can appear for the GATE exam in seventh semester. GATE score is valid in institutes like:

>>Indian Institute of Technology.

>>National Institute of Technology.

>>IIITs.

>>Government Engineering College.

>>Private Engineering colleges etc.

The importance of GATE score is increasing day by day as large number of Public Sector Undertakings have started to shortlist candidates for recruitment on the basis of GATE score. So, you should labour hard to obtain good marks and hence rank in the GATE exam.
23rd July 2015, 07:47 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

GATE stands for the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering and the examination is conducted by the IIT for the admission in the M.tech and M.E courses in the different government and the private institute.

The eligibility to appear for the examination is candidate must have passed the 8th semester or candidate appearing in the fourth year can also apply.

So you have to wait till the 4th year to appear in the examination but you need to work hard to get the success in the examination as question are from the 1-4th year.
23rd July 2015, 08:07 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

No, you can not apply for the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering while study in sixth semester of engineering.

Candidate must have done bachelor of engineering or technology from a recognized university or if you are in final year of engineering then also you can apply for the GATE exam.

So you need to wait for one more semester, you can apply in seventh semester. Notification for the exam is generally out in month of September
23rd July 2015, 09:41 PM
kkghorla
Senior Member+

GATE stands for Graduate aptitude test for engineering and the score of this exam is valid for two years as you qualify in 2015 GATE you are eligible to get admission in 2015 and 2016 on the base of this score for master degree.

>> As you are in 6th semester so if you qualify in this year you can apply for admission in M.tech just after bachelor degree and on getting the admission in any government institute you will also get the scholarship as per rules about 10000 per month.

>> GATE score is also valid and important for the jobs in the private sector as in some multi national companies it is required for some good posts as assistant posts.
6th August 2015, 07:18 PM
Unregistered

Hii sir..
I heard that according to the new rules of gate 2016 I can not give gate exam in 6 semester. This score is not helpful to take admission in m.e/m.tech after complete b.e. is this true???
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?