12th August 2015, 02:00 PM
Unregistered

Can I study Part Time PhD in Anna University being an English postgraduate?

Hello,
I have completed my M.A. in English. Can I do PhD in Part Time mode in Anna University? Please reply as soon as possible. Thank you in advance.

Related Questions:
  1. How to register for Ph.D part time under Anna University? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. How can I study Part Time PhD in Computer Science being a MCA postgraduate?
  3. List of universities which offer Part Time PhD in Computer Science to M.Sc postgraduate? Total expenses to study Part Time PhD?
  4. Can I do part time M.E in Anna University of Technology Madurai at the same time along with Ph.D part time? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Procedure to study Part Time PhD related to Life Science for M.Sc(Zoology) postgraduate?
  6. Procedure and eligibility criteria to do Ph.D English in Indian Universities?
  7. Admission procedure to study PhD in English in Calicut University for M.A. postgraduate?
  8. Can I do part time PhD in Anna University being a Lecturer?
  9. Possibility to pursue part time PhD in Tamil Nadu University for Computer Science postgraduate?
  10. Am I eligible to study PhD in Anna University if completed M.E. from Deemed university?
  11. Eligibility to study PhD(English) in Central University of Tamil Nadu, Thiruvarur for English postgraduate?
  12. Am I eligible to study Part Time PhD in English if secured 53% in Post Graduation?
  13. Detailed information about PhD in English Language and English Literature for an English postgraduate? Possibility to do PhD in Management?
  14. Possibility to do part time PhD course in Chennai for M.Sc postgraduate?
  15. Procedure to do PhD from Anna university holding part time M.Phil degree?
  16. List of colleges which offer Part Time PhD in English course in Bangalore? Admission procedure and fee expenses?
  17. How to do Ph.D part time in English?
  18. Possibility to study Part Time PhD in Commerce for M.Com postgraduate who is working in Dubai?
19th August 2015, 08:16 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study Part Time PhD in Anna University being an English postgraduate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
I have completed my M.A. in English. Can I do PhD in Part Time mode in Anna University? Please reply as soon as possible. Thank you in advance.
You have completed M.A in English so you are eligible for Ph.D course.

Eligibility criteria for Ph.D course in Anna University:-

If you have completed masters degree with above 55% marks from a recognized university then you are eligible for Ph.D course.

There is no age criteria.
19th August 2015, 09:11 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study Part Time PhD in Anna University being an English postgraduate?

If you have got 55% marks in M.A then you are surely eligible for admission in a part time PH.D programme from Anna University. You have to apply according to the notification of the university on a prescribed format when the admission is announced.

There is relaxation of 5% marks for candidates who belong to reserved category. If you have qualified exams like NET/SET then you have too chance of admission in your choice of university.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?