8th September 2015, 01:44 PM
Unregistered

Can I become an IAS Officer if secured 41% in 10th Board exam?

Hello Sir,
I have scored 41% in my 10th Board exam. Though I have a dream to become an IAS Officer. So, with this percentage in 10th I can become an IAS Officer?

10th September 2015, 11:14 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I become an IAS Officer if secured 41% in 10th Board exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir,
I have scored 41% in my 10th Board exam. Though I have a dream to become an IAS Officer. So, with this percentage in 10th I can become an IAS Officer?
Yes, you are eligible for IAS officer exam but you should completed your graduation degree first.

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services. IAS exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission. IAS exam is conducted one time in a year.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for IAS exam.

Age criteria:

For General: 21 to 30 years
For OBC: 21 to 33 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 35 years

No. of attempts:

For General: 3
For OBC: 7
For SC/ST: No Restriction

Selection process for IAS exam:

1)Preliminary test
2)Mains exam
3)Personal interview
10th September 2015, 12:19 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can become Indian Administrative Services officer with 41% marks in 10th board exam. You must know that bachelor's degree passed candidates can apply for the Civil Services examination conducted by the UPSC every year.

Even if you have passing percentage of marks in 10th, 10+2 and bachelor's degree, you are eligible to apply for this exam. Final year candidates of bachelor's degree can also apply for the exam.

So, first of all you need to pursue your 10+2 then bachelor's degree then only you can become eligible to appear for the exam. After that you must labour hard to crack the three stages of this exam, preliminary, mains and interview. The minimum age to apply for the exam is 21 years.
10th September 2015, 01:42 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Candidates have to pass graduation in any stream to apply for IAS exams that is Civil Service Exams.
First of all just complete your graduation degree to apply for IAS exam.
There is no minimum percentage criteria, so you can also apply after securing 41% in 10th board exam.
Age of candidate must be from 21 to 25 years.
10th September 2015, 02:14 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to become an I.A.S officer after scoring the 41% in the 10th board examination. The examination is conducted by the UPSC as the civil services examination every year for the recruitment as an officer.

The eligibility to appear for the Civil Services officer is :-
* Candidates must have passed the graduation fro the recognised university.
* Candidates age must be between the 21-30 years and relaxation in the age for the reserved candidates

So you can appear in the examination after the graduation. The examination is conducted in the three stages and the candidates have to qualify in all the stages for the final selection in the services.

For more information about the examination visit at the www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?