18th March 2015, 03:00 PM
Unregistered

What should I do other than B.A. to become an IAS Officer if appeared in 12th Arts Board exam?

Sir
I am Himika Thaker and I have given my
12th Board exams in Arts field and want to be
an IAS officer so I wanted to ask that what course
I should do now as simple B.A. has no value
so I want to do something different.

21st March 2015, 10:40 PM
harishydv
Senior Member+

Default Re: What should I do other than B.A. to become an IAS Officer if appeared in 12th Arts Board exam?

To become an IAS officer you to take any graduation degree in which you have interest. For IAS exam requires any graduation degree from any recognized university with any percentage. some of the courses in graduation other than B.A are given below.

List of Courses in graduation are given below:

1. Bachelor of journalism
2. Business management
3. Hotel management
4. Event management
5. Political science
22nd March 2015, 10:27 PM
chintu helper
Senior Member++

Default Re: What should I do other than B.A. to become an IAS Officer if appeared in 12th Arts Board exam?

Yes you are right BA has no value but for IAS you need a degree and with BA degree you are eligible for IAS test, In BA you can only concentrate on your IAS test , means on load of College , in another degree you have to study IAS with college books also ,
so if you wanna go for any other degree you have so many option like
==>> B.Com
==>> BBA
==>> BCA
==>> Hotel Management
==>> Business Management
you can go for any degree ,, but i suggests you for BA if you really wants to be an IAS ,
1st April 2015, 12:19 AM
SmilyRishu

I appreciate your aim to become an IAS officer. But for that first of all you have to complete your graduation with good marks or say at least 60 percent marks.
After that you haev to attempt entrance exam for IAS.
So you have so many courses available for you iin graduation::::>>

Bachelor of arts.

Bachelor of business administration

Hotel management

Business management
2nd April 2015, 12:20 PM
amanshrivastava98

If you are an arts student and want to become the IAS but don't want to pursue BA then you can join any other subjects for your graduation.

According to the norms of UPSC, for the civil services examination, they just require a graduation degree from any recognized university.

So you are free to pursue any Degree course fulfilling the eligibility criteria other than BA.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?