13th September 2015, 01:26 AM
Unregistered

What is the age limit to write CSAT 2016 exam?

Sir, am completed PG degree MSW (medical&psychiatric) and my UG degree is Bsc mathematics. Now am not in any job. I am interested to write CSAT 2016 exam. My date of birth is 1983, this going to be my first attempt. I preparing for this exam in home itself. Can I able to appear for this exam. Am very much interested to write. Can able to write.

13th September 2015, 07:53 AM
kkghorla
Senior Member+

Default Re: What is the age limit to write CSAT 2016 exam?

Age limit for the CSAT exam is as-

>> The candidate at least of 21 years and less than 31 year can apply for the exam.

>> The age relaxation is given as per the government policies as 5 years for the Scheduled casts and 3 years for the Backward class And 3 years for the defense personal.
13th September 2015, 08:25 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, am completed PG degree MSW (medical&psychiatric) and my UG degree is Bsc mathematics. Now am not in any job. I am interested to write CSAT 2016 exam. My date of birth is 1983, this going to be my first attempt. I preparing for this exam in home itself. Can I able to appear for this exam. Am very much interested to write. Can able to write.
As per your age criteria, you are eligible for CSAT 2016 exam.

Graduation degree with minimum percentage marks from a recognized university are eligible for CSAT 2016 exam. Final year candidates are also eligible for CSAT exam.

Age criteria for CSAT 2016 exam:-

Minimum Age = 21 years old
Maximum Age = 30 years old

Age relaxation :-

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates
3 years relaxation for OBC Candidates
10 years relaxation for PHC candidates
5 years relaxation for Ex-serviceman
13th September 2015, 09:09 AM
Jitu.vide
Member+

CSAT stands for Civil Service Aptitude Test.

Age limit for CSAT:

Candidate should not aged less than 21
years and not more than 32 years. (In case of
candidates belonging to SC/ ST category, the
upper age limit is relaxable up to five years. In
case of OBC candidates, the upper age limit is
relaxable up to three years).
13th September 2015, 10:07 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Sorry, you are not eligible to appear for the examination. The CSAT examination is the first stage for the Civil Services examination conducted by the UPSC every year.

The minimum required qualification to appear for the examination is 21-32 years as on the August 1 of the year of appearing for the examination. So you cannot appear for the examination. But there are relaxation on the upper age limit for the reserved category candidates.

The notifications for the examination is released in the month of the May every year. To get the more information about the examination visit at the www.upsc.gov.in
13th September 2015, 12:07 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

CSAT stands for Civil Services Aptitude Test and the same examination is held by Union Public Service Commission once every year for the recruitment of officers in the administrative field.

--> The qualifications required for appearing in the same examination are as here under :-

* You must have the nationality of India.

* You must have either completed your graduation degree course or must be pursuing the final year of same with any discipline of your interest from a recognized university.

* Your minimum age must be over 21 years where as it must be below 30 years if you belong to general category, 33 years if you belong to OBC category, 35 years if you belong to SC/ST category and 40 years if you belong to Physically handicapped category.

--> The CSAT is also called as Civil Services Preliminary test which is the stage one of Civil Services examination out of the three stages. The other two stages are Mains and Personal interview respectively.

--> Also the number of attempts provided for clearing the same examination is 4 attempts for general category, 7 attempts for OBC category where as there is no limitations of attempts for SC/ST category.

So being born in the year 1983 it is clear from the age limit mentioned for the same examination that you are eligible for the same examination only if you belong to either of SC/ST or PH categories.

For more information regarding the same examination you can log on to the official link of UPSC i.e; www.upsc.gov.in.
13th September 2015, 12:22 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to appear for the CSAT 2016 if you belong to the general category candidates.

The examination for the CSAT is conducted by the UPSC every year as the Civil Services examination. The eligibility to appear for the examination is :-
* Candidates must have passed the graduation from a recognised university.
* Candidates age must be between the 21-32 years and +3 and +5 in the upper age limit for the reserved candidates.

So if you belong to the reserved category you are eligible to appear for the examination conducted in the 2016. The notification for the examination is released in the month of May every year. The examination for the first stage CSAT is conducted in the last week of the August. The candidates after qualifying in the CSAT and the General Studies are eligible for the Mains.

For more information about the examination visit at the www.upsc.gov.in
13th September 2015, 02:55 PM
sarita46
Senior Member+++

Quote:
According to the new norms there has been changes by Government regarding age limit and also in number of attempts for all the categories. So here is the details for your doubt whether you are eligible for CSAT exam in the year 2016 or not.

Age Limit and Number of Attempts

For General category : Aspirants should not be less than 21 years but not more than 32 years. Aspirants can appear for CSAT exam for 6 times but not more than that.

For OBC category: Aspirants should not be less than 21 years but not more than 35 years. Aspirants can appear for CSAT exam for 9 times but not more than that.

For SC/ST category : Aspirants should not be less than 21 years but not more than 37 years. For SC/ST there is no such restriction regarding attempts as there is no such limit. They can appear for CSAT exam for many times as they want but they should be under their respected age.

In your question you have mentioned your year that is 1983 so according to the calculation your age in the year 2016 will be 33 years. As I have mentioned above the age limit so according to the General category your age is not applicable for CSAT exam 2016. But if you belong to OBC/SC/T category then yes, you are eligible for CSAT exam next year.

For more information log on to www.upsc.gov.in/
13th September 2015, 04:19 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

You can apply for CSAT 2016 exam only if you belong to reserved category because as
per age criteria you have crossed the maximum age limit to apply under open category.

CSAT stands for Civil Services Aptitude Test . It is conducted by Union public service commission .

CSAT 2016 exam eligibility criteria are as under :-

The eligibility criteria required for CSAT are as under:-

-The candidate should be an Indian.

-The candidate should have completed graduation degree in relevant discipline from a recognized university.

-The age limit to apply for the exam is from 21 years to 32 years .There will be relaxation in upper age limit for the reserved category candidates as per the government norms

Application Fee:

For Unreserved category candidates - Rs. 100/-

Reserved category candidates (All females/ SC/ ST/ PH etc.) are exempted from paying application fee.
13th September 2015, 05:19 PM
piki05

Eligibility:

The candidate must have Degree in any discipline affiliated to any university/institute.

Candidates who have passed final year of MBBS exam but are yet to complete internship can apply for this exam.

Age Limit:

Age of candidates should not be less than 21 years and not more than 32 years.
13th September 2015, 06:23 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
CSAT - Civil Service Aptitude Test

This is a compulsory test for Civil Services exam which is conducted by UPSC and is held every year. There are criteria's which is needed to be satisfied in order to apply for the exam and as you have asked for the information regarding the age limit, it is that for general category candidate it is 21-30 years and for SC/ST it is 21-35 years and for OBC it is 21-35 years.

The educational qualification needed is candidate should have completed a degree from a recognized university in any stream from a recognized university. Regarding the nationality standard you should have a citizenship in India.

If you tend to satisfy all these criteria then you can apply for the Civil service exam.

To know more about the exam check at http://www.upsc.gov.in
13th September 2015, 07:46 PM
JSD.

CSAT , civil service aptitude test is now CSE civil service examination. This exam is conducted by the Upsc every year.

The basic eligibility criteria for this exam is to have a bachelor degree course in any stream from a recognised university with minimum 50% marks in aggregate. Also the appearing aspirant's age must lie in between 21 years to 30 years to be eligible for this exam.

There is relaxation by 5 years for the SC/ST aspirant. For the Obc category aspirants relaxation is by 3 year.
13th September 2015, 08:58 PM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

CSAT is the Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC.Age Limit criteria for this exam is 21 to 32 years.Your birth year is 1983 that mean you are 32 years old & you will be 33 years old in next year.If you belongs to General category , then you are not eligible for CSAT 2016.If you belongs to OBC/SC/ST category , then you are eligible for CSAT 2016.

Eligibility

- One should have Indian Citizenship

Education Qualification
You should have bachelor degree in any discipline from recognized university

Age Limit
Your age should be between 21 to 32 years on 1st August of the examination year.Relaxation applicable 3 years for OBC and 5 years for SC/ST.

Selection
- CSAT Preliminary exam
- Main exam
- Interview

Paper Pattern

CSAT Exam
Preliminary CSAT exam comprises two papers
- Paper I : General Studies : 200 Marks
- Paper II : Aptitude : 200 Marks

Main Exam
- Paper A : Indian Language : 300 Marks
- Paper B : English Language : 300 Marks
- Paper I : Esaay : 250 Marks
- Paper II : General Studies I : 250 Marks
- Paper III : General Studies II : 250 Marks
- Paper IV : General Studies III : 250 Marks
- Paper V : General Studies IV : 250 Marks
- Paper VI : Optional Subject I : 250 Marks
- Paper VII : Optional Subject II : 250 Marks

Interview : 250 Marks
13th September 2015, 10:49 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

CSAT is the Civil Services Aptitude Test. It is the second paper of Preliminary exam of Civil Services. First paper is General Studies paper. CSAT is now only qualifying.

Eligibility criteria for Civil Services:

1. Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

2. Age limit from 2015:

General candidate: 21-32 years.

OBC candidates: 21-35 years.

SC/ST candidate: 21-37 years.

So, you can only apply if you belong to OBC or SC/ST category.
14th September 2015, 09:35 PM
Rashmuu

Csat is civil service aptitude test. Basically it is the preliminary stage of the civil service examination.

The students who wish to appear in this exam, their agr must be lie in between 21 year to 30 years as the general category. For the SC/ST is from 21 year to 35 years and for the Obc category It is from 21 years to 33 years .
14th September 2015, 11:58 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Hello friend,

You may or may not be able to appear for CSAT 2016 Exam.

Because according to guidelines of UPSC Exam,
Only the candidates that have age between 21-30 years are eligible to appear for CSAT Exam.
  • 3 years relaxation is given to OBC Candidates.
  • While 5 years relaxation is given to SC/ST Candidates.

Your age appears to be 32 years. As you haven't mentioned your caste, so you may or may not be eligible for CSAT Exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?