25th September 2015, 11:17 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do Ph.D if I have scored only 52% aggregate in MA?

Am I eligible to do Ph.D if I have scored only 52% aggregate in MA? If am not eligible then what should I do to be eligible? Can you please guide me with the complete information on the same? It will be really good if you can answer me on the same.

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible for job walkins having less than 60% in Engineering?
  2. Am I eligible for taking admission in VTU? I've scored 49.66% in PCM and total aggregate of 56% marks
  3. How can I join in BSc Agriculture after completing 12th with 74%?
  4. Am I eligible for the position of PO in SBI and other public sector banks having scored 51% in 12th class and an aggregate of 60% in Graduation being a candidate from Open category?
  5. Am I eligible to do PhD in Economics if completed M.Com with 60% marks?
  6. Am I eligible for campus placements if I have 54.6% aggregate in B.Tech ECE 5th semester?
  7. Am I eligible to attend the campus recruitment after scoring 67% aggregate in B.E?
  8. Am I eligible for MNC companies after scoring 60% in B.E? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. Am I eligible to give CPT exam after passing B.Com H with 45% aggregate?
  10. Am I eligible for PhD entrance exams having 50% in post graduation?
  11. How much percentage is required in B.Ed for M.Ed?
  12. How can I get full Ph.D scholarship in applied chemistry to do in US?
  13. Can i take admission in Ph.D course in IGNOU after passing M.A with 47% marks
  14. Am I eligible to study PhD in HR in Institute of Management Technology, Ghaziabad if secured 5.9 CGPA in MBA of ICFAI University?
  15. After M.Tech from an ordinary college can we do PhD? Which exams to write and how to take admission?
  16. Am I eligible to study PhD in Mathematics after B.E.(CSE)? List of institutes which offer PhD in Mathematics?
  17. Am I eligible for PhD from IIT Delhi after MCA? Is MCA equivalent to PhD?
  18. Am I eligible to do PhD after completion of MBA being in CA articleship?
26th September 2015, 01:34 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do Ph.D if I have scored only 52% aggregate in MA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Am I eligible to do Ph.D if I have scored only 52% aggregate in MA? If am not eligible then what should I do to be eligible? Can you please guide me with the complete information on the same? It will be really good if you can answer me on the same.
You have completed M.A degree with above 52% marks so you are not eligible for Ph.D course. If you are from SC/ ST category then you are eligible for Ph.D course otherwise not.

Eligibility criteria for Ph.D course:-

If you have completed masters degree with above 55% marks from a recognized university then you are eligible for Ph.D course.

There is no age criteria.
26th September 2015, 03:41 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

You can get admission in those universities who have set the minimum qualifying marks as less than 55%.

The qualification required to apply for the Ph.D course is Master's degree from a recognized university with minimum 55% in most of the universities.

Admission to the Ph.D course is done through entrance exams in some universities and in some other universities without the entrance exam.
26th September 2015, 08:55 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

For general category candidate there is 55% marks requirement for PH.D admission. If you belong to general category then you are not eligible for it. You should be reserved category candidate to become eligible for PH.D admission with 52% marks.

Admission will be based on the performance in the written exam and interview. If you have scores in NET/SET/JRF then you have good chance of getting admission in a reputed college.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?