8th October 2015, 07:52 PM
Unregistered

Can i attempt Civil Services with three years central government experience?

I am 3 years regular central government employee. My d.o.b is 06/12/1980. Can i attempt civil services UPSC exam?

8th October 2015, 10:52 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can i attempt Civil Services with three years central government experience?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am 3 years regular central government employee. My d.o.b is 06/12/1980. Can i attempt civil services UPSC exam?
As per age criteria, you are not eligible for Civil Service exam.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for Civil Service exam.

Age Criteria:

For General: 21 to 30 years
For OBC: 21 to 33 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 35 years

No. of Attempts:

For General: 3
For OBC: 7
For SC/ST: No Restriction

Selection process for Civil Service exam:

1)Preliminary test
2)Mains exam
3)Personal interview
8th October 2015, 11:49 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can i attempt Civil Services with three years central government experience?

The age limit for the Civil Services examination effective from the year 2015 is as below:

>>General candidate: 21-32 years.

>>OBC candidates: 21-35 years.

>>SC/ST candidates: 21-37 years.

You can apply for the exam with three years central government experience but you must also satisfy the age limit criteria for this exam. As your date of birth is 06/12/1980, you will be 36 years in 2016, so if you belong to SC/ST category then only you can apply for the exam.

The notification for the Civil Services exam 2016 will be released on 23/04/2016.
9th October 2015, 12:28 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Sorry, you are not eligible to appear for civil services examination conducted by the UPSC.

SInce the eligibility to appear for the examination is :-
* Candidates must have passed the graduation from the recognised university.
* Candidates age must be between the 21-32 years and relaxation in the age for the reserved category of 3years for the OBC and 5 years for the SC/ST.

So if you belong to the SC/ST category you are eligible to appear for the examination in the 2016. The examination is conducted in the three stages and it is necessary to qualify in each stages for the final selection.

For more information about the examination visit at the www.upsc.gov.in.
20th October 2020, 10:30 AM
Unregistered

Can a gov employee doing his profession prepare for IAS exam ....already gov employee can write ias exam?????
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?