8th December 2015, 07:49 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility for collector exam being a 27 years with 5 years gap?

I'm 27 years old I have completed my graduation with 72.63%. But before 12th I have 5 years gap 12th-graduation. So please tell me should I appear or not.

9th December 2015, 08:37 AM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility for collector exam being a 27 years with 5 years gap?

To become collector candidate have to pass Civil Service Exam. Yes, you are eligible to appear in Civil Service Exam. There is no problem if you have 5 years gap during your studies.

Eligibility to appear in Civil Service Exam :
  • Candidate must have passed graduation in any stream from any recognised university.
  • There is no minimum percentage criteria.
  • Candidate must be citizen of India.
  • Age of candidates must be from 21 to 30 years. Relaxation is also there as per government norms. Relaxation os 3 years is provided to OBC candidates, 5 years is provided to SC/ST candidates and 10 years is provided to PH and Ex-servicemen candidates.
9th December 2015, 09:49 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'm 27 years old I have completed my graduation with 72.63%. But before 12th I have 5 years gap 12th-graduation. So please tell me should I appear or not.
Well, there is no issue with Gap between your studies. It is possible for you to become a Collector office after completing Graduation. To become a Collector you need to qualify in the Civil Service Examination conducted by the Union Public Service Commission. The Important notification regarding Civil Service will be updated in the official website and also published on the Employment as well. The Civil Service exam selection process is divided into Civil Service Aptitude Test, Main Examination and Interview. Please read the Civil Service Exam eligibility criteria below:

Eligibility Criteria:

- Candidates should have any Bachelor Degree from the University recognized by UGC / AICTE. Final year degree course students can also apply.

- Age of the applicants for the Civil Service exam should be between 21 to 30 years and applicants who belong to SC / ST Category will be relaxed in age upto 5 years and 3 years for OBC Candidates.

Official website - www.upsc.gov.in
9th December 2015, 12:48 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Yes, you are eligible to appear for Civil Services examination. Civil Services examination is conducted by UPSC every year.

The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed graduation from a recognised university.
Candidate's age must be between 21-32 years for open category and relaxation for reserved category.

So, you are eligible to appear for examination but you need to qualify in all three stages of examination for final selection in services. The notifications for 2016 examination is released and application form for examination will be available from April. For any other details about examination visit at http://www.upsc.gov.in.
9th December 2015, 12:54 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

For collector exam you need Graduation qualification in any stream from a recognized University. You have to apply for UPSC Civil Services exam which will allow you make your way to the collector post after getting experience. You won't become collector straight away.

Your gap will not create problem in appearing for exam if you have got the degree qualification from a recognized university. Selection will be based on the performance in the written exam and interview.
9th December 2015, 01:46 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

The eligibility to study IAS is any graduation from recognised university.

The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) is conducting examinations for the IAS.

The age limit is 32 years for OC, 35 years for OBC and 37 years for SC/ST candidates.

There are 3 stages; they are Preliminary Examination, Main Examination and Interview.

So you are eligible for IAS preliminary examinations.

You can find many free coaching colleges for the IAS in many cities and towns.

You can also check with them and get details about the preparation for the examinations.
9th December 2015, 05:24 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

There is no issue with that, you can apply for Civil Services exam for becoming collector after bachelor's degree.

Eligibility for Civil Services examination is as below:

1. Graduation in any discipline from a recognized university.

2. Age limit is 21-32 years. Upper age relaxation applicable to candidates of reserved category, three years to OBC and five years to SC/ST.

Official website: http://www.upsc.gov.in
9th December 2015, 07:01 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

To become a collector you have to qualify in Civil Services examination. Civil Services examination is among the toughest examination of India.

The eligibility to appear for Civil Services examination is any candidate who have passed graduation degree from a recognised university in any discipline are eligible. The candidate's age must be between 21-32 years and relaxation in age for OBC and SC/ST candidates.

So, you can appear for examination in 2016. The examination is conducted in three stages. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
9th December 2015, 08:44 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Gap year is not a problem to appear in Civil Services examination which is conducted by UPSC every year.

So, you are eligible to appear for examination and after qualifying in all the three stages of examination you will be eligible to become collector. The eligibility to appear for Civil Services examination is :-
* Candidate must have passed graduation from a recognised university.
* Candidate's age must be between 21-32 years.

There is no limitation on discipline and aggregate in graduation to appear for examination. So you need to start preparation to appear for examination. The details for examination is available at www.upsc.gov.in.
9th December 2015, 11:39 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Since, Graduation is the minimum educational qualification in order to become a Collector. The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts examination for the Collector. You can become a Collector by qualifying the Civil Service Examination conducted by the UPSC. You are age should be not less than 21 years and not more than 30 years to be eligible for Civil Service Examination. Those who belong from SC/ST or OBC category can get Upper age relaxation.

UPSC Offcial website - www.upsc.gov.in
9th December 2015, 11:53 PM
Bestanswerer
Banned

Quote:
You are required to appear in the Civil Service Examination which conducts Indian Administrative Service (IAS) under UPSC Union Public Service Commission every year. Please go through the below eligibility criteria:

Eligibility Criteria:

- You must complete Graduation or equivalent qualification on any discipline from a recognized university.
- You are age should be in between 21 years to 30 years and Upper age relaxation will be given to reserved category candidates as below:

- OBC candidate 33 years.
- SC/ST candidates 35 years.

Official website - www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?