29th February 2016, 12:23 AM
Unregistered

Should I opt PCM in 11th to become Software Engineer?

Respected Sir/Mam,
I want to take PCM In class 11th. I have scored 8.6 CGPA in class 10th. Can I opt for Non-Medical stream? I want to become a Software Engineer. Kindly tell me about this as soon as possible.

29th February 2016, 08:27 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I opt PCM in 11th to become Software Engineer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir/Mam,
I want to take PCM In class 11th. I have scored 8.6 CGPA in class 10th. Can I opt for Non-Medical stream? I want to become a Software Engineer. Kindly tell me about this as soon as possible.

Yes, you should choose Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in 11th to become software engineer. After 12th standard you can join B.E or B.Tech in Computer Science or IT to become a software engineer. You should concentrate on your studies in 12th standard to get more marks, so that you can get a seat in reputed colleges. After the course you can get a job as software engineer. There are campus interviews and non campus to join as software engineer in software companies.
29th February 2016, 08:45 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you have to opt non- medical stream to get admission in engineering course.

The eligibility to get admission in course is :-

Candidate must have passed 10+2 from recognised board.

Candidate must have PCM as main paper in 10+2.

You need to appear and qualify in entrance examination to get admission in course.
29th February 2016, 09:17 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you need to opt for PCM stream in 11th standard to become a Software Engineer. Candidates who have completed 11th and 12th standard with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry subjects from a recognised board are eligible to pursue Engineering course. To get admission in Engineering course, you must have to appear in Engineering entrance examinations like JEE Main, JEE Advanced, EAMCET, KCET, etc., which is conducted by your respective state entrance examinations board. By qualifying the entrance examination, based on your examination rank, you will be called for counselling process and you need to opt for CSE/IT stream to become a Software Engineer.
29th February 2016, 11:35 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you should definitely opt for PCM in your 11th class if you wish to become a software engineer. You should however try to score well in your boards and score well in your Joint entrance in order to get yourself in to a good college.
29th February 2016, 11:37 PM
Ashfaquerockz
Senior Member+

Yes, you can very much opt or Non-Medical stream if you wish to become a software engineer in future.

You will just have to score well in your entrance examination in order to get into a good college/University.
29th February 2016, 11:46 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you you should very much opt for PCM at your 11th class in order to pursue B.Tech course in Software Engineering. You should not opt for medical field.

You should however try to score well in your entrance examination in order to get admission in any good Institute.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?