10th April 2016, 09:08 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to join LLB course right after completion of 12th standard?

Am I eligible to join LLB course right after completion of 12th standard? Can you please provide me the complete information on the same? Let me know the minimum criteria which is required for the course. Awaiting to get the answer soon.

10th April 2016, 10:10 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join LLB course right after completion of 12th standard?

Yes, why not, you can pursue Bachelor's degree in law after completion of 10+2 from a recognized board. The entrance examination conducted for admission in LLB course after 10+2 is Common Law Admission Test. It is conducted by National Law University.

The eligibility criteria for CLAT exam is:

>>You must have passed or appearing for 10+2 board exams. Minimum percentage of marks required to appear for CLAT exam is 45%. There is 5% relaxation in marks given to OBC and SC/ST candidates.

>>From 2016, there is no upper age limit for exam.

For any more details, you can visit the official website of CLAT, that is http://www.clat.ac.in.
10th April 2016, 10:38 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join LLB course right after completion of 12th standard?

The candidate who is interested to pursue 5 year degree LLB course after completion of class 12th must have to qualify the entrance exam known as the Common Law Admission Test that is conducted every year. You should not exceed 20 years and relaxation of 2 years is given to SC and ST students.
10th April 2016, 10:46 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Yes, candidates are eligible to get admission in LLB course after 10+2. The duration of course will be of five years.

So, now you can appear for CLAT and other examination to get admission in CLAT. CLAT examination is conducted to get admission in National Law university of India.

The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed 10+2 with any recognised board with minimum 45% aggregate. To get more information about examination visit at www.clat.ac.in.
10th April 2016, 11:09 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to join LLB course right after completion of your 12th standard.

To be eligible to join LLB course, the candidate must have completed 12th standard with minimum aggregate of 50% (45% for SC/ST) marks from a recognized board. The age limit required to appear in LLB examination is 17-20 years.

To get admission in LLB course, you must have to appear and qualify CLAT examination.
11th April 2016, 12:03 AM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

No right after 12th you are not eligible for LLB course.
The minimum criteria for pursuing LLB is you need to complete graduation from any of the recognized university.
Candidate must have at least 55% marks for pursuing LLB.
11th April 2016, 12:11 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Am I eligible to join LLB course right after completion of 12th standard? Can you please provide me the complete information on the same? Let me know the minimum criteria which is required for the course. Awaiting to get the answer soon.
After completion of 12th standard, you can do LLB course through CLAT exam.

Those who have completed 12th standard with above 50% marks from a recognized board are eligible for LLB course.

There are no age criteria.
11th April 2016, 01:06 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

The full form of LLB is Bachelor of Law.

Candidates after 10+2 can apply for Common Law Admission test. You must meet following criteria to apply for CLAT exam:

*10+2 passed or appearing candidates can apply for CLAT examination.

* Minimum percentage of marks required to apply for examination is 45%.

*There is no upper age limit to apply for CLAT exam.
11th April 2016, 02:48 AM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

Yes. You are eligible to apply for LLB after completion of your (10+2). For Law admission , CLAT is the entrance exam to be qualified.

LLB Eligibility
- You must have passed (10+2) from a recognized board.
- You must have appeared the entrance exam CLAT.
- No upper age limit.

CLAT Exam Pattern
- General Knowledge : 40 Marks
- Maths : 50 Marks
- Legal Aptitude : 50 Marks
- Logical Reasoning : 40 Marks

CLAT Important Dates
- You can Apply Online From : 01/01/2016
- Last Date to Apply : 31/03/2016
- CLAT Exam : 08/05/2016
11th April 2016, 11:44 AM
secret29
Senior Member+

No, You can go for LLB course after 12th Std because the minimum educational criteria to apply for LLB entrance exam is to have Graduate degree in any streams.

If you Graduate then you can take admission in LLB course with the help of some national level LLB entrance exams like :

1- Common Law Admission Test,
2- Law School Admission Test,
3- National Law School Of India University Test,

Best colleges for LLB course are :

1- Faculty of Law of University, Delhi
2- The University Law College, Maharashtra
3- Amity Law School, Noida
4- Bangalore Institute of Legal Studies, Bangalore
5- Bharati Vidyapeeth University, Pune
6- Indian Law Society
7- Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law
8- New Law Academy
9- Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law
10- Delhi Faculty of Law
11th April 2016, 11:54 AM
18Angel
Senior Member+

Yes you are eligible for LLB course but you have to clear the CLAT examination .

Syllabus for CLAT examination:-

Reasoning

Numerical Ability

General Knowledge

English

Legal Aptitude

Age Criteria:- Maximum age limit is 20 years for general , OBC candidates & 22 years for SC candidates.

Duration of LLB Course:- After 12th standard is 5 years & after graduation is 3 years.
11th April 2016, 08:58 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can go for LLB course right after completion of 12th standard.

LLB stands for Bachelor of Law.

One can get admission to five year’s integrated LLB course through CLAT(Common Law Admission Test) after passing 12th. One needs to clear CLAT with good marks to get admission in good law colleges.

The eligibility criteria for LLB course after 10+2 are following:-

-The candidate must have passed 10+2 exam in any stream with a minimum of 50%(45% for SC/ST/PWD) marks from a recognized board.

-The candidate age should not be more than 20 years for open category and 22 years for SC/ST candidates.

-The syllabus for the entrance exam includes legal aptitude, logical reasoning, English comprehension, General knowledge/ current affairs and elementary mathematics.

-The exam will consist of 200 multiple choice answer type questions and time allowed to answer the questions is two hour.
11th April 2016, 09:45 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, after passing 12th with at least 45% you are eligible for CLAT Exam.

5% relaxation of marks is provided to SC/ST Candidates.

Age of the Candidate must be below 20 years on 1st July 2016.

2 years relaxation in age is provided to SC/ST Candidates.

Pattern for LLB course through CLAT Exam:-

Total Marks for CLAT:200 marks, Total Questions:200
  1. English including Comprehension (40 Marks)
  2. General Knowledge/Current affairs (50 Marks)
  3. Elementary Mathematics (20 Marks)
  4. Legal Awareness (45 Marks)
  5. Reasoning (45 Marks)

Important Dates for CLAT 2016 Exam:
  • Forms will be available from - 1st January to 31st March 2016
  • Last date for Online submission of application form – 31st March 2016
  • Date of commencement of CLAT 2016 Exam – 8th May 2016

Some of the descent books for CLAT Exam preparation are:

Solutions to CLAT & AILET: Legal Aptitude & General Knowledge Exam Questions (2008 - 2012) (Paperback)
Author: Gautam Puri
Publisher: G.K. Publications (2016)
Price: Rs. 244

Topic Wise Solutions to CLAT & AILET: English, Reasoning & Verbal Ability Exam Questions (2008 - 2012) (Paperback)
Author: Gautam Puri
Publisher: G.K. Publications (2016)
Price: Rs. 260

Model Test Papers for CLAT and LLB 1st Edition (Paperback)
Authored By: A. P. Bhardwaj
Publisher: Tata McGraw - Hill Education (2016)
Price: Rs. 259

CLAT: Common Law Admission Test 1st Edition (Paperback)
Author: Lal, Misra
Publisher: Upkar Prakasan (2016)
Price: Rs. 227
11th April 2016, 09:58 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

No right after 12th you are not eligible for LLB course.
The minimum criteria for pursuing LLB is you need to complete graduation from any of the recognized university.
Candidate must have at least 55% marks for pursuing LLB.
11th April 2016, 10:27 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

LLB means Bachelor of Law. The best way to join this course is to apply for Common Law Admission Test.

CLAT is conducted at national level for all those candidates who want to join LLB course. Eligibility criteria for CLAT exam:

1. You must have pass 10+2 from any recognized board.

2. Only 45% marks in 10+2 is required to apply for this exam.
12th April 2016, 07:13 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

If you want to pursue bachelor's degree in law from top law universities of India, you must apply for Common Law Admission Test. CLAT is conducted by National Law University for Bachelor's degree in law.

For this exam, minimum of 10+2 is required from a recognized university. You must score at least 45% marks in 10+2.

The official website of CLAT is http://www.clat.ac.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?