7th June 2016, 05:58 PM
Unregistered

Why companies in Eastern India pay less salary as compared to rest of the part of India?

Hi, my friends are working in Delhi and Bangalore and they are getting more than me for the same designation assigned to them. I am working in Kolkata and getting less amount of salary. I don’t know why the companies in Eastern India pay less to their employees in compare to rest part of India?

Related Questions:
  1. Core companies offering Internship to Mechanical graduate in Eastern India?
  2. Which university in Eastern India offers distance Diploma in Food Technology?
  3. Jobs for Microbiologists in Foreign companies in India? How to get a good salary? Which companies provide good salary?
  4. Companies offering Internship during summer vacations for Metallurgy student in Eastern India?
  5. What are the jobs related to Robotics in Electrical and Electronics Engineering?
  6. Scope and salary package in the field of agriculture engineering in India? Is it true that it has less scope as compared to other branches?
  7. Any good scope in electronics and communication engineering in India? Names of the companies hiring the students? What is the salary offered?
  8. Is it beneficial to do B.Tech from USA? Will it help me in getting a job with good salary in India?
  9. Options through which I can apply to companies in New Zealand from India for part time job to fund education?
  10. Universities in Eastern India for PhD in Astrology?
  11. What is the starting salary of an Automobile Engineer in India? Do the MNC companies provide good placements?
  12. Where to do masters in Bio medical engineering in Gujarat or rest of India? What is the scope and salary?
  13. What are the job options available for me if I have done MBA in International Business? Can I choose HR field to get a job?
  14. How Grade Pay system works in India?
  15. Date of sale of LEET forms?
  16. What is the difference between nationalized and private sector bank? Which job would be better?
  17. Scope of Embedded system engineers in India and their average salaries or pay packages -- [Most Discussed]
  18. What is the scope after diploma in electronics and communication
8th June 2016, 01:07 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Why companies in Eastern India pay less salary as compared to rest of the part of India?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, my friends are working in Delhi and Bangalore and they are getting more than me for the same designation assigned to them. I am working in Kolkata and getting less amount of salary. I don’t know why the companies in Eastern India pay less to their employees in compare to rest part of India?

There are many factors deciding the salary like demand, cost of living etc. If there are more companies offering the job for limited candidates then the salary will increase. In Kolkata or eastern parts of India there are more candidates than the job availability, so the companies offer less salary compared to other parts of India. The cost of living in eastern India is less compared to Bangalore or Mumbai. So you can live with less salary than in other parts of India. So the salary is less in Kolkata than in other parts of India. These are all some of the reasons why the companies pay less in Eastern India.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?