24th July 2016, 02:17 PM
rushikesh jagdane

Can I join NDA after completing class 10? What is the minimum percentage required for giving the entrance exam?

Hello Sir, Can I join NDA after completing my class 10th? I want to apply for Indian navy. I want to know that what is the minimum required percentage for giving the entrance exam?

26th July 2016, 12:50 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join NDA after completing class 10? What is the minimum percentage required for giving the entrance exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushikesh jagdane View Post
Hello Sir, Can I join NDA after completing my class 10th? I want to apply for Indian navy. I want to know that what is the minimum required percentage for giving the entrance exam?
No, 10th standard candidates are not eligible for NDA exam.

If you have completed 12th standard with Physics and Mathematics from a recognized board, then you are eligible Indian Navy through NDA exam.

NDA exam doesn't require any percentage marks in 1oth or 12th standard.

Your age should be in between 16.5 to 19.5.
26th July 2016, 01:14 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join NDA after completing class 10? What is the minimum percentage required for giving the entrance exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushikesh jagdane View Post
No you cannot give NDA after passing 10th board exam. You need to be a minimum 10+2 pass out to be able to sit for the exam.

Union Public Service Commission conducts the examination of the National Defence Academy after which the selected candidates are sent to the academy to get intensive training.

First of all you will get preliminary training in the NDA academy for three years after which you will be awarded with B.A./B.Sc degree from JNU and then you will be sent to the respective academies you chose earlier.

The educational qualification required varies from one academy to the other. To enter the army wing you just need to be a 12th pass out from a recognized institution. For the air force and naval academy though it is important to pass with physics and mathematics at 10+2 level.

Age Criteria: 16.5-19 years.

NDA Exam Pattern:-
  • Mathematics- 2 ½ Hours- 300 marks
  • General Ability Test- 2 ½ Hours- 600 marks
Top NDA Coaching Centres in India:-
  • Tara institute Pvt. limited
  • Edge Academy
  • Shri Nath Auto Agency
  • Abhinav Coaching Centre
  • Cavalier India
  • Major Kalshi Classes Pvt. Ltd.
  • Krishna Coaching Institute
26th July 2016, 09:08 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

NDA stands for National Defense Academy and to join NDA you will have to qualify NDA entrance examination which is held by UPSC twice every year in two stages which includes Written examination and SSB ( Service Selection Board ) interview respectively.

--> The minimum qualification required for appearing in the same examination are as here under :-

* You must be an unmarried Indian male candidate.

* Your age must be within 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

* You must have completed your higher secondary school degree with any stream from a recognized board. But for joining Indian Navy and Indian Air force your academics must comprise of Mathematics and Physics as main subjects.

* You must have physical and mental fitness as per the service requirement.

So being a Class 12th passed candidate ti join NDA you will have to first complete your Class 12th with PCM stream then qualify NDA entrance examination.

For further details about the same examination you can visit the link www.upsc.gov.in.
26th July 2016, 09:45 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

NDA stands for National Defence Academy. The NDA/NA examination is conducted by UPSC twice every year for selection of candidates into different wings of Defence.

The minimum qualification required for this exam is 10+2 passed or appearing from any recognized board of India. For Indian Air Force and Navy, mathematics and physics is necessary in 10+2. The age limit for NDA/NA examination is 16.5-19.5 years. You must be unmarried male Indian citizen to apply for NDA exam.

You must do 12th to apply for this examination.
27th July 2016, 12:08 AM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

NDA stands for National Defence Academy and the entrance examination is conducted for recruitment of candidates in defence services.

The examination is conducted in two stages as written and SSB. No, you are not eligible to appear for NDA examination after 10th.

The minimum required qualification to appear for NDA examination is that candidate must have passed 10+2 or appearing for board examination. The age limit is 16.5-19.5 years. There is no minimum required percentage to appear for entrance examination.

So, you have to wait till 10+2 to appear for examination. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?