16th November 2016, 05:07 PM
Unregistered

Can I join NDA directly without giving the entrance if I have scored 85% marks in class 12th?

Respected Sir, I have completed class 12th and now I want to join NDA. I want to know can I join NDA directly without giving the entrance if I have scored 85% marks in class 12th? If yes then please tell me the procedure.

18th November 2016, 11:19 AM
pruthvi12dba

Default Re: Can I join NDA directly without giving the entrance if I have scored 85% marks in class 12th?

No it is not possible you must attend the entrance exam conducted by NDA.

* Without entrance exam they wont allow you even you scored highest marks in your 12th class.

* There will be two exams will be conducted 1. Written test and 2. SSB Interview.

* Written test - - Maths and General English subject questions.
* SSB Interview - - Intelligence Test & Personality Test
18th November 2016, 01:55 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join NDA directly without giving the entrance if I have scored 85% marks in class 12th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir, I have completed class 12th and now I want to join NDA. I want to know can I join NDA directly without giving the entrance if I have scored 85% marks in class 12th? If yes then please tell me the procedure.

Sorry, it is not possible to join NDA directly without giving the NDA examinations conducted by UPSC. The candidates who have cleared the 12th class examinations are eligible for Army and 12th with Physics and Mathematics for Air Force and Navy. The candidates must be unmarried; the age limit should be 16.5 years to 19.5 years for applying NDA. You should be physically fit for applying the NDA. You have to apply online for the selection. The notifications will be released by UPSC; the UPSC website link is Click Here
18th November 2016, 09:02 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

You can not join National Defence Academy without giving written test and Service Selection. It does not matter how much percentage of marks, you can score in board exam of 12th, you will have to appear for written test and SSB.

Eligibility criteria for NDA exam:

1. You must have passed or appearing for board exam of 12th from a recognized board.

2. Age limit 16.5-19.5 years.

3. Unmarried male candidates can only apply for exam.

With 85% marks, you can apply for Technical entry scheme of Indian Army, where you will not have to give written test, if cut off percentage is less than your percentage of marks, you will be called for direct SSB.
18th November 2016, 09:03 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

NDA stands for National Defense Academy and to join the same for becoming a defense officer one has to qualify NDA entrance examination.

* NDA entrance examinations are held twice every year by UPSC in two stages which includes Written EXamination and SSB ( Service Selected Board ) Interview respectively.

Now as you are concerned about joining NDA without appearing in NDA entrance examination having secured 85% marks in the Class 12th then I would like to let you know that on the basis of board examination aggregate i.e; through TES one is allowed to skip the written examination of NDA entrance examination but he has to qualify SSB interview to join NDA.

* TES stands for Technical Entry Scheme and to be eligible for the same one needs to have completed his Class 12th with PCM group with at least 70% aggregate from a recognized university.

Also having managed 85% marks it is not sure that you will be called for SSB Interview as the cutoff for each TES varies with number of application, number of seats and various other factors.

For further details regarding NDA entrance examination you can log on to the link www.upsc.gov.in and for TES you can visit the website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?