6th June 2011, 01:00 PM
Unregistered

At the age of 18 can I apply for NDA for Officers Rank?

my age is 18 and i do belong from general then can i apply in nda for officer rank ?

28th August 2011, 05:59 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: At the age of 18 can I apply for NDA for Officers Rank?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
my age is 18 and i do belong from general then can i apply in nda for officer rank ?
I think you are Interested to apply for NDA Examination, And If your are 18 years Old then you are eligible to apply for NDA Examination.

NDA Stands for National Defense Academy and this examination was Conducted by UPSC Every year and to apply for this examination you need to complete your 12Th examination from a recognised Board.

>> Candidates may apply for any one of the Wings - Army wings, Air force wings and Naval wings.

For Army wings - you need to complete your 12Th examination in any discipline form a recognised board.

For Naval and Air force wings - You need to complete your 12Th examination with Physics and Maths as a compulsory subjects.

So, If your age should between 16.5 to 19 years, then you are eligible for NDA Examination, The UPSC Conducts the NDA Examination Twice in a year, NDA (I) and NDA (II).

For this year Both the NDA Examination was Completed and If you are Interested then please apply for this examination Next year, the Notification was Going to be Published soon in the employment Newspaper or in the UPSC Official website.

The Notification of NDA (I) 2012 Examination was Going to be Announced soon in this year i.e on 31/12/2011 and after declaration of the Notification, candidates may apply for this examination Online, You can also Obtained the application form Directly from the designated Post offices in India.

So, Please wait for few Months and then you can apply for the NDA (I) Examination 2012 and If you need More Information about NDA Examination, then please visit the UPSC Official website -

http://upsc.gov.in
28th August 2011, 06:08 PM
BEST CAREER
Member+

Yes you are eligible for appearing in NDA Exam :
NDA Exam is conducted by upsc twice in a year .
The eligibility for the NDA exam is that one should have passed the 10+2 exam from a recognised board ,it is for army wing only
But for airforce and navy you have to pass the 10+2 exam with a combination of PCM

AGE CRITERIA -
is from 16.5 to 21yrs for the general category
Also there is relaxation for OBC of 3yrs and also for SC/ST

you can refer official site for more info
28th August 2011, 06:14 PM
NEIL6

NATIONAL DEFENCE ACADEMY
NDA exam held twice in a year. This year you cant apply for the NDA exam but you can

apply for NDA the next year. As you are 18 year old,so you can apply for NDA and if you

pass the written examination,you will be called for 5 days interviews. After completing

your interview, you will get trained by the army personnel and after that you will become

the Lieutenant officer. You can also apply for air force or navy through NDA.So best of

luck for your future!

For more information regarding NDA notification,exam date,eligibility you can visit:-

www.upsc.gov in
28th August 2011, 06:22 PM
nambardar
Senior Member+

NDA is conducted twice in a year. and these are NDAI AND NDA II. if you are intersted in applying then you surely apply for this exam.
for nda exam
*age criteria is 16 to 19.5 years
*only unmarried male candidates are eligible.
in 12th PCM Subjects are required.
28th August 2011, 07:41 PM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

As your age 18 years,there for you can appear for NDA exam,if you have completed 12th class with PCM stream.

NDA exam is conducted by upsc twice in year,this NDA-I exam will held in April every year and NDA-II exam will held in Aug month in that year.

NDA-I notification for this year:
Issue of application form from 31st Dec 2011 to 30th Jan 2012.
Exam will take place on 15th April 2012

NDA-II notification for this year:
Issue of application form from 5th May 2012 to 6th June 2012.
Exam will take place on 19th Aug 2012.

For more details,then click here
28th August 2011, 07:47 PM
Mannu2525

Arrow Re: At the age of 18 can I apply for NDA for Officers Rank?

Dear,
Yes you can apply for NDA at the age of 18 because you fall under the age limit criteria of UPSC for NDA examination. Age limit criteria for NDA exam is given below. Check it out

>> Age Limit - 16.5 year to 19 year
>> Age relaxation is given to the SC/ST and OBC Candidates.

Lat date of sending of filled application form for NDA I 2012 is 30-04-2012.
Exam will be in month of June.

GOOD LUCK
28th August 2011, 10:06 PM
rana2011
Banned

At 18 years Old then you are eligible to apply for NDA Examination.

NDA Stands for National Defense Academy and this examination was Conducted by UPSC Every year and to apply for this examination you have to complete your 12Th examination from a recognised Board.

You may apply for any one of the Wings - Army wings, Air force wings and Naval wings.

**For Army wings - you need to complete your 12Th examination in any discipline form a recognised board.

**For Naval and Air force wings - You need to complete your 12Th examination with Physics and Maths as a compulsory subjects.

So, If your age should between 16.5 to 19 years, then you are eligible for NDA Examination.

For More Information about NDA Examination, then please visit the UPSC Official website - http://upsc.gov.in

Thanks!!

Source: http://entrance-exam.net/forum/general-discussion/age-18-can-i-apply-nda-officers-rank-207462.html#ixzz1WL1jWcvY
29th August 2011, 01:07 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,

If you want to go for NDA exam then the eligibility criteria is given below. But you want to be a officer of NDA division so you have to achieve of degree and experience.

1)Your age has already reached 20 years and the eligibility criteria says that you need to be between 16.5 - 19 years.

2) The minimum educational qualification required for the Indian Army is 10+2 pass candidates with physics , chemistry , maths with a minimum of 55-60 % marks.

For more details:-

http://www.upsc.gov.in/.

Thanks.
29th August 2011, 01:47 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

yes, you are eligiable to apply for NDA for Officers Rank.

the criteria which is required for NDA exam is given below

1.12th science with PCM combination.

2.minimum 60% marks in 12th.

3.age limit 16-19 years.

all the best..........
31st December 2011, 04:59 PM
Unregistered

i am from nepal but i studied in india?so can i join nda?i am reading at army public school gangtok
31st December 2011, 09:38 PM
balathegreat
Senior Member+

At the age of 18 you are eligible to appear for NDA exam. But NDA exam will not help you to join in Officer's Rank. If you want to join as an Officer's Rank you must appear in another exam conducted by UPSC. Which is named as CDSE and expanded as Combined Defense Service examination. To appear in this exam you must have finished your graduation and your age must be above 19yrs and below 23yrs.

If you are sure you want to appear in NDA the eligiblity required are that your age must be above 16 1/2 yrs and below 19 yrs. And you must have finished your 12th std from a recognized school.
31st December 2011, 11:17 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
Age eligibility for NDA exam:-

1.candidate must have attend 16.5 years of age and must not have complete the age of 18 years..

So, if you have still not complete the 18 years of age then you can apply for NDA exam..

All the best.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?