22nd October 2016, 02:24 PM
Unregistered

Do I have to fill CGPA, if in form GPA is mentioned?

When an university asks for your GPA, but your school calculates your result in CGPA. Do you give them your CGPA or calculate your GPA and submit it to them?

23rd October 2016, 04:59 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Do I have to fill CGPA, if in form GPA is mentioned?

There is ery fine difference between the CGPA and the GPA. More or less they are the same.

You have two options :

* Calculate the GPA and then submit
* Submit it as it is

1. Calculation :
You need to ask for the university how to calculate the GPA out of the CGPA and they will provide you the formula. It may be given on the website itself because you are not alone with this problem. There may be many. You just need to search well.

Also, you can find it at the back of your mark sheet. All mark sheets contain some instruction at the back including this formula as well.

2. Submitting as it is :
Call the university and ask them for the query. If they allow you to submit which they should as there is hardly any difference between the two, then you should submit it as it is.
23rd October 2016, 11:03 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Do I have to fill CGPA, if in form GPA is mentioned?

If the university ask for GPA then you need to submit the GPA score and not CGPA score. The basic purpose of asking GPA score is to track your performance throughout and not the average performance throughout. It gives a better insight into the performance of the students.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?