4th June 2017, 03:54 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for MCA admission, if studied computer applications subject but not math in class 12th?

I am pursuing English honors (3rd year) and my HS qualification carries Computer Application marks as 100. I did not have mathematics but I had computer application in +2. So, can I apply for MCA?

5th June 2017, 12:02 AM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for MCA admission, if studied computer applications subject but not math in class 12th?

No, I am sorry to say that you are not eligible to pursue MCA without studying mathematics in 12th standard. Candidates who have studied mathematics in 12th standard or in any year of bachelor's degree are eligible to pursue MCA.

As you did not study mathematics in 12th standard, so I am sorry to say that you are not eligible to apply for MCA course.
5th June 2017, 12:10 AM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for MCA admission, if studied computer applications subject but not math in class 12th?

No, I am sorry to say that you are not eligible to pursue MCA without studying mathematics in 12th standard. Candidates who have studied mathematics in 12th standard or in any year of bachelor's degree are eligible to pursue MCA.

As you did not study mathematics in 12th standard, so I am sorry to say that you are not eligible to apply for MCA course.
5th June 2017, 04:44 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am pursuing English honors (3rd year) and my HS qualification carries Computer Application marks as 100. I did not have mathematics but I had computer application in +2. So, can I apply for MCA?

Sorry, you are not eligible to study MCA after completion of graduation in English and not studied mathematics in 10+2. Those candidates who have studied mathematics as one of the subjects in 10+2 are eligible to apply for MCA admission, after completion of graduation. Therefore, you are not eligible to study MCA, as you have not studied mathematics in 10+2. You can study other courses like PG Diploma Computer Applications or any other master’s degree in English or Journalism etc.
5th June 2017, 08:16 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to apply for MCA admission, if you have studied Computer Applications subject but not Mathematics in class 12th. Candidates who have passed BCA or any other Bachelor's degree course related to Computer Applications and those who have passed Mathematics subject in 12th standard are eligible to get admission for pursuing MCA course. Since, you are pursuing English Honours course and have not studied Mathematics subject in your 12th standard, you are not eligible to pursue MCA course.
5th June 2017, 09:19 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Your 12th standard subject is Computer Application so you are eligible for MCA course.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree with Computer Science or Computer Application or Mathematics or Statistics from a recognized University are eligible for MCA course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?