31st October 2017, 12:40 PM
Unregistered

Best universities in India for PhD in Archaeology and Ancient History? Is it beneficial to do it from abroad?

Sir, I want to do PhD in Archaeology and Ancient History from India. Please tell me which are the best universities in India for it? Is it beneficial to do it from abroad?

Related Questions:
  1. Procedure to do PhD in South Indian History and Archaeology from Ancient History and Archaeology Department of JNU? Eligibility criteria for it?
  2. Can I study PhD in Archaeology if pursue MA in History?
  3. Is it beneficial to study Archaeology on 12th basis in Abroad?
  4. List of the distance universities offering Ph.D in Archaeology for M.A. in History and Heritage Management degree holder?
  5. Is it beneficial to study Archaeology postgraduate course in Abroad rather than in India?
  6. Kuvempu University, M.A. in history and Archaeology-History of Ancient India upto 1200 AD Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  7. Universities offering PhD in Archaeology at Karnataka?
  8. Can I study PhD in Archaeology after completing M.A. in History? -- [New]
  9. Am I eligible for Archeology after completing 12th and after doing B.Tech? Which courses should I take up? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. How can I become an Archeologist after pursuing B.Tech in EEE?
  11. How can I become an Archaeologist after the completion of my Intermediate? Do I have to write any entrance exam for admission?
  12. Possibility to study PhD in Archaeology for M.A.(History) postgraduate?
  13. IS it necessary to have Maths subject to become an Archaeologist?
  14. Is it beneficial to study PhD(History) for M.A. student? Details of PhD(History)?
  15. List of reputed universities in India offering PhD in History?
  16. Whether an Ancient Indian History postgraduate can study PhD in History?
  17. Kuvempu University, M.A. in History And Archaeology-History of Modern Europe Exam - Download Previous Year's Question Papers
  18. Universities offering PhD in History to M.Sc candidate in Delhi/Noida?
3rd November 2017, 09:33 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Best universities in India for PhD in Archaeology and Ancient History? Is it beneficial to do it from abroad?

List of some of the best Universities in India to do Ph.D in Archaeology and Ancient History:-

Deccan College Post Graduate & Research Institute - Pune
Address: Pune,, Yerawada, Pune, Maharashtra 411006
Phone: 020 2651 3204

A.P.S.University
Address: Sirmour Road, Ananthpur, Rewa, Madhya Pradesh 486003
Phone: 076622 30050

Karnatak University Dharwad
Address: Pavate Nagar, Dharwad, Karnataka 580003
Phone: 0836 244 8600

Shivaji University
Address: Vidyanagar, Kolhapur, Maharashtra 416004
Phone: 0231 260 9063

The Maharaja Sayajirao University
Address: Pratapgunj, Vadodara, Gujarat 390002
Phone: 0265 279 5555

University of Calcutta, Kolkata
Address: Asutosh Building, 2nd Floor, University of Calcutta, (College Street Campus), 87/1 College Street, Kolkata, West Bengal 700073

University of Madras, Chennai
Address: Navalar Nagar, Chepauk, Triplicane, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600005
Phone: 044 2539 9422

It all depends upon your decision whether you want to pursue the said course from India or from abroad. In both the cases, pursuing the said course will be beneficial for you.
3rd November 2017, 11:55 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Best universities in India for PhD in Archaeology and Ancient History? Is it beneficial to do it from abroad?

Below I have listed name of colleges/universities which offer PhD in Archaeology and Ancient History:
>A.P.S.University
Address: Sirmour Road, Ananthpur, Rewa, Madhya Pradesh 486003
Phone: 076622 30050
>Shivaji University
Address: Vidyanagar, Kolhapur, Maharashtra 416004
Phone: 0231 260 9063
>Deccan College Post Graduate & Research Institute - Pune
Address: Pune,, Yerawada, Pune, Maharashtra 411006
Phone: 020 2651 3204
>Karnatak University Dharwad
Address: Pavate Nagar, Dharwad, Karnataka 580003
Phone: 0836 244 8600
>University of Madras, Chennai
Address: Navalar Nagar, Chepauk, Triplicane, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600005
Phone: 044 2539 9422
I don't think it's beneficial to do the aforesaid course from abroad as because India has world class universities which offer the aforementioned course. However if you are willing to pursue PhD in Archaeology and Ancient History course from abroad, then there is no problem in it.
4th November 2017, 12:51 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I want to do PhD in Archaeology and Ancient History from India. Please tell me which are the best universities in India for it? Is it beneficial to do it from abroad?

The best universities in India for PhD in Archaeology and Ancient History are given below;

Banaras Hindu University - Official Website

Panjab University - Official Website

Allahabad University - Official Website

University of Madras - Official Website

Deccan College Post Graduate and Research Institute - Official Website

Yes, it is beneficial to do research program in in Archaeology and Ancient History abroad university. It is very difficult to get admission to the PhD program in abroad universities. Candidates have to clear the GRE and submit research proposal for taking admission to the PhD program.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?