9th November 2016, 07:03 PM
Unregistered

Is it beneficial to study PhD(History) for M.A. student? Details of PhD(History)?

I would like to know about the details of PhD(History) course. I am doing M.A. in History as it is my favourite subject and I have got 81.43% in my B.A. with same stream. So, after my M.A. I want to do PhD in History. Is it beneficial to do PhD in History?

Related Questions:
  1. Details of best BBA colleges in Andhra Pradesh? Is it beneficial to study BBA?
  2. Is it beneficial to study PhD(History) for M.A. student? Details of PhD(History)? -- [Most Discussed] -- [New]
  3. Is it beneficial to study Diploma in Dermatology for a candidate after completion of BHMS? Eligibility to study?
  4. How can I prepare to get admission in B.Tech at MIT being a 11th student? Is it beneficial to do B.Tech in MIT?
  5. Is it beneficial to study M.Sc(Zoology) in Abroad for B.Sc 1st year student?
  6. Is it beneficial to study MBA in Abroad after completing B.Com?
  7. Is it beneficial to study Diploma in Aviation Management for B.A.(Pass) student? Eligibility to study?
  8. Which is beneficial to study among MS and MBA in Abroad for B.E.(ECE) graduate? Which one is easier to study?
  9. Is it beneficial to do M.E.(Agricultural Engineering) for B.E. student?
  10. Is it beneficial to study B.A.(Anthropology) Honours for 12th Arts student?
  11. Is it beneficial to study MBA in IGNOU being an ICWAI Final student? When the result of OPENMAT will be declared?
  12. Detailed information, scope and benefits of studying B.Pharmacy for 12th Science student?
  13. Courses available to study in Canada for Arts student?
  14. Is it beneficial to study MBA in Abroad for B.Com graduate?
  15. Is it beneficial to study Diploma in Optometry? Details of this course?
  16. Is it beneficial to appear in SAT for studying in Abroad? Detailed information about SAT?
  17. Is it beneficial to study MBBS in Singapore for Indian student?
  18. Is it beneficial to study MBBS in Ukraine? Scope of pursuing MBBS there?
10th November 2016, 01:04 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it beneficial to study PhD(History) for M.A. student? Details of PhD(History)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I would like to know about the details of PhD(History) course. I am doing M.A. in History as it is my favourite subject and I have got 81.43% in my B.A. with same stream. So, after my M.A. I want to do PhD in History. Is it beneficial to do PhD in History?

Yes, it is beneficial to study PhD in History for a M.A History student. The PhD in History program is useful for you to pursue your career in teaching field. The course is available in various universities in India. The candidates with Master’s Degree in History with minimum 55% marks or an equivalent grade from a university or a recognized institution of higher learning are eligible to do PhD in History. The admission to the PhD in History will be done through a PhD Entrance Test and Interview. Candidates who have qualified NET/SET/GATE are exempted from the entrance test. At the time of interview, the candidate will be expected to discuss about his area of interest.
10th November 2016, 09:49 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it beneficial to study PhD(History) for M.A. student? Details of PhD(History)?

Yes, definitely it is beneficial for a candidate to study the Ph.D course in History being an M.A candidate.
It will be beneficial for your further career in teaching line.
Candidates those who have completed their Masters degree from a recognised University with a minimum of 55% of marks in it are eligible to opt for the Ph.D course in the same.
You must have to qualify in the UGC-NET examination in order to take admission to pursue the Ph.D course.
4th April 2017, 09:25 PM
Unregistered

After MA can I approach directly for admission in PhD(history) or I have to qualify any other exam?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?