2nd March 2018, 12:19 AM
Unregistered

Can I study PhD in Archaeology if pursue MA in History?

Sir, I am studying B.A. in History. I am a student of 2nd year from Calcutta University. I want to do PhD in Archaeology. I am interested to become an Archaeology. So, if I do MA in History after my B.A. then I can apply for Archaeology PhD program or not?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I study PhD in Archaeology after completing M.A. in History?
  2. Possibility to study PhD in Archaeology for M.A.(History) postgraduate?
  3. Diploma courses related to Archaeology available to study for History postgraduate?
  4. Diploma courses related to Archaeology for MA(History) postgraduate?
  5. How to do Archeology course? I have done 10th class
  6. Procedure to do PhD in South Indian History and Archaeology from Ancient History and Archaeology Department of JNU? Eligibility criteria for it?
  7. List of the distance universities offering Ph.D in Archaeology for M.A. in History and Heritage Management degree holder?
  8. Courses of Paleontology and Archeology in India? I am a student of 12th board exam
  9. Universities offering PhD in Archaeology at Karnataka?
  10. Is Archaeology Diploma course available to study for B.A.(History) final year student?
  11. How can I become an Archeologist after pursuing B.Tech in EEE?
  12. Should I have to pursue M.Phil to study PhD after completing M.A.(History)?
  13. Am I eligible to do PhD in History being a M.A.(Archaeology) candidate?
  14. How can I apply to study PhD(Archaeology and History of Arts) in KOC University - Istanbul Turkey? -- [New]
  15. Am I eligible for Archeology after completing 12th and after doing B.Tech? Which courses should I take up? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. Best universities in India for PhD in Archaeology and Ancient History? Is it beneficial to do it from abroad?
  17. Can I pursue Archaeology after completing B.Pharmacy? Which college in Telangana provide Archaeology course and what are the fee structure?
  18. How can I study Archaeology from Deccan university having completed BA in Economics?
15th March 2018, 06:59 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study PhD in Archaeology if pursue MA in History?

Eligibility Criteria Required to pursue PhD in Archaeology course;

Yes, candidates from History background are certainly eligible to pursue this PhD in Archaeology course. There is a certain educational qualification required to pursue this PhD in Archaeology program.

>> Candidates must have completed their Master's Degree or Post Graduation from a recognized university in relevant discipline from a recognized university.

>> Candidates who are done with their Master's Degree from the below mentioned subjects are generally given high preference.
* Anthropology
* History
* Sociology..etc.,

>> As you are from History background, I can say that you are eligible to pursue this PhD in Archaeology program.
16th March 2018, 06:11 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study PhD in Archaeology if pursue MA in History?

I am happy to tell you that definitely you can study Ph.D in Archaeology after the completion of MA in History. You must have studied Archaeology as a subject in your Post Graduation.
Candidates those who have completed their M.A degree studying Archaeology as a subject from a recognized University with a minimum of 55% of marks in it are eligible to opt for the Ph.D course in Archaeology.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?