7th July 2011, 10:38 PM
Unregistered

What to do after B.Tech? Should I go for IES, MS, M.Tech,MBA, IPS or Job?

am studying b.tech eee 4th year.am not understand to what to do after b.tech.should go for IES,MS,M.TECH,MBA,OR should i go for ips.or searching job.

Related Questions:
  1. Which to choose between MBA or Government Job? -- [New]
  2. Why most of the students do mba after btech? why not do BBA+MBA or Btech+Mtech? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. MBA or M.Tech after B.Tech Food Technology for better job opportunities?
  4. Integrated Courses: Btech-Mtech and Btech-MBA Entrance Details
  5. Which is better for me after B.Tech Civil Engineering between M.Tech and MBA? Which branch is preferable for me in M.Tech? Scope of job after B.Tech or M.Tech or MBA?
  6. What should I do after my B.Tech Civil? Should I go for a job, M.Tech or MBA?
  7. Job opportunities after doing integrated btech mba? Which Specialization in MBA I should in Integrated Btech-MBA?
  8. List of books for general studies mains paper in English?
  9. What is the job of an IES Officer?
  10. Do I have to join SM institute for preparation of M.Tech/MBA? Should I do a job after completing B.Tech and then apply for PG course?
  11. M.Tech(electronics) or M.Tech(nuclear physics) after M.Sc(physics) for better career?
  12. After B.tech. what are all the options? Jobs, Exams, Higher Studies?
  13. Which is better course for PG course between MBA and M.Tech?
  14. Which all branches are there in engineering? Who can write IES exam? Is IES equivalent to IAS/IPS?
  15. What to do after graduating in B.Tech Mechanical, MBA or M.Tech? Which specialization to choose in M.Tech?
  16. Which course is better for me between MBA and M.Tech to get Government Job with the problem of Colour Blindness?
  17. Which is better to join between Job and Post Graduation study? Which course is better between MBA and M.Tech?
  18. Online short term courses for Electrical Engineers
15th August 2011, 09:13 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: What to do after B.Tech? Should I go for IES, MS, M.Tech,MBA, IPS or Job?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
am studying b.tech eee 4th year.am not understand to what to do after b.tech.should go for IES,MS,M.TECH,MBA,OR should i go for ips.or searching job.
Don't Get confused about these many options Let us discuss one by one.

IES : Indian Engineering services

this is a Indian civil services branch which is highly responsible and tough to crack though every thing is tough it is bit tough because it fetches you government job with all facilities right from the first day of joining into the service. But you have to undergo tough selection process of UPSC. So select this option if and only if you have good subject Knowledge.

M.S and M.Tech are both synonyms in deed if you want to do the technical studies further you need to select these course M.Tech in India same course called as M.S in Other countries.

MBA : Go in to this if and only if you have good leader ship qualities and want to take up as many tensions as possible. and also you can select this if you want to establish your own company

IPS/IAS etc are the civil services which are entirely different from the above discussed categories if you want to serve your nation with your hands then go for this option

Job : Most secure thing in your hand you can do any one of the above after gaining experience My suggestion is you go to this and know what the world is and according to that mind set select any one of the above option.

This is all what I want to share

Regards

~AdityA~
15th August 2011, 10:15 PM
edgeineervinay
Senior Member+

Default Re: What to do after B.Tech? Should I go for IES, MS, M.Tech,MBA, IPS or Job?

Quote:
Start making projects and side by side go for a job..............dont go for higher studies now........leave it for 1 or 2 years..............
15th August 2011, 10:37 PM
Harshita21

Default Re: What to do after B.Tech? Should I go for IES, MS, M.Tech,MBA, IPS or Job?

After B.Tech there are many options like : MBA, M.Tech MS ,IPS ,IAS ,IES

Very Simple to choose.
Firstly go for entrance exam for all IPS ,IES and IAS. Theses exams are quit similar to each other. If you crack the entrance exam then you can get in good govt service if not then second option is for higher studies.

Higher studies means whether MBA ,MS or M.Tech.

MBA means you want to be in administration department
Doing M.Tech mean you want to go in education department or for research.

In which field you are intered go for that field.

It's quit simple to choose
15th August 2011, 10:40 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

after B.Tech you have mainly three option

1.further study.like

a>MBA.

B>M.TECH.

C>MS.

2.Research oriented jobs

a>JRF.
B>Project fellow.

3.preparing for the govt jobs like

1.IES.

2.SAIL.

3.BEL.

4.BHEL.

5.BARC.

6.ISRO

etc.

all the best.........
15th August 2011, 11:50 PM
divyanakra
Senior Member+

It complitely depends on you , if you want to go for further study in techenical field then you can go for MS,if you want todo then you can apply for both private sector as well as public sector.
one thing i want to clear you that if you go for MBA then you get smart package in companies.
16th August 2011, 12:06 AM
Bmsri

Thumbs up Re: What to do after B.Tech? Should I go for IES, MS, M.Tech,MBA, IPS or Job?

After B.tech you can do anything. The option to be selected depends totally on your interest.

IES is good if you want join in Government Job.

MS is to learn more and then earn more.

M.tech is good to learn if you want to continue your career with technical skills.

MBA is good to change your field in management side.

And IPS is the one about which every one knows.
30th November 2011, 06:52 PM
litunu

this is a Indian civil services branch which is highly responsible and tough to crack though every thing is tough it is bit tough because it fetches you government job with all facilities right from the first day of joining into the service. But you have to undergo tough selection process of UPSC. So select this option if and only if you have good subject Knowledge.

M.S and M.Tech are both synonyms in deed if you want to do the technical studies further you need to select these course M.Tech in India same course called as M.S in Other countries.

MBA : Go in to this if and only if you have good leader ship qualities and want to take up as many tensions as possible. and also you can select this if you want to establish your own company

IPS/IAS etc are the civil services which are entirely different from the above discussed categories if you want to serve your nation with your hands then go for this option
26th January 2012, 01:50 PM
GUNDA DIVYA

Quote:
hi,

It entirely depends on you and your interest.

If you have chances and interest over studies then it is far better to continue your studies.

Through Gate you do M.tech of you own interest.

If you have any business skills then through CAT you can go with the MBA.

Among all my opinion is either M.tech or M.S

All the very Best........
5th February 2012, 11:41 AM
georgedipun99

hello friend..
dont be way off..your branch EEE is good so dont be hopeless just have patients..one thing i would like to say that it depends upon your college how and what the companies are coming to your college and how much salary they pay..if the company is good then itz good for you but all companies may not be good..and also there will be criteria for company ..if you satisfied with their salary then get into that company else go for m.tech,MBA or MS..there only you can get huge package of salary..and also you can go for govt job..alot of job vacancies are available mostly try for public sector company.best of luk
13th February 2012, 08:01 PM
akhilesh.k.singh

I think it is a problem faced by every 8th btech holder .
let me help ..
IAS - Only in the case u have good leadership quality + interest in what's going in the around(better known as gk+current affairs)+ want 2 do something for the society + last but most important a lot of patience.
IES - Take it as a govt. job with greater royalty so go for it if u want to have a govt. job with royalty.
Mtech or M.S. - When you are having good concepts + consistency + a lot of interest in any teo among electric machines / power system/control system/network analysis ...
NOTE: MTech differs from M.S. as the latter emphasizes on research (practicals) and the former on theory.
MBA : if you want a handsome salary + you can speak excellently in english and still know maths + and don't have interest in your cure subjects.
Hope it'll be helpful to you
5th March 2012, 04:40 PM
wlcidesign1995

Dear i thing to have to go for MBA because after b.tech mba value will be higher and also after increase you knowledge about business in detail. i think u should choose a good college for your future.
Address:-

WlCI College India Ltd.

NOIDA
C-56A/26, Institutional Area (Near HDFC Bank), Sector-62
Tel: 99715 57051
Email: [email protected]
13th March 2012, 12:13 AM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
HI!
Friend first you decide you aim and then go for it you will defiantly get success.

If you want to join I.E.S then you have to qualify the I.E.S exam conducted by U.P.S.C once in a year.

For I.P.S you have to qualify the Civil Services exam conducted by U.P.S.C once in a year.

If you want to do M.Tech from top college then you have to qualify the entrance exam like G.A.T.E.

If you want to do M.B.A then for admission in top college you have to qualify entrance exam like:-
> C.AT
> M.A.T
> X.A.T
> G.M.A.T
etc

GOOD LUCK!
21st June 2012, 06:18 PM
Unregistered

What should i do after B.tech, MS or IES,IAS ??
Through campus i also placed in TCS so suggest me good option
30th April 2013, 12:45 AM
Unregistered

am studying b.tech 4th year frm IT. im not undersatnding wat to do after b.tech. either to do job or bank job or IAS or MBA or M.tech or MS?? can u pls guide me the better one...
19th September 2013, 05:29 PM
Unregistered

sunanda
what is best between mtech and ies coaching
18th December 2013, 05:52 PM
Unregistered

i am completed my b.tech recently in ece so which is the best one to do further ies is better or ias is better or bank is better as iam a girl which one is comfortable
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?