4th January 2014, 11:31 PM
Unregistered

M.E./M.Tech students can write IES exam? Cut off marks and rank required for selection?

I COMPLETED MY MASTER OF ENGINEERING IN POWER AND ENERGY SYSTEM.

MY question is M.E/M.TECK students are eligible to write IES exam?

SEND ME CUTOFF MARKS TO GET RANK( SOME RANK) and this rank should be for final selection.

for example if i got ALL INDIA RANK-650 am i eligible for IES OFFICER IN ANY GOVT SERVICE
(EXAMPLE-RAILWAYS.....ETC)

17th January 2014, 08:16 PM
Experts
Senior Member+

Default Re: M.E./M.Tech students can write IES exam? Cut off marks and rank required for selection?

Yes, you are eligible to apply for M.E/M.Tech Examination.

I.E.S i.e Indian Engineering Service Examination and this examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission Once in a year. It is conducted for recruitment of Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering.

IES Eligibility :- You should have a completed Engineering degree from a recognized University or equivalent qualification. The Engineering degree in Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering. Final year of degree course may also eligible. Even M.Sc degree in Wireless communication, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering.

You must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years at the time of appearing for this examination. Relaxation is applicable as per Government Rules. 3 years for OBC, 5 years for SC/ST and 5 years for Ex-Servicemen.

Being Master degree holder you are definitely eligible to apply for IES Examination. It is only for engineering candidates. The Cutoff marks will be changed based on the vacancies every year. Last year cut-off marks mentioned below. Recruitment Process is based on the Written Examination as well as Personal Interview.

Mostly IES exam notification will be publish in the month of April or May in the official website of UPSC as well as Employment news papers. The application forms are received only online mode and there is no offline facility. Previous year question papers are available in the official website of UPSC as well as other popular question papers also.

Books for IES Exam :-

-->> UPSC ES: Mechanical Engineering Services Examination Guide
Author: GKP
Publisher: G.K.PUB
Rs. 540

-->> Chapterwise Solved Papers (2012 - 2000) IES Indian Engineering Services: Electrical Engineering
Author: Deepak Purohit
Publisher: Arihant
Rs. 310

-->> UPSC ES Engineering Services Examination: Electronics and Telecommunication Guide
Author: Deepak Gupta
Publisher: G K Publications
Rs. 540

-->> Chapterwise Solved Papers (2013 - 2000) - IES Civil Engineering Conventional Paper (Paper 1 & 2) 3rd Edition
Authored By: Prasant Dixit
Publisher: Arihant Publications
Rs. 365
18th January 2014, 09:19 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: M.E./M.Tech students can write IES exam? Cut off marks and rank required for selection?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I COMPLETED MY MASTER OF ENGINEERING IN POWER AND ENERGY SYSTEM.

MY question is M.E/M.TECK students are eligible to write IES exam?

SEND ME CUTOFF MARKS TO GET RANK( SOME RANK) and this rank should be for final selection.

for example if i got ALL INDIA RANK-650 am i eligible for IES OFFICER IN ANY GOVT SERVICE
(EXAMPLE-RAILWAYS.....ETC)

Hey friend,

To tell about the IES Exam stands for Indian Engineering Service and this exam is conducted by UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) and this exam is conducted every year.

This exam is conducted for candidates to join in Engineering Organizations in India and there are criteria's which are needed to be satisfied in order to apply for the exam and they are:

Nationality:

>> The candidate who wish to apply for the Indian Engineering Service exam should have a Citizenship in India as per the Nationality standard.

Age Limit :

>> The age limit needed for the exam is that the candidate must have a age limit of 21-30 years and this is for General category candidate.

>> There are certain upper age relaxation for other category candidates.

>> The candidate who belong to the SC/ST candidate should have 21-35 years.

>> For OBC candidate the candidate should have a age limit of 21-33 years.

Education Qualification:

>> Education qualification needed for the exam is that the candidate must have completed a Degree in the following departments:
  • Civil Engineering,
  • Mechanical Engineering,
  • Electrical Engineering,
  • Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering

and the candidate who has done their degree in the above departments with a fair percentage are eligible as per the Education qualification.

If you tend to satisfy all these criteria needed for the exam is eligible for applying for the IES Exam.

APPLICATION PROCEDURE:

>> ONLINE

>> OFFLINE

You can apply for the Online at http://www.upsconline.nic.in and for the offline forms you can get the Application forms them at the Head post offices.

For more info check at the official site of UPSC At http://www.upsc.gov.in

ALL THE BEST
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?