14th August 2011, 05:23 PM
vivek06nit

What's the procedure to apply internship in core companies for ECE students? I am pursuing B.Tech(2nd year) degree from NIT, Durgapur with ECE stream

I am second year student in nit durgapur.My stream is electronics & communication engineering.I want an internship in core companies. Please suggest the procedure.I would be thankful to you.

Related Questions:
  1. What's the procedure to apply internship in core companies for ECE students? I am pursuing B.Tech(2nd year) degree from NIT, Durgapur with ECE stream
  2. Companies offering internship for ECE student? Procedure to apply?
  3. How may I get internship in ECE related Core companies?
  4. What is the procedure followed to apply for internships in ECE core companies? List of companies to apply for internship?
  5. Procedure to apply in Summer Internship for B.Tech(ECE) 3rd year student? Should I have to appear in any entrance exam?
  6. Which core companies should I select for internship during ECE course?
  7. Do core companies offer paid Internship for a month to ECE 3rd year student? -- [New]
  8. How to prepare for Core companies for ECE stream?
  9. Details of core companies offering Internship to ECE students in Coimbatore?
  10. List of telecom companies offering internship for final year B.E ECE students? Procedure to apply for it?
  11. Which are the core companies offering 2 months internship for B.Tech ECE students?
  12. How to go for internship after passing 3rd year ECE?
  13. Which are the companies which provide internship while doing B.E in ECE from Park College of Engineering?
  14. Preparation tips and application procedure for Core Companies in ECE? List of companies?
  15. List of Core Companies to do Internship being a candidate pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech in ECE?
  16. List of core companies in Hyderabad that offer 2 months(or less) summer internship for ECE students? How to apply for the summer internship in these companies? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. List of companies offering Internship for B.E.(ECE) 2nd year student in Chennai? Procedure to apply for Internship?
  18. Companies that offer internship for 3rd year B.E.(ECE) students? Procedure to apply for the internship?
30th November 2016, 07:43 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What's the procedure to apply internship in core companies for ECE students? I am pursuing B.Tech(2nd year) degree from NIT, Durgapur with ECE stream

The application forms for internship in different private and public sector technical companies is available from month of March. Most suitable companies for internship for Electronics and Communication engineering candidate is Bharat Sanchar Nigam limited.

You can visit official website of BSNL for online application to internship programme for ECE candidates. Generally, fee structure for six week internship in BSNL is 6000 rupees. While applying for internship, you will have to submit important documents like letter from college, your academic marksheets and proof of identity.
30th November 2016, 09:13 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: What's the procedure to apply internship in core companies for ECE students? I am pursuing B.Tech(2nd year) degree from NIT, Durgapur with ECE stream

If you are doing B.Tech in Electronics and Communication, it is a very good thing as it is one of the most preferred courses in India at the moment. It has been so since many years and the course has its own charm and importance when it comes to market demand.

The 2nd and 3rd years of B.Tech requires the students to do formal internship from possibly core companies and this brings me to your concern/query. If you wish to do internship in any of the core companies then try the following:

1. You should have some sources, jack or references in the companies where you wish to do your internship form. This way it is easier to build contact and find some lead.

2. Try applying from outside to these companies such as NTPC, BHEL, BEL, ONGC, NHPC etc. Sometimes they give out advertisements in newspapers such as "Employment News", however they generally hire for full time employment and therefore it is really difficult to get internship opportunities form them.

3. But it is not true that they do not give internships. If you try hard it would be achievable. Online portals such as Naukri, Monster, Shine etc may also prove helpful in checking for internship openings in such core companies. It is also important to note that core companies private ones also can be checked by you if you are interested.

4. Companies like LG, Samsung, Nokia etc always look for internship graduates who can prove of some worth and value to them. Again try finding some sources in these companies from people who may be working there or have some internal contacts or jacks. Such contacts really help in getting placements.

However, please be open for other options as such. BSNL for example provides internships to ECE graduates and all you have to do is apply by yourself by visiting their local office. Similarly, other telecom core companies also consider ECE graduates for internships.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?