7th October 2011, 05:23 PM
Unregistered

Can I get lateral entry for B.E after finishing diploma in EC? Procedure to join it?

Sir i have finished diploma in EC now i m intrested in aeronatical engg, can i get lateral entry for BE.... if i can den pls sugest me coll and procedure to join.....

Related Questions:
  1. What is the procedure followed to join engineering course in lateral entry after completion of diploma course?
  2. How to join Lateral Entry in NERIST Arunachal?
  3. Procedure of lateral entry into B.Tech/B.E. for polytechnic passsout?
  4. Procedure for lateral entry of diploma holders in UPTU engineering?
  5. Procedure to get Lateral Entry to study B.E. in Bangalore for a EEE Diploma holder completed 2 years ago?
  6. Is Lateral entry diploma equivalent to 3 years diploma?
  7. How can I join IIT after completing diploma in IT? What is the procedure to join lateral entry
  8. Which Diploma courses can i join through lateral entry? -- [New]
  9. Procedure for lateral entry admission in CDAC after Diploma in ECE?
  10. Information about B.Arch Lateral entry? Names of the universities in which I can possibly get?
  11. What is the procedure to join B.Arch after completing diploma in Architecture? Names of colleges offering the B.Arch lateral entry? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Procedure for lateral entry in B.Tech. after diploma in engineering -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Which college to get admission for B.Tech lateral entry after completing Diploma?
  14. Can I be able to join Lateral entry in engineering in Kerala after doing diploma in lateral entry scheme?
  15. How to join B.Tech lateral entry after completing diploma in civil engineering
  16. What is the procedure to be followed for joining engineering directly to 3rd year after completion of diploma course?
  17. Exam details for admission of lateral entry after 1st year of diploma?
  18. Required marks and procedure for lateral entry students?
9th October 2011, 03:40 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get lateral entry for B.E after finishing diploma in EC? Procedure to join it?

yes after completion of diploma in engineering candidates are eligible for lateral entry in engineering. through lateral entry you will be directly admitted to second year of engineering. after completion of diploma in Electronics you may not get chance to take admission iin aeronautical engineering through lateral entry but surely you will get chance to take admission in electronics related branch through lateral entry. few institution may offer aeronautical engineering branch also to the students who are from electronics branch in engineering.

to take admission in engineering through lateral entry you have to appear in lateral entry examination. lateral entry examination mainly state level examination. through lateral entry examination you will be able to take admission in engineering in your own state only.after appearing in lateral entry entrance examination through counseling you will be able to choose your institution according to your rank.

you may also take admission in engineering in first year. then yoou have to appear in engineering entrance examination after your diploma. if you take admission in first year then you will be able to take admission in aeronautical engineering according to your rank. also you may appear in IIT JEE examination. there is no lateral entry seat in IIT. so if you go for first year then you may take admission in IIT also if you can secure good rank in IIT JEE.

best of luck.
9th October 2011, 03:51 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Can I get lateral entry for B.E after finishing diploma in EC? Procedure to join it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir i have finished diploma in EC now i m intrested in aeronatical engg, can i get lateral entry for BE.... if i can den pls sugest me coll and procedure to join.....

Admission to B.Ed after Completing Diploma

In order to join a B.Ed. college after completing your diploma..you need to give the Lateral Entry exam of the desired college in which you want to take admission..

You can apply for various private colleges like

LNMIT,Jaipur
Thapar University,Patiala
JIIT,Noida
IMS,Ghaziabad
JSS,Noida

and many more..

IITs and NITs don't conduct lateral entry exams so except for those colleges..you can apply for almost any college..

If you clear the lateral entry exam of your desired college then you will get direct admission in the 2nd year of that college..but that you can only take admission through lateral entry in the ECE branch..not in any other branch..

If you really want to join the Aeronautical Engineering branch then you need to clear the engineering entrance exams like IIT-JEE,AIEEE,BITSAT,etc in order to join the 1st year of the respective colleges..
But in this case..the competition will be definitely much tougher..

So,decide accordingly only after weighing the pros and cons in each situation..

all the best..

With Warm Regards
"Nitz"
9th October 2011, 04:00 PM
gaurav2talk
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I get lateral entry for B.E after finishing diploma in EC? Procedure to join it?

yes you can get lateral entry after completion of diploma in engineering.

Through lateral entry you will be directly admitted to second year of engineering. after completion of diploma in Electronics you may not get chance to take admission in aeronautical engineering but surely you can get chance to take admission in electronics through lateral entry.
29th November 2011, 11:16 AM
Unregistered

Dear sir,
I complited ITI Diploma in Electronic & Communication Engg.
can i join now direct 3rd year BE In EC...
29th November 2011, 08:07 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
yes, my friend after completion of diploma in EC stream you can join in BE/B.tech course through lateral entry exam.

Through lateral entry exam you can join in 2nd year of BE/B.tech course directly.

So, go for lateral entry exams like- Polytechnic, JELET etc..

After qualifying in any of these exam you will get a chance to take admission in BE/B.tech course.
21st January 2012, 07:07 AM
Unregistered

I am doing two year diploma.can i take admission in amie after finishin it?
5th February 2012, 10:31 AM
Ashwinkumar Hallikar

yes you can get BE seat after doing EC in diploma that will be 3 years course for students who select after completing diploma the students who select after completing 12th they will have to clear 4 years
9th December 2013, 12:14 PM
Unregistered

I am pursuing diploma in comp. Engg....Can i take lateral entry in b.tech for CSE in NSIT? Procedure to join ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?