7th October 2011, 11:45 PM
mackcool143

How to prepare for IAS exam during engineering and which are the subjects to be taken?

hw to prepare for ias during engg. nd what r sub taken for choise for main

Related Questions:
  1. How should I prepare for IAS entrance exam? Which are the subjects that would help?
  2. How to prepare for IAS exam during engineering and which are the subjects to be taken?
  3. How to become an IAS officer after Engineering (ECE)? how to prepare and subjects to study? Is it necessary to join IAS academy to prepare? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. How to write IAS exam if I am a engineering student?
  5. What are the subjects of IAS? How should I prepare for IAS? -- [New]
  6. How to approach IAS exam while in engineering 2nd year? Which subjects to be selected for better scoring?
  7. How to prepare for IAS entrance exam? Subjects to be chosen? Requirements and books to be referred?
  8. How to prepare for IAS exam after studying mechanical engineering 2nd year
  9. How to prepare for IAS with optional subjects Punjabi and Chemistry. I'm a first year engineering student at IIT
  10. How to select optional subjects for Civil Services examination? How to prepare well for the examination?
  11. Which subjects to prepare for IAS Exam being a candidate of final year B.Tech in Civil Engineering?
  12. How to prepare for IAS? Subjects to study?
  13. Which subjects should I choose for IAS Exam being a candidate pursuing 3rd semester of Mechanical Engineering? Which Books should I prepare for this Exam?
  14. How to prepare for IAS entrance exam? How many optional subjects should we opt for IAS exam?
  15. How to prepare for IAS after passing Mechanical engineering? Which optional subjects should I choose?
  16. Which are the appropriate subjects for IAS Exam? How to prepare for IAS Exam?
  17. How to prepare myself for IAS exam? How many subjects do I have to opt for IAS exam?
  18. What are the advantages of being MBA? Which subjects to prepare for IAS Main Exam?
8th October 2011, 08:05 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: How to prepare for IAS exam during engineering and which are the subjects to be taken?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackcool143 View Post
hw to prepare for ias during engg. nd what r sub taken for choise for main
Great desire ..!!!
appreciate your wish to become IAS officer.

yeah you are eligible to write IAS examination (Officially called as Civil Service Exam) after completing your Degree i.e., your Engineering .

To prepare while in engineering . I think you may not get the perfect time to start right away the exact preparation. Because me too doing engineering. I know the difficulties on getting time.

anyways. if you have time you concentrate on these things.

->General Knowledge

->General Awareness.

->Aptitude.

->Logical reasoning.

->MNC Interview Questions.

->Current Affairs. all the current affairs. i.e. ,
regional affairs,State affairs,National Affairs, International Affairs.

These are enough at this moment that is while doing your engineering. these above things will take your free time in engineering effectively for your IAS entrance exam aspiration.

Just not preparing orally also make note points so that you can brush up these things when you actually sit for preparation.

all the above mentioned points will help in your actual preparation so take it seriously if you find a few couple mins also concentrate on these aspects.

coming to your optional subject selection for your Mains exam

It is too early to discuss about it but for your information purpose know these things
you have to select two subjects as optional subjects along with the common general studies section and language section.

for these two optional subjects you will give a list of 20 or so optional subject you can select any of them of your interest.
at that time you will come to know that selecting your background optional is the best choice if your background subject is not present then you can select any subject of your interest.
There is no restriction or no compulsion to select a particular subject.

okay !!

For any further doubts you can contact this forum.
We are ready to help you.

Regards
8th October 2011, 09:30 PM
bhargav kurella

Default Re: How to prepare for IAS exam during engineering and which are the subjects to be taken?

hats off for your desire.

eligibility criterion for this exam is completing any degree.
i wish u to concentrate on
->General Knowledge

->General Awareness.

->Aptitude.

->Logical reasoning.

->MNC Interview Questions.

->Current Affairs. all the current affairs. i.e. ,
regional affairs,State affairs,National Affairs, International Affairs.

these will help u a lot.
27th November 2011, 07:40 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to prepare for IAS exam during engineering and which are the subjects to be taken?

hello sir ,,, i am student of BE first year... i want to prepare for my optionals right of from now.. can u just list which are the combinations we arent supposed to take??? only the one which i know right of now is MATHS n STATS.... i want to take a combination of poli science and history is dat possible????
28th December 2011, 10:31 PM
Unregistered

how to prepare ias,i m doing electronics engineering.
4th January 2012, 09:42 PM
Unregistered

sir i m pursuing electronics and communication engineering .it is my first year .give me advice how to prepare for IAS right from now
2nd February 2012, 01:25 PM
Unregistered

sir i am doing biotechnical engineering 1st year so please tell me the subjects which i can choose
25th March 2012, 01:09 PM
Unregistered

I passed B.tech .and my branch is computer science and engineering.can i sit in IAS exam?what will my subject?
25th March 2012, 01:25 PM
Unregistered

I passed engineering from computer science.please suggest what subject will be take?
12th June 2012, 12:42 PM
Unregistered

i am studying 3rd yr ece. is it right time to prepare for ?what r the steps to be taken ?
how can i choose subjects?
18th April 2013, 02:12 PM
Unregistered

Sir I am engineering first year student. I want to start my preparation for civils. Is it the right time to start? If it is then please advice I don't know how to approach. What to start studying and from where. Please advice. Am in serious need of advice
29th September 2013, 06:24 PM
Unregistered

sir am amirtha doing my b.tech eee 2 nd year in pondicherry enginerring college from my school age my aim s to become an i.a.s during my school days i never take any step for tat .nw am ready to prepare for that bt i dont no how to prepare and start my readings so pls help me sir for doimg tat
9th July 2014, 11:21 PM
Unregistered

hello friends..
Initially u should know the level of competion and odds which u face through getting it.so surf the web n get through knowledge regarding the exam.judge ur self wheather u will fit in a frame of Administer or no..,?...if yes ..n have a good(( very*very good)) competency in english then go for prepration if not first prepare your vocabulary set ur basics/foundation strong .if u feel ur fit to be administrator then go ahead wid ur preprations.. if not .. build the administrator qualities in u....ie the only way for success..
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?