17th May 2011, 11:25 PM
divya.gk

How to approach IAS exam while in engineering 2nd year? Which subjects to be selected for better scoring?

i am doing my engineering second year ...i wnt to prepare for IAS..how to approach for IAS entrance exam?which are the subjects have to select for better scoring...how to start the preparation....

18th May 2011, 06:24 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: How to approach IAS exam while in engineering 2nd year? Which subjects to be selected for better scoring?

Quote:
Originally Posted by divya.gk View Post
i am doing my engineering second year ...i wnt to prepare for IAS..how to approach for IAS entrance exam?which are the subjects have to select for better scoring...how to start the preparation....
It is really good to hear from you that you are interested in IAS I really appreciate your decision

India Needs youth like you to come forward and develop your own country anyways coming to your question

I have all the answers for it then lets start

Quote:
i am doing my engineering second year ..
Its good that you have decided to become IAS officer at this stage because it will help you in all the ways

Quote:
how to approach for IAS entrance exam?
IAS is regarded as the top most civil service job Actually this is one of the service among 23-25 civil services but its different from all in its class and powers

All i want to say is it the most powerful and superb glamorous job

this exam will be written by the graduated students of Inida only i.e., only indians are eligible to write this exam

The graduation completed students or Last year graduate students are also eligible to write this examination.

The age required to write this exam is 21 min and 30 max anyways relaxation will be there for the reserved categories upto 5 years for SC/ST and upto 3 years for OBC

The physical standards are not mandatory to IAS but its must and should for IPS

after getting the eligible qualities for this strenous exam you need to fill the application form of CSE(Civil service examination) which is conducted by UPSC Delhi

This exam is conducted every year.

As you are just a 2nd year student there is no need start your preparation from now itself eventhough you should keep your target in mind and put forward your steps for the success in the IAS entrance like

Reading newspaper

getting updated with current affairs

what not everything is required for IAS so make plan and update yourself with this stuff

after you sit for actual preparation then start with all the smartest plans and complete your syllabus tactically by covering all the areas in this way you can make out your preparation plan.

if you can then definitely go to a coaching center and take their valuable suggestions and feel the competition across the country

prepare well and attempt good
definitely you will make your dream come true

Regards

~AdityA~
18th May 2011, 06:35 PM
mandiv

Default Re: How to approach IAS exam while in engineering 2nd year? Which subjects to be selected for better scoring?

hi
dear for the making your dreams of being an ias to come true you have to be a graduate..........
you have to stay updated with the current affairs and keeping interacted with the environment around you all the time.........
this is the most reputated job ..........
you have to give its entrance exam and score good.......
best of luck.........
18th May 2011, 08:46 PM
k.pradeep reddy

Default Re: How to approach IAS exam while in engineering 2nd year? Which subjects to be selected for better scoring?

very rare to see the students who are decided to become a part of indian civil services..
good decision, appreciating for that..
many of the people will say that it is an toughest exam amongst all but the fact is one can become successful in this exam if they have passion for preparing..
all the details of the civil services of india will be available for you on the following blogs..

http://all-india-services.blogspot.com/

http://great-indian-civilservices.blogspot.com/

u can also find the various questions and many things about the civil services..

getting information is not enough for anyone to do well in the examination..
you must want to get the sufficient knowledge and good communication skills..

i suggested you to follow these tips:

1. start reading an standard english news paper as soon as possible..
news paper reading makes you to get updated also it will helps you to understand english well and you can also make the sentences the gramatically..
main important is don't read news paper blindly, understand the each sentence u read..

2.try to ask questions as many as possible, asking questions must help you to understand the topic thoroughly..
as a technical student don't believe anything blindly, analyse any topic in your way and if you can't able to understand then ask questions to your teachers start discussing with your friends..

3. you must have good communication skills to be good anywhere..
so, start talking in english with your friends..
these all considered in main interview of civil services examination..
you must have to present various topics to improve your skills and body language..

4. while selecting the optional subjects in examination don't select your engineering core subject blindly, see all the subjects which are provided and select the topic in which you are interested and enthusiastic..
if you are well in your core subject then go for it..

5. you must feel the importance of indian civil services in developing the country then only you will be able to study with lot of enthusiasm..
try to know the experiences of various senior officers and previous toppers.. you'll find many videos in youtube..

best wishes...,

regards.,
k.pradeep reddy
18th May 2011, 09:50 PM
sunil k sharma

27th May 2011, 01:04 PM
Unregistered

how i should prepare to get good score in ias?now iam studying engineering 3rd year.
31st May 2011, 07:31 PM
Ankur agrawal

Quote:
Originally Posted by divya.gk View Post
Hii,
First thing you can not take admissionin IAS right now because for IAS you have minimum one bechlor degree..

For better scoring choose maths and Gk is a major part in this exam.

ankur
3rd June 2011, 02:51 PM
Unregistered

i am in engineering 2nd year . so should i start preparing for IAS? isn't its too early?
28th June 2011, 01:03 PM
Unregistered

I HAVE SELECTED METALLURGICAL AND MATERIAL SCIENCES IN NIT TRICHY . CAN I STILL PREPARE FOR IAS EXAMINATION AND THROUGH WHICH SUBJECT.
2nd July 2011, 02:05 PM
Unregistered

i am doing my engineering 3rd year in (I.T) kindly suggest what subjects should i take up for cracking the I.A.S exams...
21st July 2011, 02:55 AM
Unregistered

sir i am doing my BDS which subject is suitable for ias prepration
18th August 2011, 08:16 PM
Unregistered

Respected sir, i am btech student(I.T) of 3 rd year my goal is 2 be IAS ,pls give sugesstion hw 2 make preaprtion?
3rd September 2011, 10:08 AM
Unregistered

sir,i am a engineering(civil) student(from st category) and wanted to be an IAS officer, which additional subjects should i opt for so that i can get a better help while preparation?
5th February 2012, 11:57 AM
Unregistered

what to read n wat to remember in newspaper????there are so many things on news paper.....
12th February 2012, 11:16 PM
Unregistered

I want to choose subject for ias. I am in 12th.I will give my board in 2012.
7th May 2012, 09:55 PM
Unregistered

i just happen to complete my first year in engineering. i am into mechanical engineering. please tell me what subjects are really very approachable to qualify ias??
4th July 2012, 09:07 PM
Unregistered

Lightbulb Re: How to approach IAS exam while in engineering 2nd year? Which subjects to be selected for better scoring?

[QUOTE=divya.gk;645489]i am doing my engineering second year ...i wnt to prepare for IAS..how to approach for IAS entrance exam?which are the subjects have to select for better scoring...how to start the preparation..

there is no criteria for selecting the subject at all,instead one should opt only the subjects in which he have the good command .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?