28th November 2011, 12:13 PM
rajshah1233

Which subjects to prepare for IAS Exam being a candidate of final year B.Tech in Civil Engineering?

i m a student of b.tech final year,civil engineering. i want prepare for i.a.s ,which subject will proove batter for it,,are they art subjects or engineering subjects.

Related Questions:
  1. How should I prepare for IAS exam? Which are the main subjects that I have to study?
  2. How to prepare for IAS Exam being a candidate pursuing 1st year of Engineering in IT stream?
  3. How to become an IAS officer after Engineering (ECE)? how to prepare and subjects to study? Is it necessary to join IAS academy to prepare? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Guidance to prepare for IAS and IES Exams being a candidate pursuing 2nd year of BE in Civil Engineering? Previous 10 year Question Papers for these Exams?
  5. How should I prepare for Civil Services exams like IAS,UPPCS exams? What are the list of subjects from which I can choose?
  6. Which subjects are better for B.E Computer Science Engineering candidate to take for IAS exam?
  7. Which subjects to study to prepare for IAS Exam being a candidate of doing B.Tech in CSE?
  8. How to prepare for IAS Exam being a candidate of B.Tech in 3rd semester?
  9. How to prepare for IAS Exam being a candidate of B.Tech in 3rd semester?
  10. What should I do to prepare for IAS exam? I am a Civil Engineering student -- [New]
  11. How to prepare for IAS Exam being a candidate pursuing 4th year of B.Tech course?
  12. How do I prepare to become an IAS Officer pursuing BE in Civil Engineering?
  13. Can we simultaneously prepare for IAS exam or any other civil exam?
  14. How to prepare for IAS while doing B.Tech course?
  15. How to do IAS after passing B.Tech 3rd year?
  16. How to approach IAS exam while in engineering 2nd year? Which subjects to be selected for better scoring?
  17. How to select optional subjects for Civil Services examination? How to prepare well for the examination?
  18. How to prepare for IAS exam after studying mechanical engineering 2nd year
2nd December 2011, 12:11 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subjects to prepare for IAS Exam being a candidate of final year B.Tech in Civil Engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshah1233 View Post
i m a student of b.tech final year,civil engineering. i want prepare for i.a.s ,which subject will proove batter for it,,are they art subjects or engineering subjects.
Dear friend,

Best optinal subjects for B-TECH (CIVIL ENGINEERING):-

Optional subjects for IAS main exam:

Economics , Electrical Engineering,Geography, Geology ,History, Law,Management,
Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Medical Science, Philosophy, Physics, Political
Science and International Relations, Psychology, Public Administration, Sociology,
Statistics, Zoology, Agriculture, Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Anthropology,
Botany, Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Commerce and Accountancy.

You can choose the subject in sense of your strength . Because this is dependable to you.

Thanks
7th June 2012, 05:17 PM
reachdeepu

Default Re: Which subjects to prepare for IAS Exam being a candidate of final year B.Tech in Civil Engineering?

you can better choose your professional course subject in which you will have more knowledge than other subjects.. but you have to concentrate in other civil engineering books also other than your syllabus... All the best
7th June 2012, 09:25 PM
lakshmi dhana

Best optinal subjects for B-TECH (CIVIL ENGINEERING):-
Optional subjects for IAS main exam:
Economics , Electrical Engineering,Geography, Geology,History, Law,Management,
Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Medical Science, Philosophy, Physics, Political
Science and International Relations, Psychology, Public Administration, Sociology,
Statistics, Zoology, Agriculture, Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Anthropology,
Botany, Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Commerce and Accountancy.you can choose anyone of your own interest,better i advice you to choose your professional subject-civil engineering.
7th June 2012, 10:22 PM
yudhveergvs
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshah1233 View Post

Hello friend,

The IAS exam comprises of three stages

Preliminary Exam
Main Exam
Interview

The preliminary exam has been replaced by Civil Service Aptitude Test from the current year. The aptitude test is designed to check the candidates intelligence, reasoning sense, argumentative capacity, aesthatic sense, analytical ability and command over a language.
The main exam for the IAS comprises of compulsory and optional subjects.
The compulsory subjects for the Main exam are one Indian language, English, Essay and General studies.
As far as optional papers are concerned, you will have to choose any two subjects out of the following list
Agriculture Mathematics, Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Mechanical Engineering Botany, Medical Science, Chemistry, Philosophy, Civil Engineering, Physics, Commerce,Political Science ,Economics ,Psychology Electrical Engineering Public Administration, Geography, Sociology, Geology, Statistics, Indian,History, Zoology,Law.
Depending upon your interest and expertise, you may choose optional subjects.

Following combination of subjects are not allowed
Political Science & International Relations and Public Administration;

Commerce & Accountancy and Management;
Anthropology and Sociology;
Mathematics and Statistics;
Agriculture and Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science.
Management and Public Administration;
Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science and Medical Science.
Two engineering subjects

To prepare well for the exam, you must be aware of current affairs. Their are many books available in the market which will help you to prepare for the exam. Apart from the books, you may also enroll yourself in a good institutes for the same.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?