26th November 2011, 02:19 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for GATE Exam being a candidate of Post Graduate in Computer Applications?

sir,i am a post graduate in computer application last year student.i want to know that i am elligible for m.tec.entrance exam(gate) or not.

26th November 2011, 07:48 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for GATE Exam being a candidate of Post Graduate in Computer Applications?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir,i am a post graduate in computer application last year student.i want to know that i am elligible for m.tec.entrance exam(gate) or not.
Dear friend,

The eligibility criteria for M-TECH admission:-

(a) Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering/Technology or its equivalent.

(b) Bachelor’s degree holders in Science/Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Science/Electronics/ followed by qualifications obtained through an examination conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE.

(c) Bachelor’s degree holders in Architecture/Design (for M Des program only)

(d) Master’s degree holders in Physics with Electronics/Instrumentation (for M Tech programs).

So you are applicable for M-TECH programme because you have completed master degree in computer application .

Thanks
26th November 2011, 07:53 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for GATE Exam being a candidate of Post Graduate in Computer Applications?

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. This exam will be conducted by Institute of Science and 7 IIMs (Indian Institute of Management).

Candidates who are intersted to pursue M.Tech course will appear for this exam and crack the exam to get admission for M.Tech course.

In order to be eligible for GATE Exam, one should have completed Graduation in Engineering.

Even the candidates who are in the final year of Engineering course are also eligible to appear for this Exam.

There is no percentage criteria at all in Engineering in order to be eligible for this Exam. In addition, there is no limit on the number of attempts for this Exam. One can appear for this exam as many times as he wanted.

You did not mention the Graduation course which you have completed. If you are a candidate of 3 years bachelor degree course like B.Sc, then you are not eligible to appear for this Exam.

If you have completed Engineering course or if you are in the final year of Engineering course, you can appear for this Exam.

For more information on GATE Exam, you can visit,
http://www.iitk.ac.in/gate/gate2012/
26th November 2011, 11:15 PM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

GATE entrance exam is held once in a year,this is conducted by IIT's to intake qualified students for Post graduation course in Engineering,Architecture and Statistical course.This exam score is valid for 2 years.

Eligibility criteria for GATE-2012 exam:
Candidate should have complete graduation degree in Engineering/Architecture/Statistical course.
or
Candidate being in final year with above mentioned course can also eligible for Gate exam.

Important dates for GATE-2012 exam:
Opening date for application form is 12th Sept 2011.
Closing date for application form is 21st Oct 2011.
Exam will held on 29th Jan 2012.
5th December 2011, 01:53 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Hi

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. Its basically held to select bright students for the Master's Program.

The Eligibility Criteria for GATE is ::

1. Bachelor's degree holders in Engineering/Technology/Architecture/Pharmacy (4 years after 10+2) and those who are in the final or pre-final year of such program's.

2. Master's degree holders in any branch of Science/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final or pre-final year of such programmes.

3. Candidates in the second or higher year of the Four-year Integrated Master's degree programme (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology or in the third or higher year of Five-year Integrated Master's degree program and Dual Degree programme in Engineering/Technology.

4. Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE (e.g. AMIE by IE(I), AME by ICE(I)) as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech.

So since you are already a post graduate in the Computer Science, you are well eligible for the GATE 2012.

For any more information on it, please Click Here

I am also uploading the GATE notification. Please refer to it.

All the best

Regards
#RJ#
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Gate brochure-2012.pdf(2.45 MB, 69 views)
File Type: pdf GATE Sample Paper.pdf(202.7 KB, 59 views)
3rd January 2012, 08:13 PM
Unregistered

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible for GATE Exam being a candidate of Post Graduate in Computer Applications?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes....obviously you are eligible...............
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?