17th December 2011, 08:39 AM
bunnybsr

Detailed Information regarding IPS Exam being a candidate of pursuing 2nd year B.Tech in ECE?

sir,
i am a 2nd year B.TECH student in E.C.E branch,
i want the details about ips exams i mean,
minimum qualifications,physical requirements and examination pattern.
please help me.................................

Related Questions:
  1. Information regarding IPS Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year ECE?
  2. Which kind of Jobs will I get being a candidate pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech in ECE?
  3. Which other course can I do while pursuing B.E 2nd year ECE?
  4. Guidance to do Summer Training being a candidate pursuing 2nd year of B.Tech in ECE?
  5. Guidance to pursue Extra Certification courses with low cost being a candidate pursuing 2nd year BE in ECE?
  6. Am I eligible for IPS Exam being a candidate pursuing 2nd year of B.Tech in Civil Engineering?
  7. What is the procedure for applying internship after B.Tech 2nd year in ECE? -- [New]
  8. How to apply for IPS being a candidate of pursuing 2nd year of B.Com?
  9. Which Jobs are correct choice for me being a candidate pursuing final year of B.Tech course in ECE stream?
  10. Where can I do implant Training being a candidate pursuing 2nd year of ECE course?
  11. Can I appear for Civil Services Exam being a candidate of pursuing 2nd year of ECE?
  12. How to start my preparation for IAS Exam being a candidate pursuing 2nd year of ECE? Which Books should I prepare for this Exam?
  13. How to do M.Tech in IIT after pursuing B.Tech 2nd year Aeronautical engineering?
  14. How to get Internship in top Companies being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech?
  15. Which courses I can do for Training being a candidate of pursuing 2nd year B.Tech in ECE?
  16. Which field should I choose and which companies are good for me to do training for 3 months being a candidate of pursuing 2nd year B.Tech?
  17. How to join IPS being a candidate of pursuing 2nd year of Engineering?
  18. After B.E ECE how can I join Indian Air Force? -- [Most Discussed]
17th December 2011, 10:15 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Detailed Information regarding IPS Exam being a candidate of pursuing 2nd year B.Tech in ECE?

There is no separate entrance exam by cracking which candidate can join in IPS. But, instead there is a civil services exam by cracking which the candidates will be placed in various civil services like
-IAS
-IPS
-IRS etc.

The selection procedure to become IPS is by
-CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test)
-Civil Services Main Examination
-Interview.

Here is the required eligibility criteria for this exam.

Academic Qualification :
-One should have completed Graduation with any of the stream from a recognized university.
-Candidates who have appeared for final year exams and waiting for the results can also apply for this exam.

Age criteria :
-One should be in the age group of 21-30 years to be eligible for this exam.
-Relaxation is there in upper age limit upto 3 years for the candidates of OBC category.
-Relaxation is there in upper age limit upto 5 years for the candidates of SC/ST category.

Number of attempts :
-The maximum number of attempts for the candidates of General category are 4.
-For the caniddates of OBC category, the maximum number of attempts are 7.
-There is no age limit on the number of attempts for this exam for the candidates of SC/ST category.

As you are being a candidate of 2nd year B.Tech in ECE, I suggest you to decide upon the optional subjects for main exam now itself and start preparing for the Main Examination.

For updated information on this exam, you can visit
http://www.upsc.gov.in/
17th December 2011, 11:45 PM
arun.potturu

Default Re: Detailed Information regarding IPS Exam being a candidate of pursuing 2nd year B.Tech in ECE?

Hi my dear,
While in 2nd year you are not eligible for IPS exam.For applying you should qualify the below criteria
1.First of all graduation is necessary for IPS post from any recognised university.
2.Minimum 55% is necessary.
3.The age limit is 21-30 years.
This IPS exam is conducted through UPSC services and for notifications see the official website www.upsc.gov.in
SELECTION PROCESS:
1.Preliminary test.
2.Mains exam.
3.Interview.
18th December 2011, 12:08 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Detailed Information regarding IPS Exam being a candidate of pursuing 2nd year B.Tech in ECE?

Hi

IPS exam is the INDIAN POLICE SERVICE. This is an All India Level competitive exam which is conducted by the UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) every year to recruit candidates for the Police officials.

IPS is one of the most reputated and tough exams to crack in out country.

~:: ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA'S ::~

1. A candidate should be a minimum graduate from a recognized university in any stream to be eligible to appear for the IPS exam.

2. The final year students who are awaiting their results can also apply for this exam.

3. The age of the candidates should be as : 21-30 years for GEN, 21-33 years for OBC and 21-35 years for the SC/ST.

4. The maximum number of attempts granted to a particular candidate are :

GEN - 4 attempts
OBC - 7 attempts
SC/ST - No limits.

5. The applicants must be physically fit and healthy.

~:: PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS ::~

1. Height: Minimum height for men and women is should be 165 cm and 150 cm respectively.

2. Permitted Vision: Total amount of Myopia should be less than -4D, and Hypermetropia should not be more than +4D.

3. Also, applicants must have High Grade Color Vision and Binocular Vision.

4. Chest Girth : Men - 84 cm and for Women - 79 cm. An expansion of 5cm is allowed.

5. All the bone joints should show perfect motion.

(NOTE :: No Physical Test would be taken. This is a myth).

~:: EXAM PATTERN ::~

IPS exam is carried out in two stages:

• The Preliminary Examination
  • The Main Examination.

1.) The Preliminary Exam consists of the multiple choice questions and needs to be qualified for appearing in the Mains exam.

2.) The Main Exam comprises of a written test and an interview.

For any more information on this, Please Click Here

All the best

Regards
#RJ#
15th January 2012, 04:18 PM
Unregistered

sir,my name is komal,i am studying in b.e imformation technology andi wanns a know can i give exam of ips?and hws that exam prepares for that exam?whats ips exam fees?
31st January 2012, 05:28 PM
Unregistered

iam in 3 rd year agriculture branch i have join exam ?
31st March 2012, 11:08 PM
Unregistered

i am in 2nd year in IT department, am i eligible for ips exam?
18th May 2012, 11:26 PM
Unregistered

what is the time limit fir traning periodqa
29th May 2012, 01:09 AM
Unregistered

sir i m 2nd yr stdnt & i how can preprae this exam.
4th September 2012, 12:15 PM
Unregistered

sir,
i am a 3rd year student of bba
i want the details about ips exams i mean,
minimum qualifications,physical requirements and examination pattern.
please help me.................................
23rd September 2012, 08:25 PM
Unregistered

sir i am 2nd yr b.pharm stdnt how can prepare this exam
20th December 2013, 04:48 PM
Unregistered

sir,my name is bhavesh.i am studying in 2nd year civil eng.please sugest me. how to start ips exam preparasion.
14th August 2020, 10:42 AM
Unregistered

I'm a Diploma holder in Electrical and electronic. Can I sit for the exam or am I qualified to sit for the exam?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?