22nd January 2012, 07:26 AM
mahanti.divya

Am I eligible to apply for Civils in this year being a candidate going to complete B.Tech by upcoming April?

sir Iam pursuing my b.tech final year now,my graduation will be completed by this april. am I eligible for applying civils this year?

22nd January 2012, 02:09 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for Civils in this year being a candidate going to complete B.Tech by upcoming April?

Yes. You are eligible to apply for Civil Services Examination which is gong to be conducted in this year as you are going to complete your B.Tech course with in few months.

The selection procedure which the candidate has to go through in order to be placed in any of the civil services is by
-CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test)
-Civil Services Main Examination
-Interview.

In order to be eligible for this, one shold possess the following eligibility criteria.

Academic Qualification :
-One should have completed Graduation with any of the stream from a recognized university.
-Even the candidates who are pursuing final year of Graduation course are also eligible to take up this exam.

Age criteria :
-One should be in the age group of 21-30 years to be eligible for this Exam.
-Relaxation is there in upper age limit upto 3 years for the candidates of OBC category.
-Relaxation is there in upper age limit upto 5 years for the canddiates of SC/ST category.

Number of attempts :
-A candidate of General category can appear for a maximum of 4 times to this exam.
-Candidates of OBC category can appear for a maximum of 7 times and there is no limit on the number of attempts for SC/ST category.

The upcoming CSAT Exam is goning to be conducted on 20-05-2012. If you are interested, you can apply for this Exam.

For detailed information on this Exam, you can visit
http://upsc.gov.in/
22nd January 2012, 03:13 PM
madhuri7

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for Civils in this year being a candidate going to complete B.Tech by upcoming April?

ya you can appear for preliminary exam and you have to submit proof of passing degree along with application form for mains exam
22nd January 2012, 04:17 PM
nishant242424

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahanti.divya View Post
sir Iam pursuing my b.tech final year now,my graduation will be completed by this april. am I eligible for applying civils this year?
yes you can apply for it.
it is on 20-05-2012
citeria

-One should have completed Graduation or in final year with any of the stream from a recognized university.

Age criteria :
-Relaxation is there in upper age limit upto 3 years for the candidates of OBC category.
-Relaxation is there in upper age limit upto 5 years for the canddiates of SC/ST category.

General category can appear for 4 times only.

OBC category student can appear for a maximum of 7 times and there is no limit on the number of attempts for SC/ST category.
22nd January 2012, 04:35 PM
prashant more

Cool Re: Am I eligible to apply for Civils in this year being a candidate going to complete B.Tech by upcoming April?

Yes. You are eligible to apply for Civil Services Examination which is gong to be conducted in this year as you are going to complete your B.Tech course with in few months.

The selection procedure which the candidate has to go through in order to be placed in any of the civil services is by
-CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test)
-Civil Services Main Examination
-Interview.

In order to be eligible for this, one shold possess the following eligibility criteria.

Academic Qualification :
-One should have completed Graduation with any of the stream from a recognized university.
-Even the candidates who are pursuing final year of Graduation course are also eligible to take up this exam.

Age criteria :

Number of attempts :
-A candidate of General category can appear for a maximum of 4 times to this exam.
-Candidates of OBC category can appear for a maximum of 7 times and there is no limit on the number of attempts for SC/ST category.

The upcoming CSAT Exam is goning to be conducted on 20-05-2012. If you are interested, you can apply for this Exam.

For detailed information on this Exam, you can visit
http://upsc.gov.in/
22nd January 2012, 05:05 PM
rvidyasagar

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahanti.divya View Post
Your strategy is right and appreciable. Just as you are appearing in the final exam of the qualifying degree, you should also appear for the Civil Services exam. This has two advantages: You do not waste one year after the publication of the result. Secondly, your preparation for the B. Tech Exam will also hold good for the Civil Services Exam.

According to UPSC notifications, those who have appeared and those who intend to appear in the final year of the qualifying exam (B. Tech. in your case) can also apply for the CS exam. The condition is that you should produce proof of passing the exam, when you apply for the Main exam. The main exam will take place around July/August.

All the best.
22nd January 2012, 05:37 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Civils you mean Civil Service Examination conducted by UPSC every year for recruitment to various top post in various Dept. of Govt. Of India.

Yes, you are eligible to appear for Civil Service Examination as you are going to aomplete your B.Tech. engineering education.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian within the age of 21 to 30 years of age having graduation degree or appearing for the final degree exam from any stream and from a recognised Universit in order to apply for Civil Service Exam.

The selection is through three phases:-

CSAT - Civil Service Aptitude Test which comprises of all objective type questions
Civil Service Main Exam which comprises of descriptive type questions
Personal Interview

For detailed information you may log on to the official web site of UPSC i.e. www.upsc.gov.in
20th March 2012, 01:27 PM
Unregistered

is it necessary to write mains after appearing for preliminary
27th April 2012, 02:33 AM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Yes shore you are eligible to crack the Civil Services Examination for this year.

Eligibility criteria:

You should be complete your graduation from any of the university of india.

Final year graduation candidates are also eligible.

You must be a citizen of india.

Age criteria:

Your age in between the 21 and 30years,

3years age relaxation for the OBC candidates,

5years age relaxation for the SC/ST candidates.

Selection procedure:

Written test,
Main exam,
Personal interview.

This year exam will be held on 20-may-2012.

For more details visit

http://www.upsc.gov.in

Best of luck.
28th April 2012, 10:23 AM
sirimulla srikanth
Senior Member++

HAI....

Civil services exam conducted by the UPSC twice a year to recruit the candidates in various govt sectors in INDIA.

YES,you are applicable for the civil services exam because you are complete the your B.tech course in few months.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR CIVIL SERVICES EXAM:

Candidate should complete graduation or equal course from a recognized university.
Age limit is 21-30 years
3 years age relaxation for OBC candidates
5 years age relaxation for SC/ST candidates.
Candidate should be a citizen of INDIA.

SELECTION PROCESS IS THROUGH FOLLOWING THREE PHASES:

Written test
Main exam
Personal interview

For more information regards visit www.upsc.gov.in

BEST OF LUCK...
29th April 2012, 02:21 AM
mithu ashi
Member+

Civil service examination is conducted by U.P.S.C.
As you are in your final year of graduation you can absolutely apply for civil service examination.
- The students who have completed their graduation with any course like technical/ professional are eligible to apply for this examination.
- Only passing mark is required for this exam.
- The candidates who have passed their graduation from technical courses must not have any pending backlogs.

- You must be Indian citizen.
- Your age limit should be 21-30 years.
- But in case of O.B.C. 3 years of relaxation & for SC/ST- 5 years of relaxation is present.
- For general category 4 number of attempts, OBC- 7 number of attempts, SC/ST- unlimited attempts are available.
19th July 2012, 01:27 PM
Unregistered

i am student of b.tech(mech.) of 2nd year ,want to crack civil services.can you suggest me coaching inst. near mathura,referred steps regarding prep....
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?