23rd January 2012, 11:57 AM
PreetiRohilla

Which subjects should I choose for IAS Exam being a candidate pursuing 2nd year of B.Tech in CSE?

IAS exam Subject selection
I am a B.Tech 2nd year student. I am in CSE branch. I am not getting to the end of Subject selection. Please guide me which subject should I choose?

Related Questions:
  1. How to prepare for IAS Exam being a candidate of B.Tech in CSE pursuing 2nd year?
  2. Which subjects should I choose for Civils pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech in CSE?
  3. Best way to prepare for IAS exam while in CSE 2nd year?
  4. How to become an IAS Officer being a candidate of pursuing 2nd year ECE?
  5. Which is the best way to prepare for IAS Exam? Which optional subjects should I choose for this exam being a candidate from B.Com course?
  6. Which subjects should I choose for IAS Exam being a candidate pursuing final year of B.Tech in IT?
  7. Which subjects to choose for IAS Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year BA?
  8. How to choose subjects for PCS exam? I am 23 years old and have done B.Tech in CSE
  9. Which Optional subjects should I choose for Civil Services Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech? Books and Magazines to prepare for this Exam?
  10. Which subjects to choose after completion of 2nd year science -- [New]
  11. How to start preparation for IAS exam while pursuing CSE?
  12. Which subjects should I choose for IAS Exam being a candidate pursuing 3rd semester of Mechanical Engineering? Which Books should I prepare for this Exam?
  13. Can I give UPSC Exam being a candidate of pursuing 2nd year B.Tech with CSE? How to prepare for this Exam?
  14. Full information about IAS syllabus? Which is the entrance exam? I am in 3rd year B.Tech in CSE stream
  15. How to start preparation for IAS Exam being a candidate pursuing 2nd year of B.Com course?
  16. Can a computer science engineering student give IAS exam and IES?
  17. How to prepare for IAS exam after passing 3rd year B.E(CSE)? Subjects which I can choose?
  18. Subjects for IT students in IAS EXAM? -- [Most Discussed]
23rd January 2012, 01:35 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subjects should I choose for IAS Exam being a candidate pursuing 2nd year of B.Tech in CSE?

IAS (Indian Administrative Services) is basically for those who are firmly determined for dedication of themselves towards the own country.

If you are so interested for IAS,after being Engineers, Doctors, or Ph.d you can sit IAS exam conducted by UPSC.

Application forms will come out in the month of January.

According to the new exam pattern of the IAS exam

1) General-Studies paper which carries 150 marks

2) Optional paper which carries 150 marks.

Eligibility Criteria :-

1.Educational Qualification:To appear in IAS exam you should have a Graduation degree in any stream from a recognize University. If you are in final year you can also eligible to apply for the examination.

2.Age:The age must be between 21 to 30 years at the time of appearing of this examination. The age relaxation is also applicable for the candidates belong to reservation category.

No.Of Attemptes:

General Candidates - 4 Attempts

OBC Candidates - 7 Attempts

SC/ST Candidates - No Limits.

The General Studies paper and one Optional paper both the papers are the compulsory paper.

according to the list of optional paper are as:
1) Psychology

2) Commerce and Accountancy

3) History

4) Geography

5) Physics

6) Medical Science

7) Law

8) Mathematics

9) Mechanical Engineering

10) Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science

11) Public Administration

12) Agriculture

13) Sociology

14) Botany

15) Chemistry

16) Geology

17) Electrical Engineering

18) Civil Engineering

19) Economics

20) Philosophy

21) Zoology

22) Political Science

23) Statistics

for some questions or subjects follow the link:http://www.iupsc.com/label/ias/
23rd January 2012, 05:04 PM
anlakshmi

Default Re: Which subjects should I choose for IAS Exam being a candidate pursuing 2nd year of B.Tech in CSE?

Computer Science is not there in the Civil Services exam. 2013 onwards the pattern may change. It is better to concentrate on the General Studies part only.

Educational Eligibility for IAS

Graduate in any discipline from a university recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC)
You can appear for the Prelims even if the final year's result is awaited provided you produce it while filling the Mains form

Citizenship Eligibility for IAS

MUST be a Citizen of India

Age Eligibility for IAS

Minimum 21 years of age at the time of filling the Prelims form and not more than 30 years for General category
For OBC candidates between 21 and 33 years of age
For SC/ST candidates between 21 and 35 years of age

Attempt Eligibility for IAS

For General category students not more than 4 attempts including prelims
For OBC candidates not more than 7 attempts
For SC/ST candidates no limit on attempts. Only age limit.
23rd January 2012, 06:02 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreetiRohilla View Post
IAS exam Subject selection
I am a B.Tech 2nd year student. I am in CSE branch. I am not getting to the end of Subject selection. Please guide me which subject should I choose?

IAS exam is conducted by UPSC in once time in year.

Those candidate are graduate from any recognized university with any discipline are eligible for IAS exam.

But your age should be in between 22 to 30 years old.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC category as per govt rule.

The maximum attempts for SC/ST candidate is Unlimited. For OBC candidate it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.

Also you must be in citizen in India.

OPTIONAL SUBJECT

You can choose optional subject as your strength .

Economics , Electrical Engineering,Geography, Geology ,History, Law,Management,Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Medical Science, Philosophy, Physics, Political Science and International Relations, Psychology, Public Administration, Sociology,Statistics, Zoology, Agriculture, Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Anthropology,Botany, Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Commerce and Accountancy.

You can choose the subject in sense of your strength .

EXAM DATE:-

Civil Services Preliminary Exam, 2012

Date of notification: 04-02-2012

Last Date for Receipt of Applications: 05-03-2012

Date of Exam: 20-05-2012

Civil Services Main Exam, 2012

Date of Commencement of Exam: 05-10-2012

I have attached the syllabus and question paper for IAS exam.So please check it out.

For more details you can visit www.upsc.gov.in
Attached Files
File Type: pdf SYLLABUS FOR IAS EXAM.pdf(11.7 KB, 109 views)
File Type: doc IAS-Prelims-Paper-I-Solved-2011.doc(86.0 KB, 63 views)
9th March 2012, 07:35 PM
123dolly
Senior Member+++

for some questions or subjects follow the link:http://www.iupsc.com/label/ias/
29th April 2012, 01:37 AM
mithu ashi
Member+

The list of OPTIONAL SUBJECTS in Civil Service(IAS) mains Exam:-

1. Agriculture Management
2. Commerce & Accountancy
3. Public Administration
4. Mathematics
5. Botany
6. Mechanical Engineering
7. Indian History
8. Medical Science
9. Philosophy
10. Chemistry
11. Civil Engineering
12. Physics
13. Electrical Engineering
14. Political Science & International Relations
15. Economics
16. Psychology
17. Geography
18. Geology
19. Sociology
20. Statistics
21. Law
22. Zoology
23. animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science

There are no subjects in Optional papers from IT stream.
So, I suggest you to take Indian History, Geography like papers .
Because these papers will give you more marks.
These papers will help you both in prelims & mains exam for preparation.
Besides these papers you can also choose Psychology & Sociology papers as these papers are interesting & give you more marks.
13th May 2012, 08:48 PM
BIKARANT RAI

hi friends,
OPTIONAL SUBJECT

You can choose optional subject as your strength .

Economics , Electrical Engineering,Geography, Geology ,History, Law,Management,Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Medical Science, Philosophy, Physics, Political Science and International Relations, Psychology, Public Administration, Sociology,Statistics, Zoology, Agriculture, Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Anthropology,Botany, Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Commerce and Accountancy.

You can choose the subject in sense of your strength .

IAS exam is conducted by UPSC in once time in year.

Those candidate are graduate from any recognized university with any discipline are eligible for IAS exam.

But your age should be in between 22 to 30 years old.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC category as per govt rule.

The maximum attempts for SC/ST candidate is Unlimited. For OBC candidate it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.

Also you must be in citizen in India.
EXAM DATE:-

Civil Services Preliminary Exam, 2012

Date of notification: 04-02-2012

Last Date for Receipt of Applications: 05-03-2012

Date of Exam: 20-05-2012

Civil Services Main Exam, 2012

Date of Commencement of Exam: 05-10-2012

I have attached the syllabus and question paper for IAS exam.So please check it out.

For more details you can visit www.upsc.gov.in
thanking you
26th June 2012, 10:15 PM
Unregistered

Which subjects should I choose IAS exam as being a candicate pursuing B.A. Final year and in B.A my respective subjects are (Psychlogy,Funtional English,Hindi and english)??? I have also interest in sociology...please suggest me
11th August 2013, 12:11 PM
Unregistered

Sir: I'm doing B.tech in electronics but can i give ias and ips ,Pre. and mains beside my degree subjects like public add. ,history etc....
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?