24th January 2012, 05:04 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for IAS after passing diploma course in computer engineering?

can i apply for ias after my diploma course incomputer engineering

25th January 2012, 04:50 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for IAS after passing diploma course in computer engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
No you are Not eligible to apply for UPSC Civil services examination after completing your Diploma Course. You have to complete your Graduate degree course in any discipline from a recognised University, Final year graduate appearing candidates are also apply for this examination.

Civil Services Examination is conducted every year by the Union Public Service Commission for recruitment to various services like the Indian Administrative Service, Indian Foreign Service and Indian Police Service, as well as Group A and Group B Central Services.

You must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years, The upper age limit will be relaxable by 5 years for SC/ST candidates, by 3 years for candidates of OBC.

You have to cracked this examination with in the given Limits :

>> For SC/ST Candidates : No Limits
>> For OBC Candidates : 7 Chances
>> For General candidates : 4 Chances

If you have failed to cracked this examination within the given limits then you cant apply for this examination again in Future.

So, Please complete your Graduate degree course first and then you are eligible to apply for UPSC Civil services examination, After Diploma its not possible for you to apply for Civil services examination.

If you want to know more about this examination then please check official website of UPSC :

http://upsc.gov.in
25th January 2012, 04:56 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for IAS after passing diploma course in computer engineering?

No friend you are not eligible...

the only educational criteria for IAS is a graduation in any stream from any recognized university.....and having diploma is not a graduation degree.

then take a look at the age factor...

Your age should be between 21 years and 30 years.
[33 years and 35 years for OBC and for SC/ST]

IAS is an exam that makes you to enter into the competitive world and make you to get the top posts such as DC and DSP and ACP so on..

You should have good knowledge in current affairs and social issues.

official website-- http://www.upsc.gov.in

*** final year students are also eligible for IAS.
But if selected, then final years students have to show their certificate of passing at the time of interview.
25th January 2012, 05:07 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

Sorry to say that diploma candidate are not applicable for IAS exam.The minimum qualification for IAS exam is graduation.

This exam is conducted by UPSC in once time in year.This exam is conducted through Civil service exam.There is no percentage criteria for IAS exam.

Those candidate are graduate from any recognized university with any discipline are eligible for IAS/IPS exam.

But your age should be in between 22 to 30 years old.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC category as per govt rule.

The maximum attempts for SC/ST candidate is Unlimited. For OBC candidate it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.

Also you must be in citizen in India.

EXAM PATTERN AND OPTIONAL SUBJECT FOR IAS EXAM:-

EXAM DATE:-

Civil Services Preliminary Exam, 2012

Date of notification: 04-02-2012

Last Date for Receipt of Applications: 05-03-2012

Date of Exam: 20-05-2012

Civil Services Main Exam, 2012

Date of Commencement of Exam: 05-10-2012

I have attached the syllabus for IAS exam so please check it out.

For more details you can visit to www.upsc.gov.in
Attached Files
File Type: pdf SYLLABUS FOR IAS EXAM.pdf(11.7 KB, 72 views)
25th January 2012, 05:18 PM
rkexam

Quote:
Sorry to say But You are not eligible for IAS Exam.

For the Eligibility required is-

1. Graduate degree from a recognized university or equivalent

2 Age- For IAS The age must be between 21 to 30 years at the time of appearing of this exam.
Also there is Age Relaxation For Reservation category Candidates :-

PH candidates :- 10 years
SC/ST candidates :- 5 years
OBC candidates :- 3 years
Ex-service man :- 5 years

for Full information about eligibility you can simply go to

http://upsc.gov.in/general/faq.htm#PageTop

With Regards
RK
25th January 2012, 06:20 PM
4G Solutions
Senior Member+

Post Re: Can I apply for IAS after passing diploma course in computer engineering?

Quote:
Dear Aspirant

Sorry...It is not possible to apply for IAS{Indian Administrative Service} after diploma course. Minimum educational qualification required for IAS is Graduation course in any specialization.

UPSC{Union Public Service Commission} conducts Civil Service Exam for recruitment to the various Civil Services of the Government of India, including Indian Administrative Service (IAS), Indian Foreign Service (IFS), Indian Police Service (IPS) and Indian Revenue Service (IRS) among others.

Eligibility criteria to Appear in IAS Civil Service Exam:
-----------------------------------------------------

• You should have completed Graduate in any stream from recognized College/University.
  • Final year Students are also eligible to apply on provisional basis.
  • You should have minimum of 50% aggregate in graduation(45% for ST/SC).
  • Your Age must be between 21 to 33 years for General category, 21 to 35 for OBC, 21 to 35 for SC/ST.
  • You must be an Indian citizen

Number of Permissible Attempts : 4 for General , 7 for OBC and Unlimited for SC/ST.

>>So first complete your Graduation to eligible for IAS Civil Service Exam.

For any other detail regarding IAS Exam you can visit UPSC Official WEBSITE: http://upsc.gov.in

REGARDS
#4G sLT#
25th April 2012, 05:23 PM
Unregistered

can i do graduation in other subject after doing diploma in computer and can try for ias ???
30th September 2012, 03:49 PM
gamble007
Senior Member++

Thumbs up Re: Can I apply for IAS after passing diploma course in computer engineering?

No!!!!
Dear,.. You want to join the civil service of India, I appreciate it. There is one thing I would like to inform you, candidates with at least a graduation degree, can appear in his examination,..
As you are diploma holder not a graduate holder , so you are not eligible yet for this examination.
This civil service examination is conducted by the UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION (UPSC) every year.

So , you must have to complete your graduation in any stream you want to.., but from a recognized college.

This civil service examination has three stages to be clear in the way of a IAS aspirant--
1. CSAT (CIVIL SERVICE APTITUDE TEST )
2. MAINS
3. INTERVIEW (personal evaluation)

CSAT EXAM PATTERN-

OPTIONAL SUBJECT IN CSAT--

MAINS EXAM PATTERN-

AGE LIMIT-

21-30 years for the general candidates,
21-33 years for the obc candidates,
21-35 years for the SC\ST candidates..

Notifications--

Civil Services Preliminary Exam, 2012

Date of notification: 04-02-2012

Last Date for Receipt of Applications: 05-03-2012

Date of Exam: 20-05-2012

Civil Services Main Exam, 2012

Date of Commencement of Exam: 05-10-2012

For more details --

http://upsc.gov.in/

Thank you!!
!!gamble!!
24th February 2014, 02:35 AM
Unregistered

I am a diploma passed candidate then get jee late now I am a student of final year in civil engineering .can I apply for ias exam
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?