11th December 2010, 11:49 PM
Unregistered

I am an average student with complete hatred towards Maths : Which stream to choose after 10th?

i am in class tenth. i am confused about which stream to take after class tenth. i am an average student scoring about 60%. i am very poor in maths and hate it very much. i am average in all other subjects and i doesn't have any favourite subject.

Related Questions:
  1. Which stream should I opt to study after completing 10th being an average student?
  2. Which stream should I take between Science and Commerce if I am average student with weaker skills in Maths and Biology?
  3. Which stream to select if I am good in maths but average in Chemistry after school?
  4. Which course to choose after completion of 10th being an average candidate in Maths and Physics?
  5. What I have to choose in 11th for bright career having no interest to join Biology an being an average student in Maths?
  6. Which stream should I choose if I hate Chemistry and have interest in Maths stream? How should I explain my parents about my interests?
  7. Which stream should i choose in 12th being a good student of Maths till 10th?
  8. Which are the courses offered after completion of BIPC?
  9. Career options after 10th for an average student interested in Commerce and Maths?
  10. Which stream to choose in 11th standard if Science is liked but not Maths? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Choice of stream in 12th to go for CA course
  12. Which stream should i choose? I am interested in Maths
  13. Which stream should I take in 11th if I am interested in Non medical course and uninterested in Maths?
  14. Which stream should I choose after 10th? Is it possible o choose commerce stream?
  15. What are the career options except engineering? Details about the information of ISRO test?
  16. If I am good in Biology, bad in Physical Science and uninterested in Maths then which stream to choose in 11th?
  17. Which subject should I choose in 11th between Science and commerce? -- [New]
  18. How should I get admission in medical? I am a 10th standard student
13th December 2010, 12:01 AM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

Default Re: I am an average student with complete hatred towards Maths : Which stream to choose after 10th?

There are lots of streams which you can do after completing your 10th

Science
Commerce
Arts
Vocational

Science : I think we need to cut this out as you HATE it very much and science has Maths

Commerce : Yeah there is Maths in commerce but its not of that level of science. So you can consider commerce

Arts : There is maths as an optional so if you dont like then dont choose it

Since you say you are not sure whether in what are you exactly interested. I would still say try to think about what you like and what attracts you exactly. If your still not sure then you may take help of your parents too.!!!

I would suggest that you go for either commerce or arts. The basic maths is fine and you will have to live with it as its impossible to stay away with maths subject for your whole life as Maths is associated with all the subjects and there its called a universal subject

So choose the right one which suits you

Another best thing to do will be to give an aptitude test. This will help you to know what exactly you are made for. So surely just give an aptitude test a try.

All the best
13th December 2010, 12:17 AM
mini rani
Senior Member++

Default Re: I am an average student with complete hatred towards Maths : Which stream to choose after 10th?

hi!

There are 3 main streams to choose from after passing 10th namely science, commerce & arts.

If you dislike maths then you can not take up PCM subjects if you choose to study science. But you can take up physics, chemistry & biology subjects in class 11th, science stream.

You can also study commerce in class 11th but the subjects included in commerce like accounting also involve difficult & lengthy calculations.

Maths is not compulsory for arts students so you can also take up arts in class 11th.
13th December 2010, 12:24 AM
ramakant sharma

Smile Re: I am an average student with complete hatred towards Maths : Which stream to choose after 10th?

Hello dear

don't afraid there are other streams in which you can go apart from maths . As you are saying that you are not interested in math than it seems that science field will be difficult so you may choose either Art , commerce or agriculture art and agriculture will be best suited for you . if you choose agriculture than you may go for higher studies in agriculture itself but it is sure that math will not leave you because math is important subject but i can assure you that in these subject math will not that much tough that you are solving in your current standard .

all the best
13th December 2010, 12:26 AM
Saikiran M

hi my dear friend.

sorry for this but i don't really appreciate abandoning maths...
See, maths is the foundation for everything... even you know this!

I also know that maths hurts verrry badly when not understood...

my suggestion:
start learning school maths its really fun... this will not make you a genius but
will reduce your hatred to subject...
Then-after you will really feel better...

Trust me...
Mahendrakar Sai Kiran ©®
13th December 2010, 01:19 AM
Unregistered

You should try to create your interest in maths.It is not that much difficult.

If you start loving it then you should go for science stream.If not, then with a little interest in maths you can opt commerce stream and if u still hate maths den i will suggest you to go for arts.

Through arts you can prepare for law and make your career.
Last decision is yours but i will say please choose it carefully.After all your career is fully dependent on this.
Best of luck
13th December 2010, 05:53 AM
RAKESH KUMAR.N
Senior Member+

1)Why you are Average student?

*Thinks that you came to your mind ,will be the output,through that away positive, who told that you are Average , say then that i am a Topper Student , Next time i prove that.

*For you Maths is the weakest subject , most of them face that problem, for that you should daily work out Maths for 2 hours,First be store in your Basic BODMAS Rule or say your parent to join Home tuition .

*don't take Commerce , try to study in the Science field so that you can write lot of Entrance Exam and also you can Write RRB, because most of them Required the Science as the major subject (Physics,Chemistry and Maths) in 12th, to Enter into the field

*Try to get more then 65% from now on, If you get more the 65% in the class test and exams, you can easily cross more then 70% in Public exam

2)or you can go for Bio Science group or Commerce

Best of luck,Success is yours Friend,Positive thinking
13th December 2010, 05:57 AM
kumarpravir007
Senior Member+++

most appropriate stream according to ur limitations is ARTS ...
so u can opt for the arts stream and it has many scopes in the govt services...........as u might be knowing...
13th December 2010, 10:07 AM
subho19
Senior Member+++

Arrow Re: I am an average student with complete hatred towards Maths : Which stream to choose after 10th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am in class tenth. i am confused about which stream to take after class tenth. i am an average student scoring about 60%. i am very poor in maths and hate it very much. i am average in all other subjects and i doesn't have any favourite subject.
Dea friend,
I think you should go for commerce,because it is a very effective stream for future,there has a little bit math like BM,but it is not very tough...
After that you can apply for BBA,BCA,Accountant,CA etc...
13th December 2010, 12:21 PM
saswata06

You can opt for course other than science,i.e. arts or vocational courses.You can also choose commerce as commerce math is not that standard of science w.r.t difficulty.Best of luck!
13th December 2010, 02:20 PM
Mohddanishb

Smile Re: I am an average student with complete hatred towards Maths : Which stream to choose after 10th?

Quote:
Dear Brother........,

If you are poor in maths. You should choose Commerce Stream. It is not much difficult & its scope is also very well.
13th December 2010, 07:45 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: I am an average student with complete hatred towards Maths : Which stream to choose after 10th?

hello friend

basically after reading your question i understood one thing you do not have much interest on studies

first of all know the reason for that

its really boring without maths you know

you should build up confidence and interest towards maths know all the advantages if you know maths

as it is your wish to decide your future in which field to continue

apart from maths you have lot courses like arts ,voccasional courses

first of all deciding what to opt after 10th without maths think about why not maths

it will have wider chances than any other field

all the professional courses are related to maths its the time to decide whether to become a professional or not

okay as i said mainly my opinion as a maths student

once think about maths also you'll find it interesting

apart from maths courses like

acting courses

fashion courses

vocational courses

arts groups

and many more like this

all the best bro

~aditya~
13th December 2010, 11:37 PM
lavanyaratala

There are many science subjects irrespective of maths subject...so try those subjects
15th December 2010, 03:09 PM
Unregistered

i m in 10th class n i m very cnfusd dat in which stream shud i go bio or commerce...i dony know the courseof commerce of 11th &12th ...my frnds told me dat bio with maths is the bast option but i hate maths...i dont want to take maths..so can u plz help me a little...
16th December 2010, 09:43 PM
gaya3rd

Post Re: I am an average student with complete hatred towards Maths : Which stream to choose after 10th?

•Arts group with computer science will be better and intresting for u

•learn abacus and pracptice to get well in accounts and maths

•rules that you can follow are

..decide easy course
..think whether you can surely deal with that subject
..learn practically
..choose good school where they will lead course better

•you can choose Arts group with those subjects also as option
..accounts/computer science
..accounts/history

All the best
27th December 2010, 10:33 AM
Unregistered

i m just going to complete class 10th... i m really confused to what to take as i want to become an I.A.S but if i don't become so i need to keep my options open for like become an economist...so please suggest me the perfect stream or me...
27th December 2010, 10:37 AM
Unregistered

i m just going to complete class 10th... i m really confused to what stream to take as i want to become an I.A.S but even if i don't become one... i need to keep my options open for like becoming an economist...so please suggest me the perfect stream for me...
2nd January 2011, 07:50 AM
jits
Senior Member++++

Try to overcome your fears,just face it.This is what we hear from our elders most often right.

Myself,i was weak in the chemistry part as i always scored less marks in it.But after that i started to understand the subject by going through its basic part and still now it's my favourite subject.Instead of the thinking to score just try to grasp the subject.

Well if you still doesn't opt for maths stream then its better that you choose for commerce stream,hotel Management,Aviation sector.

There's nothing called difficult or tough,am just saying this to you from my personal experience.So start everything from the beginning and it's never too late for things.
No matter which stream you go for,maths still plays its role.

Trust me,start everything from the basic concepts.
22nd February 2011, 04:33 PM
yashwar sharma S.G.
Senior Member++

" The fear to be fear is the fear itself" ,...Its a great saying, first of all try to clear out the fear in you for maths.

You can try out the basic fundas of maths,keep remembering the formulae,linking with the real life situations,sums and profits,try out the CD workout puzzles,problems etc.

After that i am sure that you will get a taste in maths.

If you really dont have a choice then you can go for biology group in +2, that is also one option that you can do otherwise go for arts streams!!

I hope that you will take a wise decision..
2nd March 2011, 07:29 PM
Unregistered

im studyin in 10th...ksa....iisj..i dont knw..am nt dat gud in maths..bt i stil score..average..wat should i take up in 11th?
13th March 2011, 11:45 PM
Unregistered

What if I get 30-40% marks in HS(science)??

What would I do after then??
15th March 2011, 09:19 PM
vikas9862638964

according to you are very weak in mathematics.so only two option are left for you either choose arts stream or biology stream.
and in my advice you will choose biology stream for 12th,because you will get more option after 12th from biology.
23rd March 2011, 12:23 PM
myra malhotra

can i do hotel manaaement in diploma after 10th?
2nd April 2011, 03:21 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

If you don't like maths, it does not mean that the option for science is opted out for you.

You can not do well in pure science (i.e physics, chemistry, maths) but you may do well in Bio science (i.e physics, chemistry, biology).

But rather than going for science, where you also have a part of numerical problems in physics if you take bio-science, its better to choose between commerce or arts.

If your memory is strong, if you grasp answers easily, then take arts.....

maths will not come in your way, but you have to learn a lot.

If you like banking calculation, accountancy or have interest in business, then go for commerce.

its very easy to choose, just go with your own interest.
9th April 2011, 05:45 PM
Unregistered

I've given my 10th exams. I topped in S.Sc. in class 8th & 9th. I'm also good at literature. I'm editor of my school magazine. Science is above average but Maths is terrible. In future I want to be either an English professor or a doctor. Suggest a stream.
12th April 2011, 06:12 PM
Unregistered

for ias i choose mathscience or commerce
30th April 2011, 01:02 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Don't hate any subject like Maths. Every subject has its own sweetness. You have to taste it.

It is not at all good to just say good bye to maths as you don't have interest in Mathematics.

Mathematics will be a crucial subject. Even if you don't take Mathematics as one of the subject, you will definitely will have to go through Mathematics in your future studies.

This is because the extensive applications that Mathematics have in various subjects.

So, instead of hating the subject, just know the importance of Mathematics, and start yourself with all the fundamentals.

Create interest yourself and start doing Mathematics. Wish you all the best
30th April 2011, 01:12 PM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

Don't think maths subjects in negative sense,once think the subject in positive sense and work out the problems for while,then definitely,it gives lot of confidence.so remove hate feeling towards the maths subject.

If you continue in the same manner,you will face lot of problem not in education,but also in Personal life also.

Without calculation their is no particular courses.In each and every course,in something or other ways calculation part is included in the course.

But i can suggest you to take ART stream,it has less part of calculation.
30th April 2011, 02:13 PM
kishoreb4

hi,

see first of all maths is easiest subject friend you can score very good marks but just be in positive attitude.ok if you really dont want to give maths a chance then go for bipc or commerce etc there are many ways.
30th April 2011, 02:34 PM
Somesh Goenka
Senior Member+++

Maths is a very interesting subject if you study,

However you hate it.
This proves you dont like hard work and take life easily.

If you are the son of a rich man, then no problem for you.
However if thats not the case then you need to work very hard to earn a living.

As you hate maths and did not score well so you are not fit for science or commerce as they are all about maths. Commerce too has a lot of maths.

So you have only one option-Arts. Go for it.

If you are a creative person, then humanities is best for you.
24th May 2011, 12:02 PM
Unregistered

Arrow Re: I am an average student with complete hatred towards Maths : Which stream to choose after 10th?

Quote:
i think u r like me but dont worry i think that u should take something that u feel it easy i m doing hotel management
3rd June 2011, 11:43 AM
sayalihande

" Maths is compulsory subject in Science. It is optional in Commerce & Arts. But in commerce if you do not choose maths although in account subject you have to do some calculations that is you need some part of maths.

So I suggests you can choose Arts stream where maths is optional."
6th June 2011, 08:27 PM
princearyan
Senior Member+

hey friend math is not too tough ....there is many field related to math ...
if you take math you have lots of option like engineering ,hotel management,fashion technology, defense and many more ...
and other option is just pass science with any subject biology,commerce ,arts
take care of English and join any call center if you dislike studies .
But friend remember if you are not graduate then no one give respect you and your parents also feel shy so create interest in studies ,,,and take graduation degree any how
good luck ..
30th June 2011, 11:04 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
u just try to like the subjects and try to be close with ur teachers just enjoy the studies think as if u r playing the game and study u just listen the classes perfectly the u can score good marks first u be happy with free mind and all ways be cool then for shure u will score marks
11th September 2011, 11:35 AM
Unregistered

i am very weak in maths.my school offers the option to choose from general maths[eas] or regular maths[tough].which streams are open for me after tenth if i opt general maths
21st September 2011, 01:24 PM
Unregistered

I Want To Take commerce
31st March 2012, 11:16 PM
Unregistered

i have completed 10th . im above average student, interested in biology ,,languages,a little bit in maths.
which steam is better to me??
14th June 2012, 05:41 PM
Unregistered

i have passed with 83% in maths and i had taken general maths in 10th so can i now take science
5th July 2012, 06:40 PM
Unregistered

accordin 2 me its better u go fr comerce bt evn am bad in maths bt i try 2 show intrst n d subject i tink evn u shud try 2 show some intrst towards d subject.........:)
24th November 2012, 01:18 PM
Unregistered

i have taken science i want maths in 11th but i took general maths in 10th can i take maths
1st December 2012, 12:32 PM
Unregistered

I am in std10 and i am average student with poor maths still i want to go in medical what should i do?
15th December 2012, 10:01 AM
joyshreenath
Senior Member++

Hello,
Since you say that you do not like the mathematics subject at all then it will be better that you take up arts genre. In arts you can take Economics and History and Language and other subjects as your combination. Try and score more than 65% in higher secondary with this subject combination. This will make it easier for you to get admission in a good Arts college. You can take up History honors or Geography honors or Hindi honors or English honors. After any of such courses you can go for the respective master degree. On the side you can prepare yourself for government jobs by giving IPS or IFS type of examinations. If you score high you will get some rank around the IPS designations. With lower ranks you will get lower divisional jobs. But the job is a government accredited one and thus you will get every facility that a government gives to its employees including off days on Saturday and Sunday.
4th July 2013, 10:41 PM
Unregistered

i got 60% in tenth i have taken commerce stream but took sp instead of maths what should i do in front for better future
25th March 2014, 05:14 PM
Unregistered

I am good in math but I also like biology.But I want to become a doctor not engineer.I am confused in both subject because both are equal for me and I didn't know which is best subject for me.
20th April 2014, 09:30 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
My dear, God has given all of us special talents that only each of us best know what they are. You need to find that special talent that God has given you and let that be your direction of achieving. If you cannot be a tree, be the best possible bush. All the best and God bless.
13th December 2014, 08:19 AM
Unregistered

I love science but I am very bad at maths so which stream should I opt after 10th
24th February 2015, 06:43 AM
Unregistered

i hate math subject, but i am willing to learn more. i am now in 4th year highschool,and i'm planning to take commerce, is it suit for me? please give an advice....
13th June 2015, 12:45 AM
Unregistered

I choose in gernal maths in class 10 th l got 78% & l am intrested commerce l choose maths no problem for gernal maths
13th June 2015, 12:05 PM
Ronie0309

Many people hate maths but actually maths is the most important subject taught in school.

This is only because no matter what stream you take after 10th you will have maths as an integral part of your curriculum.

So you have to decide what part of maths do you actually hate the most.
Like if you hate trignometry or integration then you should not go for engineering or BSc.

If you hate only statistics then you should not go for commerce.

If you hate both then you should either go for arts or medical.
But may I tell you that you will have maths in these 2 fields as well but this maths would be elementary in front of what you may have to study in other streams.
13th June 2015, 01:37 PM
Unregistered

[QUOTE=ramakant sharma;270080]Hello dear

don't afraid there are other streams in which you can go apart from maths . As you are saying that you are not interested in math than it seems that science field will be difficult so you may choose either Art , commerce or agriculture art and agriculture will be best suited for you .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?